The chateau is near to the motorway, but you can't hear the traffic. The countryside around Mirambeau is picturesque, but there are no great "sights" nearby. Bordeaux is well worth a visit, as are Cognac and both banks of the Gironde estuary - all about an hour's drive away
The chateau is stunningly beautiful and in a well-tended small park. We stayed 4 nights in a junior suite (room 6) on the first floor. It was very spacious and comfortable and had an excellent marble bathroom with separate shower and bath and two washbasins. The décor of the room was a bit over the top, even for a chateau and it had very good daylight from 3 floor to ceiling windows. However, it needs much more electric lighting than is provided.
The hotel's restaurant is excellent, although we were getting a bit bored with the limited menu after 4 nights. The chef produced exactly the same pre-dinner nibbles 4 nights running - what a lack of imagination.
Most the staff were charming (especially the lovely lady who seemed to serve us every meal in the restaurant) and spoke good English. The sommelier is outstanding - very knowledgeable and helpful.
The outside swimming pool was closed during our stay and the inside one is very small - fine if you have it to yourself and are happy to swim round in circles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situe entre terre et mer, a la croisee des vignobles de Bordeaux et de Cognac, le Chateau de Mirambeau est la residence ideale pour decouvrir et partager les saveurs d'une region, reputee pour sa douceur de vivre. Cet elegant chateau de style Renaissance trone au coeur d'un superbe parc de 8 hectares et est agremente de deux piscines, interieure et exterieure ainsi que de deux courts de tennis pour votre plaisir. Entierement renovee avec de somptueuses etoffes, un mobilier d'epoque, des lustres de cristal, cette demeure d'exception avec ses 22 chambres et suites decline un art de vivre a la francaise, entre reve et realite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Otel, Agoda and Superbreak UK so you can book your Chateau de Mirambeau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Mirambeau Hotel Mirambeau
- Chateau De Hotel Mirambeau
- Mirambeau Chateau De Hotel