I've been using Trip Advisor so much to plan another trip that it was gnawing on me that I never left a raving review of this wonderful place where I stayed three years ago. We stayed here to be close to Tamarindo. Once we got to Tamarindo, we left after about an hour to leave the spring break vibe and go back to our own private beach at Junquillal. The hotel is wonderful. Each "room" is its own little house. The bedroom was very spacious with a king sized bed. The grounds were gorgeous and very well maintained. At night I just stood there and stared at the stars- beautiful! The beach right by the hotel was equally beautiful- and it was empty! A private slice of heaven. The owners were very kind, the food was good, and I was amazed by the quality for the price. This was, by far, my favorite hotel in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guacamaya is a friendly, feel-at-home haven of peaceful cabinas around a large pool overlooking the magic blue of the Pacific. The Bar and Restaurant also offer a luscious view of the beautiful manicured garden. Your peaceful relaxation will be ever so slightly "disturbed" only by a wonderful variety of tropical birds, our local group of monkeys from the mangroves or the pounding surf of Playa Junquillal.Your Swiss hosts, Bernie and Alice, welcome you in their native Swiss or fluent Spanish, English or German, or acceptable French, Italian or Portuguese. The brother and sister duo have designed an intimate atmosphere at the Guacamaya Lodge that allows their guests to get to know each other and the staff. The international clientele creates a unique opportunity to strike up new friendships in this tropical paradise, with guests from all over the world. Come join us for a taste of international cuisine, the magic of any kind of beach you desire, exploring an exotic wonderland of birds, animals, exotic tropical plants, or adventuring beneath the sea Enjoy international gourmet cuisine with a specialty in Swiss culinary delights, or bring home your own catch of the day and have it prepared a variety of wonderful ways. In the Rancho Bar, you can enjoy your favorite cocktail or cool "cerveza" while you brag about the day's activities.STANDARD CABINASGuacamaya Lodge has six well-kept cabinas with individual bathrooms surrounding a large pool (AC) STUDIO APARTMENTS Guacamaya Lodge offers four studio apartments including a full stove and refrigerator kitchenette with a wonderful ocean view from the kitchen, living room and deck. (AC)VILLA ESTHERTwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC)CASA MARGARITATwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Guacamaya Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guacamaya Hotel Playa Junquillal
- Guacamaya Lodge Costa Rica/Playa Junquillal