The menu has changed and it's for the better!
Had a few pints in the best bar in Cumbria without a doubt and then the experience in the Bistro = Excellent...
Starter was scotch egg with a twist...tasty!
Fish & chips main, batter suburb with mushy peas, chips were special...
Partner had Chicken liver starter & Brill for the main, finished with cheese & biscuits...lovely stuff!
This was a top class meal with fantastic service from staff who know exactly what they are doing...well done The Pheasant - an excellent experience yet again!
Thank you to you all....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District