“superb in many ways”

Ranked #12 of 53 Restaurants in Acitrezza
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We came here after an aquaintance suggested this place to me. I will be doing the same. Upon entering we were greeted and the waiter wasted no time in seeing that we had drinks on the table and later proceeded to take the order. He was very helpful and I went for the iconic Zuppa di Pesce. It is to die for. I will never again try this anywhere else as I am more than certain that this this is the perfection of fish soups. All the products of the sea were in this dish and I spent 45 minutes gradually eating the contents. It might seem a little pricey with a cover charge of €6 but it's worth every penny. A must to all fish lovers

1  Thank Mark W

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We visited Acitrezza for an evening and our local driver strongly recommended this place for dinner so we tried it. We went at 8 and were the first to arrive and had a great table outside but by 8:30 it was packed, inside and outside, with tourists and locals, and we can see why. The seafood was amazing-- huge variety in an interesting display (on ice) that the kids loved watching, as the waiters hand picked fresh seafood from the display for every order. I had the zuppa di pesce and it was a huge serving of a tremendous variety of fish and shellfish in a good tasting broth. My daughter does not like seafood and ordered a simple cutlet and that was good too (not always the case in places that specialize in seafood). Our driver explained that because Acitrezza has a large fish market, all the restaurants get their ingredients daily as the boats come in. There was a good selection of wines at reasonable prices and unlike other reviewers, we did not have any problems with the service at all- everyone was friendly and attentive, even when it got busy. It's worth a trip (including to see the village of Acitrezza, which was a huge social scene for the locals as the evening progressed).

1  Thank TCRH
Reviewed 30 April 2012

When our hotel called ahead and made this reservation, they must have said, "we're sending two tourists treat them like crap." They did. The food here is simple and good. I had the grilled swordfish which was as tasty and fresh as it gets. The waiter was condescending and not very helpful. Hey, I'm not such a demanding guy. Maybe he was distracted by trying to clean the stains off the customers white shirt he had spilled food on.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Our hotel recommended this place strongly. It is known for fresh seafood. We had crayfish cocktail that was fine although under about a gallon of sauce, but good. Our waiter refused to let us sit in a window table with a reservation, explaining that it was for 4. Okay,but as we sat at our table another couple came in without a reservation and were seated at that table.
We had swordfish that was the best I have ever eaten, grilled simply. Then the waiter completely ignored us for the rest of the evening. We are not demanding or rude, and in fact are usually treated well. We could not blame the crowd, as we watched rhe same waiter fawning over others. Maybe it was something we wore?

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I go to dine into this restaurant every time I pass by Acitrezza: the serve the best fish chowder I ever had. Wonderful local fish perfectly cooked, the wine list is not that great but you basically can find what you need. Quite expensive.

1  Thank francesco g