“The Oxted Inn ”

Cuisines: American, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found the staff very pleasant. The atmosphere was nice and chilled and I thoroughly enjoyed the food. Will be back soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After many visited to spoons, I have finally had enough with the rudeness of one particular member of staff. I am unsure on her name, however she is older with glasses. Her rude and aggressive tone needs to be addressed as it has now reached the point where i no longer want to return to the pub. I want to discover the name of this ill mannered women. The pub DESPERATELY need to reconsider her position as a member a staff. I stress that this situation has occurred a NUMEROUS times and this is the reason I have taken to Trip Advisor to address the issue at hand. She made me and my 2 children feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome and her customer service was appalling. The pubs management needs to sort this out.

1  Thank SamanthaJohnson445
OxtedInn, Manager at The Oxted Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Evening Samantha,

first of all I would like to apologize for the poor service you encountered on your visit to us, the person in question will be dealt with accordingly and would be thankful if you was to give us one more try with a complimentary meal, please come in and speak to the manager on duty and we will have that arranged for you. apologies again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

the older women wearing glasses is the rudest women i have ever had to encounter. her ill mannered behaviour is disgusting and so disrespectful and weatherspoons should strongly consider firing her. all the other staff are very pleasant however this certain member of staff’s attitude towards the costumers is awful. i think weatherspoons should strongly consider their staffing. i won’t be going in there again

1  Thank Faye E

Good Evening Faye,

I'm very sorry to hear about this, this isn't what sort of service I am for my staff to provide, the staff have all been spoken and I can only apologize for the way you have been treated on this occasion. please would you consider coming in for a complimentary meal with us to put things right. if you agree simply pop into the pub and ask to speak to the Manager who will happily assist you in sorting the complimentary meal out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went in for breakfast, got told I could not order a breakfast unless I have ID. I have been going to spoons for years, and have never once been asked. Majority of the staff will know I’m over 18 because of how frequent I go in there, however I understand that is the rule. The way I got told was aggressive and rude, almost as if we were unwelcome in there, made us feel extremely awkward and not keen on going back in there. This staffing issue needs to be addressed as this isn’t the first time I’ve been faced with poor customer service and rude staff.

3  Thank katrinajones27

Good Evening katrinajones27

I would like to apologize for the way you was treated on your visit with us, the way you was dealt with does sound completely wrong, as a pub I strive for all my staff to deliver the best customer skills possible and on this occasion we have most definitely let you down. Please come in to the Pub and speak to the Manager on duty who will happily assist in a complimentary meal to show our way of saying sorry.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Visited for a pint & a half one morning recently in my quest to complete every Wetherspoon & what a really nice pub with good clientele. Special thanks to Millie who served me & who was interested in my challenge to visit every one! Right outside station all in all very impressed with this one out of the 631 I’ve been to!