This is a very nice hotel which is undergoing further renovation and improvement. The hotel is situated in a prime location of natural beauty ie lakes and mountain peaks close by (Skiddaw) and is very peaceful yet only 5/6 miles from the towns of Keswick and Cockermouth.
Our stay was a very pleasant having been upgraded to one of the 'superior' rooms. The room itself was both spacious and comfortable and to a very high standard. The ambience in the hotel was good and general service excellent. We used the leisure facilities on a number of occasions and found them more than adequate.
The only minor point to highlight (and it was minor) was that the restraunt could have done wih a slightly more 'up market' menu, making it more of a dining experience.
Overall a very posiive experience !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Castle Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Best Western Keswick
- Best Western Castle Hotel
- Best Western Bassenthwaite
- Bassenthwaite Best Western
- Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel Bassenthwaite