“Sofas and small rooms”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Oxted
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have visited with, and without kids now.

Easy booking system and the Everyman refurbishment is done well. I loved the old Oxted cinema before with its faded grandeur and red velvet so felt sad to lose that but the reconfiguration works really well and we love the sofas. The cinema rooms themselves are small. I miss the spaciousness..

Food wise, good short menu and our Burgers were fine, my kids love the milkshakes.

It's expensive but feels like a treat.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"screen"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this cinema for the first time last night. The cinema its self was great and very comfortable, however the drinks prices are way too high. We payed £18.00 for 2 glasses of wine the same price as a cocktail which wasn't very impressive at all at that price point.

2  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 28 May 2018

A long and busy bar with no obvious place to wait to be served, staffed, on a busy bank holiday Sunday, by too few people. As a long standing viewer of Everyman, Reigate, I expected similar friendly and efficient service. On the way to Screen 3, I passed the kitchen area, where an angry chef was loudly reprimanding a junior member of staff, which was not pleasant to witness.
Five minutes past the time when the showing was scheduled to begin, the door remained shut until someone hastily cleared up and scuttled off with a muttered instruction to go in. I’m used to being welcomed at Reigate at the door to the screen and being asked if i’m OK with finding my seat.
I had only visited Oxted because the film I wanted to see was not on more locally. I was also curious to see how the refurbishment at Oxted had turned out.
There was no sign of a manager or anyone even vaguely in charge to direct the young staff and as a result it was fairly chaotic.
I hope things improve if I venture to Oxted again as this experience marrs the Everyman name.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This place is just so pleasantly different from any other cinema I have been to. Olde worlde exterior. Friendly,informal, with café/restaurant. Comfy seats, and we were the only ones there. We could even talk, if we wanted, but wouldn't. A good experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I usually have a stroll through Oxsted high street and had noticed that the old cinema had been closed for a while whilst being refurbished. This Saturday the Everyman Cinema was reopened so we decided to pop in for drink and some food.

The place looks amazing and the decor around the bar areas and grill look old really well thought out. We both commented that it would be a great place for drinks before going onto a restaurant.

The drinks were good and we opted for the basic cheeseburger and chips whilst my wife had a special burger.

The food was great, well presented and fresh. What a nice surprise this cinema is even if you just fancy a few drinks and some good food without seeing a film.

Great spot and friendly staff.

1  Thank Delvaux0211