Last week end was just one of many breaks we've had at The Pheasant. Once again the staff and service were excellent. Also the sign of a well run business is " when the boss is away and the service is still excellent" suggest everything is in order!", the Director/Manager was having a break also.
The food both nights in the Bistro was fabulous and again a good selection of wines.
We also like the friendly bar, frequented by several locals.
Cannot wait for our next trip to the Pheasant around Christmas time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District