Stayed for one night, looking forward to the lovely location. Room nice overlooking garden with small bathroom, husband said very good shower. Restaurant closed so went into the "Brasserie". Quite good food though uninspiring menu. Really awful bar harking back to days when people smoked and the walls were left black to cover the smoking stains. Uncomfortable chairs etc. Nice lounge. Staff very pleasant and efficient
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District