We stayed there for 2 nights last week. This place is one of the rare luxury places in South West France and for those looking for top level hotels in historical castles it deserves being strongly recommended, both for the historical atmosphere that was carefully kept and also for the comfort and high level quality one expects in a 5 star place. It is expensive but when you see the place and the rooms you know it is worth it.
We were in room 16, not a suite but still extremely pleasant. Excellent bed, old elegant and charming furniture, much space, very efficient and silent air conditioning, fast wi-fi connection, nice view on the garden. Additional plugs would be welcome but this is the only negative point we could notice about the room. Huge bathroom with big bath tub, shower, etc.
I would also strongly recommend having dinner at Mirambeau. We had a delicious very classical pigeon with peas and an amazing see bass with what they call "water tomato" which was delicious.
Service is good. To the exception of the lady sommelier rather unkind and apparently very bored to be working on that night, the staff is very welcoming and helpful, whatever you ask.
We had a walk outside in the garden and this is where there is still some room for improvement. The immediate surroundings are fine but the car parking would better fit a lodge than a castle and some parts of the castle grounds show ugly precast concrete walls while other places are closed with ordinary metallic fencing. Compared to the many perfect details inside the castle that was surprising but I can understand it takes time (and a lot of money) to upgrade such a big garden.
We will certainly be back as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situe entre terre et mer, a la croisee des vignobles de Bordeaux et de Cognac, le Chateau de Mirambeau est la residence ideale pour decouvrir et partager les saveurs d'une region, reputee pour sa douceur de vivre. Cet elegant chateau de style Renaissance trone au coeur d'un superbe parc de 8 hectares et est agremente de deux piscines, interieure et exterieure ainsi que de deux courts de tennis pour votre plaisir. Entierement renovee avec de somptueuses etoffes, un mobilier d'epoque, des lustres de cristal, cette demeure d'exception avec ses 40 chambres et suites decline un art de vivre a la francaise, entre reve et realite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Superbreak UK and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau de Mirambeau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Mirambeau Hotel Mirambeau
- Chateau De Hotel Mirambeau
- Mirambeau Chateau De Hotel