Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia
Kohala Village Inn(Hawi)(Great Value!)
US$152
TripAdvisor
US$325
US$260
Orbitz.com
Hilton Waikoloa Village(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$348
Hotels.com
US$419
US$390
All reviewsinfinity poolyoga roomsushi rockmain buildingnorth kohala coastnicely appointed roomsbamboo restaurantoff gridoutdoor massagesecluded placesolar powerplantation stylefruits and vegetablesdietary restrictionsthe hotel sitstropical birdshot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I loved my stay here. I needed to get away from the stresses of daily life and found the perfect place. From the people to the food, locale to the spa and daily yoga, everything was top notch.
I really can't say enough good things. I have stayed at four seasons and other top resorts but I would choose this place over them hands down.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank njrudegirl
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Our stay for a wedding at this family-owned hotel/spa was wonderful. The main building resembles the Mediterranean style of architecture, with a spacious veranda overlooking the attractive open courtyard below. The owners are friendly, knowledgeable, interesting and accommodating. Emphasis is on organic living , including a garden on the premises maintained by owner and staff. The catered meals for the wedding reception were excellent. Rooms are lovely but lack air conditioning,although overhead fan provides some ventilation. Considering the remoteness of this hotel, some type of food and/or beverage service should be available on a regular basis, or at least a small refrigerator should be provided in the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sonjavdh
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I was a solo traveler seeking a healing spiritual retreat and was a bit nervous about it, but once I was greeted by the staff and settled in I knew I was in the right place. Everything, from the hotel, to the bountiful, beautiful food (grown on the grounds) to the meditation, yoga and spa services, is done with care and thoughtful joy. I loved every moment! And the location is stunning, a true feeling of the Hawaiian coast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I'm a travel writer and have been to the Big Island over 30 times in as many years. I've not stayed north of Kohala and finding this new oasis in Hawi was pure heaven. Run by one of the gurus of spa culture, she worked a miracle on a leg problem I had that defied doctors, osteopaths and a massage therapist here in Australia which gave me the mobility I'd lacked for three months.

That was the surprise of the holiday and it gave me the freedom to zip around the property which comprises a nine room main building, a small colony of yurts up the hill, yoga facility, organic garden and a special spiritual place down th hill in a clearing where King Kamehameha used to meet with elders. The cliffside views plunge to infinity as sea breezes course up the coast. A pine grove gives way to rainforest and the surroundings are spectacular yet soothing.

All this activity was fueled by an immense yet meticulously prepared breakfast which included a Mexican influence one day and a fruit filled extravaganza of homegrown delights the next with some of the best birchermuesli I've ever tasted. The room was superb, the bed cocooned me and all the amenities were spot on for comfort. THere is a media room for the TV addict and a plentiful library. You couldn't ask for better staff who advised me of restaurants I'd missed in my travels including Sushi Rock and Luke's Tiki Bar and Restaurant in addition to my fave Bamboo.

The only shortcoming was my timing, I had only two days but found that they were like a week of decompression condensed in a mesmerising environment and family feel, yet private and spiritual without being new age.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank trippsterSydney
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My husband and I were married at Hawaii Island Retreat last month, and we can't wait to go back for an aniversary. Every member of the staff is friendly and helpful; the rooms and grounds are beautiful; the spa treatments we enjoyed were top notch, and the ceremony was perfect. I don't think we could have found a better venue anywere.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple