“Lovely Apartment, Perfect For Two.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Apartment NELA

Dining table
Bathroom
Table on terrace
Beach near apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Debbie M
York, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely hosts but apartment a bit 'tired'”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Hrvoje and his wife were absolutely lovely, very kind and welcoming, they had arranged for us to be met at the ferry and also offered to take us back thus saving a walk with rucksacks. We stayed in the apartment for 3 nights and found the location ideal. There was a small supermarket (Studenac) just around the corner, or a little further away on the Dubrovacka Cesta road ( from Nela go to main road, turn right and keep going do not turn off to Lumbarda) is a massive Konzum supermarket. The downsides of the apartment were that is is somewhat tired and could do with a refresh, when we stripped the bed to leave the mattress protector was stained, the shower head needs replacement and whilst we visited the wifi was barely useable. The photos of the property on Tripadvisor are seveal years old as they do not give a clear indication of the property in 2016. I certainly appreciate that the property is 'budget' we paid £44 per night, but it would not take too much to bring it up to an acceptable standard. To summarise, location is quiet but handy for the old town (very pleasant 12 - 15 minute walk) and the owners were lovely and very welcoming.

Ysabelle...
“Lovely Apartment, Perfect For Two.”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My partner and I stayed in this apartment for 4 days, and we both had a wonderful experience. When arriving at the property we were greeted by the owner, who kindly showed us around the apartment, it's garden, and other useful locations such as the local supermarket, local beach, and the road to Old Town. The couple who owned the property were extremely kind, and on one of the days we were at the apartment, we were surprised with home-made sweet treats that the owners had made for us. The apartment itself is extremely clean and well looked after, and contains an array of useful amenities such as a cooking hob, fridge, microwave, WiFi Internet connection, showers, and so on. The location was perfect as everything was within walking distance of the apartment; great for anyone looking to spend a while exploring the island. My partner and I were also on a budget, and we felt that this rental was certainly worth every penny, fantastic value for money and a lovely place to stay at when venturing around the beautiful island of Korcula. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for cosy and convenient accommodation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location in regards to main sites, and the air-con.
Liked least: Shower facilities.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Chris R
“Sweet little apartment”
Reviewed 11 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

It was a lovely little apartment, suitable for two on a budget. The couple who own it are fabulous and really helpful and showed us the shop, beach and way to the old town. The beach is lovely and was very quiet, the shop and ferry port just down the road and the old town is 15 mins walk away. However, there is a nice Resturant by the beach. It has a small garden with a built BBQ that the owners are more than happy for you to use. We really enjoyed it.

Andrew W
“Peaceful, private, convenient location”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Travelling alone, the apartment was ideal in size. It is located on the edge of a residential area 15 minutes walk from Korcula town. The walk was further than I would have hoped for but it is a pleasant walk and the apartment is the right side of town for Korcula bus station so you can travel around the island - great. The local Studenac supermarket (4 mins walk) was very well stocked. The bus stop to/from (lovely) Lumbarda was 3 minutes walk and you can walk to Lumbarda in 45 ish minutes. I feel the apartment needs some updating and I had to do some cleaning in the kitchen. The linens were very clean and the bed very comfortable indeed. If the apartment was updated they could easily charge more. The terrace/patio is a private haven with lemon trees and shade. The wifi signal was weak but generally useable. The owners are lovely people, very helpful and friendly, respecting your privacy but also being available. They picked me up on arrival and took me to the port to leave. I requested a couple of non standard items and they ensured they were provided. I have some nice memories of my stay there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private patio/terrace with lemon trees. Hosts very welcoming and helpful.
Liked least: Apartment required some maintenance (in my opinion)
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jacquelin...
“Relaxing, quiet apartment close to Korcula town”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a week in this apartment. The hosts were lovely, very welcoming and helpful. They kindly gave us fresh fruit from their garden, home made cakes & lemonade.
The apartment was about a 10 minute walk to Korcula town, which was fine for us, we didn't have a car and got around easily by walking, using the local bus & hiring a bike on one day. There is a supermarket, fruit stall & restaurent only a few minutes walk away from the apartment. The restaurent did excellent seafood.

All in all we had a great stay.

Nurmijärvi
Reviewed 21 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
21 Jul 2012
Dear Anna & Lauri,
Thank you very much for nice review and i am happy that you had nice time in Korcula and in our apartment.
I hope that you will visit Croatia again.
Zagreb
Reviewed 27 March 2012 for a stay in May 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
27 Mar 2012
Thanks Mario,
we are so happy you enjoyed the place and had a great vacation. Looking forward to having you back anytime soon.
Hrvoje
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing