“Excellent food and service in a beautiful location.”

The Coach House Restaurant at Ravenstone Lodge
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is open to non-residents 7 days a week and is situated in a lovely rural setting on the A591 5 miles north of Keswick.
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after a long day in the hills with my husband still rather muddy.... The staff were lovely and didn't mind at all. The food was excellent and we sat by the window in the restaurant watching the sunset over the fells. It was beautiful. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Although living locally this was the first time my sister and I had been to the ravenstone lodge . What a delightful, tranquil location , lovely seating in the conservatory for a pre meal drink and post meal coffee. The staff are so helpful and cheerful and the food is so good!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have enjoyed 3 excellent nights at the Ravenstone Lodge. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful, we cannot speak highly enough of them. The food was delicious. We would return without hesitation and thoroughly recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I visited the Stable Bar Bistro on the last night of our holiday to Bassenthwaite, hoping that it would compare with the rest of our wonderful holiday.
We were not disappointed.
My partner, an absolutely excellent cook in her own right, could do nothing but praise her main course and desert.
Me, a lover of all good food, I was bowled over by the quality of the food served at prices more than reasonable for the idyllic surroundings in which the restaurant is situated and also the environment in which one dined.
The staff were an absolute joy to interact with and were not backward in coming forward to laugh and joke with any of their customers.
All in all, a wonderful evening was had by both of us and we can certainly recommend a visit to this establishment for any person who appreciates good food.

1  Thank BrianLHall
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were staying just up the road from this restaurant and booked into the Bistro which shares a kitchen and most of the menu with the main restaurant.
Upon our arrival we were met most courteously by the manager Rachel and shown to our table in the old stables - literally! The Victorian cast iron manger and trough are preserved as are the original partitions and it has been very well done.
My steak was just as I ordered it and my wife's seafood pie had a good variety of fish and was very tasty. The pear and almond tart was exquisite and formed a light and refreshing finale to the meal.
All through the meal the staff were polite, friendly and helpful but not obtrusive.
All in all a very pleasant experience and one which, if the occasion arose, would be one that I would repeat.

1  Thank dogcollar