Although a lot of people seem to have enjoyed staying here, we were very dissapointed. We booked four nights in an Executive Suite for a nice quiet, luxury break. What we got was an ordinary room with very little luxury, worn furniture, shabby carpets and decoration the was needing some TLC. Must admit the bedding and towels were clean so that was a bonus mark. The Bar and Restaurant menu is very limited and very expensive, breakfast costing nearly £30 for a couple. I asked for a jacket potatoe instead of chips with my meal, and was told I would have to pay £7.50 off the childs menu, plus the full price of the meal on the adults menu. The second evening I was given a jacket potatoe which was a re-heated one and was unable to eat it. I spoke to the waiter and he just shrugged and walked away. We complained to the Reception staff and really nothing was done about it. It is a four star Hotel with four star prices, not worth it! The leisure centre is quite nice, but changing rooms are left untidy with damp towels all over the place. There are much better hotels in the area, try them.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Castle Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Best Western Keswick
- Best Western Castle Hotel
- Best Western Bassenthwaite
- Bassenthwaite Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Inn Hotel Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District