“Delightful setting.....”

Lake View Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lake View Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delightful setting.....”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A beautiful restaurant with very attentive staff.........the downside is however the quality of the fayre!!

Cumbria
“December Lunch Menu - Don't miss out!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I made a general enquiry regarding the online offer of the December lunch menu for £26.50. Although I realised this was Christmas themed, the website did not give a sample menu so after my email requesting this I promptly received a reply, always a good sign! I made a reservation for 12.30 and we waited in the lounge and admired the beautiful decorations while perusing the wine menu and taking in the surroundings. We were pleasantly greeted by the staff and our order was taken from the multiple choice menu. We both chose the melon and pineapple starter, minestrone soup, turkey, cheese board and chocolate fondant for dessert. Excellent service from Hugo in the restaurant, very attentive and exceptionally well mannered. I remembered him from an earlier visit for afternoon tea and he truly deserves to be praised. All four course were of high quality and for £26.50 extremely good value. To finish we had coffee and mince pies in the lounge. This is an offer not to be missed, book today !

North England
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We enjoyed an excellent meal. The fixed-price menu is very extensive - so much so that it was difficult to choose from among so many great dishes. Wine was also good quality and reasonably priced. Staff throughout were attentive and professional.

Workington, United Kingdom
“Birthday Luncheon”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I liked the food, service and hotel. I must admit I love the hotel anyway and it was where I got married so I may be biased.

Visited October 2013
somerset, uk
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I booked the Lake View restaurant for the first evening of our 2 night stay at the Armathwaite Hotel. We were promptly seated. The restaurant was half full - not bad for a Thursday evening. We opted for the 5 course meal - all courses were excellent as was the service. Huge wine list and something for all budgets.
Just the right amount of time between courses.
We then moved to the Main Hall - lots of comfy sofas and a huge crackling open fire where we ordered coffee - comes with FAB homemade chocolate - not that you need them but couldn't resist
Highly recommended