Cape St Francis Resort
Thatchwood(Saint Francis Bay)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$78
Oyster Bay Lodge(Oyster Bay)
US$180
  • Room Service
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Hub Boutique Hotel(Port Elizabeth)
US$72
US$52
US$50
Travelocity
  • Pool
The King Edward Hotel(Port Elizabeth)
US$54
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalue for moneyjoe fishself cateringfrancis resortexcellent serviceget awaybeautiful placebeautiful beachbeach breakfriends and familygreat foodaccommodationholidayvillaunitfacilitieswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were staying in the Caravan Park. Loved the experience but the following was a problem. The cleaners were always talking very loudly and woke up our baby constantly while having a nap. During the last weekend after most people left, no handsoap and no toilet paper in the bathroom even after asking the cleaning lady. Also the stray dogs running around have taken food from our table and made bite marks on our brand new camping chair which was a bit annoying. Otherwise, all was well and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dienie S
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A potentially wonderful resort to spend time in, with so much to offer and lovely to look at, BUT, for those who sleep lightly, the nights from 11pm to 2am are torturous! The bar across the road turns it's music up really loudly and the guests are even noisier. That this bar has an operating license in that area blows my mind. It ruined our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R P
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We received a fantastic welcome at reception. The room was fantastic and good value for that time of year. However a a major disappointment was that my wife and I went to the pool after 5 after a beach walk. I had to go and call someone to serve me. She presented us with a food menu. We asked for a drinks menu and she fetched a wine menu and disappeared for 20min. There were only about 5 customers at the restaurant/pool/bar. I then went to the bar myself. The lady behind the bar could not have been slower serving another customer. I was relieved to see they served more than wine and after 15 min waiting my turn. I asked of two cocktails that were displayed on the wall. Upon ordering I was told she could not make them as "Julius" was on tea break. No cocktails at cocktail time? I them ordered two ciders, peanuts and chips. I asked the lady behind the counter why we are receiving such poor service. She replied that the staff were tired after Christmas and New Year. I asked my wife if the waitress ever returned for the order. As anticipated she hadn't. My wife and I inconveniently left the menus and drove to St Francis Bay to find a restaurant there which provided excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our very first visit to Cape St Francis and we could not just enough of it . On word for it awesome we loved everything about it from accommodation to the beach and hiking trails after a search for the blowhole we found it and what a glorious sight to behold . From the friendly staff to the locals it was an unbelievable . This will stay with us forever . Cape St Francis will see us again .

Room Tip: We stayed at the falcon great views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed in a 2-bed apartment for one night in Jan and had a very enjoyable stay. The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out with comfy beds, nice bathrooms and good kitchen facilities along with DSTV.

We ate downstairs in Joe Fish restaurant which was also very nice and handy to not have to drive out anywhere although getting a table is not easy due to it being so popular - there was some confusion when calling ahead to try to book a table but the staff were very helpful and sorted everything out for us when we arrived.

Breakfast is good without being outstanding but at R50 for a buffet breakfast was good value.

The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars was due to us both being very hot throughout the night. The evening was warm and stormy and even with the back door and window open the bedroom was still very hot - a ceiling fan or some other alternative would be great to help with this. This aside these are excellent units and great value accommodation and all staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014