“Excellenet in every way”

The Coach House Restaurant at Ravenstone Lodge
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is open to non-residents 7 days a week and is situated in a lovely rural setting on the A591 5 miles north of Keswick.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellenet in every way”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying for a week at the Ravenstone Lodge. After dining at the Coach House the first evening, I decided that this is where I would dine for the rest of my holiday. Everything was perfect: the variety of the menu, the service, the wine, the atmosphere, the view - there really was no need to dine elsewhere! The food was perfectly cooked and served, and all around me I heard the expressions of satisfied diners. First class and value for money. Thank you all, especially the talented chef.

• Visited May 2012

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We recently visited the Coach House and were extremely impressed!
From the warm welcome, the service and the sublime home cooked food together with an excellent wine choice it could not be faulted.
Thoroughly Recommended!!

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful, imaginative food in a tranquil setting”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at Ravenstone Lodge for 7 nights. We ate in the Coach House every evening.The welcome you get from the friendly and highly efficient staff is first class. The quality of the ingredients and the imagination of the cooking was wonderfuland the variety such that we ate for 7 nights without repeating a dish. The view from the restaurant is true Lake District and worth the visit alone. The breakfast menu is wide and providesan excellent start for a day out in Cumbria.
The reputation of Ravenstone Lodge has clearly been spread as during our visit a number of non residents came out for a meal. A real gem.

Kent
“Delicious food and great service!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is honestly one of the best restaurants I have ever been to in terms of quality of food!! A lovely romantic setting with a view of the lake, I will definitely be returning on my next visit to the lake district! I only wish I had asked the chef for his recipes!!!

London, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely splendid :)”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I invited my lady for a romantic weekend to the cosy Ravenstone Lodge which was absolutely lovely. We are both very much into simple, fresh and healthy food. Therefore, it was a nice surprise to get such fresh and well prepared dishes. One day we wondered off and had dinner at the Ravenstone Hotel (located above) which was a real disappointment… compared to the restaurant in the lodge.

I assume the chef will be able to get a star at some point in his life (if he really wants to). In the meantime you are welcome to enjoy some delicious compositions at fair prices.

• Visited May 2012