“Great Seafood at Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Mare

Il Mare
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Porto Torres
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ristorante Il Mare. Specialità marinare in Porto Torres. Il ristorante, aperto nell'ottobre 2010, è specializzato in piatti completamente a base di pesce. La nostra specialità sono gli antipasti di cui ogni giorno, a pranzo e a cena, viene offerta un'ampia selezione sempre differente. Una scelta varia in grado di soddisfare anche i palati più esigenti.E poi perché non proseguire la degustazione con una bella zuppa di pesce cucinata appositamente per voi da Celina, la nostra meravigliosa cuoca? Sei in ferie? Completa la vacanza al mare consumando un gustoso pranzetto a base di pesce sulla nostra splendida veranda. Menù fisso da 25 a 40 euro.Vieni a trovarci. Siamo a Porto Torres, in via Galilei, 28 (zona porto - lungomare).
Shanghai, China
“Great Seafood at Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Came here for lunch in first week of July as it was just around the corner from our Bnb. Ordered Risotto Pescatore and Bavette Fantasia (shrimp & octopus). The risotto took longer to prepare and the owner came to advise us in advance. Both dishes were great and very tasty. Recommended!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Ballymena
“A First Rate Seafood Restaurant Close to the Port”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

The whole meal was exquisite but what still sticks in my memory 3 months later was the wonderful selction of starters (antipasti). I didn't know which one to choose so the very helpful waitress suggested that I opt for the selection of 5 small starters. Well, they were anything but small portions and I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to manage my main course of grilled calamari! I particularly liked the mussels with fresh orange juice.

Be prepared to wait for your meal, though, because every dish is prepared fresh for every client. As someone else has said, it is unusual to find a restaurant in Sardinia, especially a family owned one, where English is spoken. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The best and freshest seafood I have ever come across”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I was born and grew up in Sardinia so I know my seafood, and this is the best I have ever had. I had the muscles for antipasto followed by pasta with cockles/baby clams and the tuna steak. The flavours were just exploding through. I was in heaven :)

This place does not serve regular meat of pasta dishes with meat. If you want to eat meat though, just let them know when you make a reservation and they will be happy to oblige and order in meat for you. Service was great and you are made to feel welcome. They speak a little English and were very helpful in recommending places to visit near the town and even had maps and brochures in English which they gave us.

Bottom line, if you are passing through Porto Torres on your visit to Sardinia, make sure you eat here. I will be going back before I leave on Thursday! Delizioso!

1 Thank Kathleen H
Oudenaarde, Belgium
“Friendly waitress, even during the busy carnaval”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

As other reviewers already mentioned, food is great and the fish is extremely fresh. Apart from that, we received an excellent service:

We were in Porto Torres during the carnaval, it was very busy, and a lot of restaurants were full. This one was too, but the waitress saw that we were very hungry (and a little desperate, it was 10.30 pm and a pregnant friend of mine fainted in front of the restaurant). The waitress convinced the owner to let us in and brought a coke and some bread for my friend.

Moreover, her English was very good (rare in Sardinia), and she helped us translating some parts of the menu that we could not understand.

We could not have found a better place to finish our evening in Porto Torres.

• Visited August 2012
Ghent, Belgium
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful vegetarian dinner at Il Mare's. The service was outstanding and the food was the best Italian I have had in a very long time. I really enjoyed every part of the meal and would highly recommend Il Mare's to anyone who is looking for truly outstanding Italian vegetarian food.

• Visited July 2012