Visited again in May this year, but there seems to be something missing from the original quality. The food was fantastic but do you want to eat the same thing night after night? I think not! Whilst the quality of food was excellent on one night, the same meal on our third night was just not up to the level of our first night. The rooms do not stand the test of time, especially since they are meant to have been renovated only last year. The level of cleaning could have been better ie: attention to detail not what it should be, we had to ask for our wastebin to be emptied (from the previous occupant.) not very nice! The only person that deserves a mention is Katrin, she goes out of her way to make you feel valued. She is now the Matre' D but has an interest in what her clients are feeling about the rest of the hotel services. The big draw to this hotel has to be its position with views of the Lake and mountains. Anyone looking for a good spot to explore from it has to be one of the first options. However, I think we will look elsewhere when we next take a break in the Lakes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Castle Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Best Western Keswick
- Best Western Castle Hotel
- Best Western Bassenthwaite
- Bassenthwaite Best Western
- Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel Bassenthwaite