“One of the highlights to our vacation”

ATV Outfitters Hawaii
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Kapaau
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want to see - hear - taste - smell - touch and experience the real Hawaii then this is for you! ATV Outfitters is dedicated to your Hawaii ATV experience. When you ride into the heart of Kohala on our comfortable All Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s), you begin to sense what makes this place –- the oldest volcano on the island - the “piko” or center of the planet. "It's magical."
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Our trip to the Big Island was a special trip to celebrate life and a birthday. We did a lot from diving, snorkeling, helicopter etc. My daughter wanted to do an ATV tour which didn't sound to exciting, riding around in dust and dirt for hours. Just didn't sound to hot.

I WAS WRONG - We had a BLAST. This ATV tour and especially our guide Keli'i was FANTASTIC. Keli'i was attentive, safe, gave a great explanation of everything we saw and knew a ton of history of the island and the local area. He is very proud to be a local boy and graduated from the high school just down the road. He even recommended a fantastic place to eat and get local food.

Keli'i collected passion fruit, ginger, Macadamian nuts and guava for us to eat at the waterfall. My wife and kids swam at the waterfall too. They are tougher than I am. The water was in the very low 60's and they had a ball.

My kids were on 3-wheelers and my wife and I on a quad. It was great. Machines are well maintained, easy to drive (automatic transmission) and very, very comfortable.

I can not say enough about Keli'i. He was FANTASTIC. You can add any other advetives to that sentence because Keli'i made this ATV tour one of the supreme highlights of our entire Hawaii vacation.

Oh one more thing you must do. Say hi to Elmer the guard kitty, just don't wake him up from his slumber on the picnic table.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Outstanding adventure. We took the early (0730 in the morning) Delux 22 mile trip. Sounds like a long road trip, however, just the opposite. Our guides (CJ and Tricia?) were excellent and made sure we were safe and comfortable at all times. The first stop: a breath taking view of the North shore with big waves crashing on the shore. Very cool, especially, as our small group were the only ones there. Next we visited two waterfalls. Again, we enjoyed being the only ones there. At the last fall, there's swimming, however, we the view was enough for us. One nice touch: providing trash bags to protect our backpacks! Overall a great experience from the Aloha greeting in the parking lot, gearing up, and of course the ride. Highly recommned venturing North to the end of the road and ATV'ing

Reviewed 15 September 2013

It was a great trip! The guides Keli`i and Cameron were really good. Thank you!!! Mahalo from Larissa and Karl.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Kohala Ditch tour is a must. We learned so much history and had such a great time! Group of 7 which ranged from my 7 year old son to his grandparents. We all loved it. Free all you can eat Guavas and Lilikoli while you walk to the ditch tour was one of the highlights. Our tour guide was amazing unfortanetly I can't remember her name but her knowledge and welcoming attitude made the experience more enjoyable. My husband did get bit by a crawdaddy but no big deal, the trees, tunnels and the ditch itself were truly amazing.

We have gone on an ATV tour on Maui and it was quite comparable to the Kohala ATV. Everyone in Hawaii is very nice and friendly we haven't had one bad experience. A few of us dared to get into the very cold waterfall, if my 7 year old can do it so can you. If you book the ATV and ditch tour you get a 20% discount.

We will be back!!!!!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We have been to the big island a couple of times and wish that we had gone on a tour with ATV Outfitters before. As guides they were safety minded, professional, knowledgeable and FUN ! The trip is awesome from the ocean to the mountain sides and being able to actually swim in the pool at the base of the 80 foot spring water fall was chilling but great. 3 hours plus of great fun and you'll be proud of your well worn dusty look by the end of the ride.
This opinion is from a couple that love to travel and experience new things in life