“Fly With The Best!”

Big Island Eco Adventures II Zipline Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Kapaau
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience of a lifetime awaits you among some of the world’s most spectacular scenery – Zip with BIEA II through the unspoiled and breathtaking mountains and gulches of historic North Kohala... On your roughly three-hour guided adventure tour with Big Island Eco Adventures II, you’ll be soaring high above our lush North Kohala gulches on eight exhilarating runs crisscrossing tropical ravines. Summon your courage across our two-hundred foot suspension bridge hovering over a beautiful fern grotto. At our charming natural Mango Hut, enjoy locally-made light snacks and beverages before zipping right off our Hut platform! Finish the tour with unparalleled views of the Waianaia Gulch and the Pacific Ocean. You’ll learn about Hawaii’s natural and cultural history throughout your voyage, enriching your experience every step of the way with BIEA II.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Professional. Friendly. Entertaining. Educational. Positive.Just some of the ways I would describe the staff at BIEA in Kapaau. I am an experienced zipliner and let me tell you, these guys are top shelf. The front office handled details and made reservations and access simple and easy. Our guides, Ashley and Curtis, set the tone right away by interacting and connecting with each person as an individual. Being in a customer service business myself that caters to providing an experience and 'reading people', I felt I could discern what else was going on as these two went to work during the introductions. At the same time they they were greeting and connecting with each person in the group, they were adapting their style of interaction to each individual based on who might be timid or afraid or who might be bolder and more confident. They always kept it light and friendly. They were really smooth at even using humor and seemingly offhanded funny comments with a higher purpose of reinforcing safety. These guys were working seamlessly on multiple layers. the ride in the van was like a bonus adventure. clearly there is great warmth and affection between all the staff-lots of aloha! Even the short walks between the platforms were almost as entertaining as the ziplining moments. Curtis and Ashley made sure this was a multi-sensory experience by telling stories about the land, animals, and the plants and mixed in with history. They always created some form of interaction and involvement of the prticipants in a very natural way. They would snatch up a part of a plant on the trail for us to pass around and smell--cinnamon, eucalyptus, ginger, passion flowers. Beautiful aromas and views were everywhere. And then there was the flying! Always safe. I never felt frightened. Under Curtis and Ashley's encouragement and reliance, eevn The Fearful First-Times and The Fear of Heights folks were totally grinning from ear to ear after the first zipline or two. Thanks for bring on the beauty and wonder of flying over these amazing views on the Big Island! If your reading this, stop messin' around wondering if it will be OK--book these guys QUICK! You'll come home talking about it to all your friends as the highlight of your trip.

2  Thank CaminoCheri
in 5 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was truly one of the most enjoyable excursions my family experienced for the 14 days we were in Hawaii. We went to Kaui and Hawaii and the folks at BIEA were the absolute best. It began with the minute we walked in the door and were greeted with Aloha and our names. We did all the necessary paperwork and the chatted with the staff about alittle bit of everything. It was professional but had a wonderful one on one feel. Then Tony and Shane took over. We could not have asked for better guides. The taught us about the gear and safety and let us know they are there to make us have the time of our lives. While on the ride and between every zip lines Tony and Shane taught us about the island and Hawaii. We smelled fresh cinnamon,ginger and eucalyptus leaves and Tony and Shane told us about their families. The guys explained each zip line and how to be safe and have the most fun on all eight zip lines plus a suspension bridge. Every time we launched ourselves on the line they hooped and hollered and told us to yell and zip our worries away. We saw waterfalls, wild mongooses, lizards a hawk only found in Hawaii, areas where wild pigs had rooted and view of the ocean you can only appreciate 200 feet in the air over a canyon. One zip was over a quarter of mile long and all I can saw is I would like to do it everyday just to appreciate the beauty of earth. The scenery, the flora and the fun of the zip line was wonderful but how we were treated by Shane, Tony and the staff is what made the trip. We stopped midway and had fresh banana bread and cracked our own macadamia nuts grown all over the property. This is a must do on the big island. When you go ask for Shane and Tony. They will make you laugh and proudly teach about their home.

1  Thank JeffDVM
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was a great experience, from the start booking with Courtney was a an easy experience, even when we had to switch our start time. She made every effort to accommodate us. Curtis and Ashly were excellent guides, they were funny, and made every effort to connect with each member of our group. They took time to educate us about the islands nature, terrain and culture. I had an easy time trusting them which made it more fun to do, by the second line, I knew I could do this and would go again.

1  Thank Rentontmg
Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a great time! 8 ziplines with more in the works. Many of the lines were over 1000' in length! A 60' suspension bridge over a gorge with waterfalls added to the excitement. A light lunch in an amazing tree house was very cool! What made our excursion so much fun were are guides...Curtis and Makani! These two were a blast! They both imparted much knowledge about the geography, flora and fauna of the area and history. Their sense of humor, from the van trip up to the start of our excursion to unpacking our harnesses was non-stop and fantastic! I highly recommend these two young men! Make sure you walk around the small towns of Hawi and Kapaau when your finished "zipping"! Interesting stores and highly rated restaurants.

Spaz / Auntie / Juicy