We stayed here on 21st May. We booked a family room, which we thought was very impressive. Only downside was the view out the window was of a scaffold platform with bits of building materials. Not really the view we anticipated! Although ,the decor was a bit dated I did think the bathroom was lovely, with a separate shower and bath and quite clean, although I did have to kill a rogue fly, for my 2 year olds benefit. The strange, out of place object in the bathroom was the hairdryer...looked as if it had been there since 1975 at least, and acted like it too. It was not adequate to dry my hair and when I requested if I could have an alternative hairdryer, the staff (although helpful) did not have one. They did suggest I could go in another room and use a more powerful one, but they were all the same models apparently! I chose eventually to use the one is the ladies changing rooms at the leisure part, in the end. Memo to self: must take own hairdryer in future!. Did not like the ladies changing facilties in the leisure area, smelled and looked as if it had seen better days and I don't think it is cleaned regularly, to be honest. It is such a shame because it lets down the swimming pool, and spa area so much. I really think this facility is excellent. The main restaurant is overpriced and the menu detail suggests you're in for a real treat. Don't be fooled by the jargon...it is not that great; certainly not up to expectation or worth what they're charging. Breakfast was ok, nothing fabulous. I will say though, that the staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly. Sometimes, it is worth paying extra (even if some areas fall short) for this very rare thing, almost unknown in this country - good customer service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Castle Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Best Western Keswick
- Best Western Castle Hotel
- Best Western Bassenthwaite
- Bassenthwaite Best Western
- Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel Bassenthwaite