“WORST B&B IVE EVER STAYED IN”
Review of Arawa B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxted
Arawa B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Oxted B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed in this bed and breakfast with my husband because our friends were getting married locally.
The gentleman who owns this bed and breakfast is very brash and doesn't have very good people skills.
The room is very dated and needed completely redecorating. The family room that we stayed in was so small that my husband could lay in bed and touch his toes on the window frame. He was not amused! The mattress had springs that just dug in to your back. The only good point I would say is that the room was clean.
And then..BREAKFAST the next morning. If you are vegetarian then DONT even bother coming here. You are served a help yourself all meat breakfast. you are not asked what you would like or how you would like certain things cooked. No option for toast, its just fried bread. It is just put in front of you like a heart attack on a plate.
I can honestly say, that this is the first bad review I have ever put on Tripadvisor, but my reason for doing this is because I felt like id been robbed of £80 for staying here for one night. VERY over priced and will definitely not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amyl0u87

Reviewed 2 May 2013

David the host is a very nice person and the breakfast is really first class (and we are foodies). The house is on a nice street and the garden is lovely. However, the room and furnishings have seen better days. The room is too small for the small double bed - which needs a new mattress, the decor is tired as are the furnishings, and the ensuite needs attention all round. The towels are hard and as there is no dryer, no prospect of this changing. I applaud the Eco credentials but paying for a night away, there are certain basic expectations. One last thing, the chiming clock really disturbed us. David, I hope you read these reviews as with just some small changes the comments will be far more favourable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2013

my boss found this on the web and was greeted with a few biscuits and a coffee on my arrival, sitting in the garden with pleasant views...can't fault it, stopped in a twin room with work and was looked after and the hosts cannot do enough for you. the full breakfast in the morning is a must eat too. thanks again from the brick tinters

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This was a stop-over on the way out to Flatford Mill & again on the way back home. David was kind & interested in our trip & checked possible hold-ups on the road both ways. Couldn't ask for a more helpful & thoughtful host. The room was a little small but with a fine view over his lovely garden. All facilities were very clean. The breakfast was generous for large appetites but David also caters well for small appetites - whatever suites you. Moffers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I recently had family visiting from abroad - I hadn't seen them for 10 years and not being able to accommodate them we booked Arawa, never again !

No hot water for bathing / showering, poor facilities ( family room) and an over attentive host !

On feedback from my family I think that this B&B is way over due an update. sadly would not recommend them at all.

Room Tip: None to add, sadly !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley H
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We were very disappointed we found the room too small, the shower did not work properly and we feel the room was overpriced for what it was, but options in this area are limited. The breakfast was fine except for being a little greasy.

Room Tip: Try and find a different one!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2012

David, the proprietor, was welcoming and breakfast was very good. Enjoyed a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Arawa B&B? Share your experiences!