“Wonderful”

Chateau de Mirambeau
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mirambeau
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Beautiful views beautiful room fabulous dinner ? the spa was beautiful and the grounds were well attended I slept well in a soft crisp bed I don't need to say anymore made the stay made me feel very special and I don't want to leave

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Pippip_12

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have been a number of times and it just gets better. We took our children for the first time for dinner and it was amazing. Outstanding food and service and stunning setting. Looking forward to returning and sampling the amazing cognacs in the Cognatec.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

On the occasion of my husband's 50th birthday we spent 2 magical nights at the Chateau de Mirambeau. The staff were gracious and very welcoming. We had a suite which was palatial; stunning views of the grounds, fountains and little church. The bathroom was the size of an average bedroom! Each night someone came in to light tea-lights around the bath....a rather nice touch. The bed was opulent. We ran the Marathon du Médoc on the Saturday morning which is probably a bit far but the luxury of the hotel made up for the journey. We had breakfast in the orangery, which despite being a beautiful setting was marred only by a small child on the accompanying table who made a lot of noise, spilt hot chocolate all over the linen table cloth and ran around the place. We have 4 children of our own and consider ourselves child friendly but we were disappointed that a young child was allowed to make such a noise; neither the staff nor the parents seemed bothered. I consider that she was too young to be in such a special place where people have paid a lot of money to be there.
To sum up: a beautiful place, excellently run and heartily recommended.

Room Tip: Whilst I don't know the difference in the price of a room with a view of the gardens....it is pr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at Chateau de Mirambeau for two nights of R&R during a busy tour of France and could not have been more pleased with the experience. From the welcome to our check out we felt as though we were staying at a luxury country estate. The room was spectacular. The pool and massage facilities are beautiful and the restaurant divine. The hotel is only 45 minutes away from the very busy city of Bordeaux but it felt like a luxury enclave of quiet and relaxation. I too have been disappointed by some of the R&C hotels recently but this was not amoung them. If you need to take a breath from winery touring this is a great choice and not far from Cognac as well!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dorjet
Reviewed 28 August 2012

To be honest after recent disappointing stays in R&C hotels I booked into the Chateau with some trepidation. However my low expectations where completely dispelled from the moment I checked in.

After an excellent greeting service and drinks in one of the gorgeously decorated ante-rooms we where taken to our room where I’m afraid my expectations overcame me as I noticed her majesty’s beauty case hadn’t appeared in the luggage taken up….

A look of slight consternation flashed across our greeter as she explained that but of course they had put it in the bathroom…

This really set the tone for the entire visit.

Put simply the service is superb and you can relax in the knowledge that everything is being looked after.

This excellence also extends to the kitchen. The restaurant is excellent and served up some of the best cooking I’ve ever had in France served with a panache and attention to detail that made you feel very special.

All in all a wonderful experience which I would heartily recommend for a night or two of indulgence!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Squaremeal
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I can only endorse the last 3 reviews. Fabulous Chateau, Staff & Service excellent, superb facilities. The Best Chateau Hotel I've stayed at in France. But there were a few minor niggles. We wanted a birthday dinner for the family (10) and we were asked to choose off the Table d'hôte menu which had only Sea Bass & Duck as main courses. As this was easier for them, in view of the number? As this Table d'hôte was identical to the previous evening it meant that V & I would have had to have Sea Bass as we both had Duck the night before. After I complained V & I were allowed to have Lamb off the A La Carte.
The Sauna was not working and the steam room didn't seem too hot also after the first day the Jacuzzi was out of order. On our arrival day we wanted a swim in the afternoon and there were no large swimming towels left and no staff on duty in the pool/Spa area too assist.
Finally due to the Chateau's history of being a sanatorium and unused for several long periods the gardens were a disappointment. BUT; it was still a wonderful experience overall !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grandebosse
Reviewed 23 July 2012

a dream kind of place, it's rated 1 of 1 for the area! but if there were ten thousand it would still be number one,
the best thing is the service absolutely matches the splendour of this chateau. The staff are just perfect, everything is a dream.. save up if you need to but stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mirambeau
Chateau Cordeillan-Bages
Hotel Restaurant Les Vents d'Anges
Hotel du Moulin du Val de Seugne
Chateau des Salles
Chateau des Salles
#1 of 1 in Saint Fort sur Gironde
Hotel Restaurant Le Vieux Logis
Hotel de France et d'Angleterre

Been to Chateau de Mirambeau? Share your experiences!