“Absolutely fine food!!”
Review of Il Mare

Il Mare
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Porto Torres
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ristorante Il Mare. Specialità marinare in Porto Torres. Il ristorante, aperto nell'ottobre 2010, è specializzato in piatti completamente a base di pesce. La nostra specialità sono gli antipasti di cui ogni giorno, a pranzo e a cena, viene offerta un'ampia selezione sempre differente. Una scelta varia in grado di soddisfare anche i palati più esigenti.E poi perché non proseguire la degustazione con una bella zuppa di pesce cucinata appositamente per voi da Celina, la nostra meravigliosa cuoca? Sei in ferie? Completa la vacanza al mare consumando un gustoso pranzetto a base di pesce sulla nostra splendida veranda. Menù fisso da 25 a 40 euro.Vieni a trovarci. Siamo a Porto Torres, in via Galilei, 28 (zona porto - lungomare).
Stuttgart, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fine food!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We lunched at Il Mare during a road trip through Sardinia. We ordered the mixed variety of appetizers; a mix of absolutely fresh seafood cooked divinely. The main course of seafood pasta was probably the best I have ever eaten. Service was also impeccable and timeous.
If you are in this corner of Sardinia, a stop at this gem of a restaurant is highly recommended!!

1 Thank ngrsan001

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great experience, unfortunately a bit too salty for our taste”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Very nice restaurant, and although it´s next to a small street, it´s not loud there (we visited on a friday night, past 10 pm).

No english menu, and the waitress didn´t speak english either, so be prepared to have your best italian brushed up ;-)

The 5 appetizers were great - and enough for 2, 5 plates for 12 Euros!
We had a hard time finishing the great seafood pasta we had afterwards.

The white house wine was also very good, the only complaint we had is that every single dish was too salty (and we´re really not picky when it comes to spices and salt in general).

• Visited July 2013
Shanghai, China
“Great Seafood at Great Value”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Came here for lunch in first week of July as it was just around the corner from our Bnb. Ordered Risotto Pescatore and Bavette Fantasia (shrimp & octopus). The risotto took longer to prepare and the owner came to advise us in advance. Both dishes were great and very tasty. Recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Ballymena
“A First Rate Seafood Restaurant Close to the Port”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The whole meal was exquisite but what still sticks in my memory 3 months later was the wonderful selction of starters (antipasti). I didn't know which one to choose so the very helpful waitress suggested that I opt for the selection of 5 small starters. Well, they were anything but small portions and I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to manage my main course of grilled calamari! I particularly liked the mussels with fresh orange juice.

Be prepared to wait for your meal, though, because every dish is prepared fresh for every client. As someone else has said, it is unusual to find a restaurant in Sardinia, especially a family owned one, where English is spoken. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
“The best and freshest seafood I have ever come across”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I was born and grew up in Sardinia so I know my seafood, and this is the best I have ever had. I had the muscles for antipasto followed by pasta with cockles/baby clams and the tuna steak. The flavours were just exploding through. I was in heaven :)

This place does not serve regular meat of pasta dishes with meat. If you want to eat meat though, just let them know when you make a reservation and they will be happy to oblige and order in meat for you. Service was great and you are made to feel welcome. They speak a little English and were very helpful in recommending places to visit near the town and even had maps and brochures in English which they gave us.

Bottom line, if you are passing through Porto Torres on your visit to Sardinia, make sure you eat here. I will be going back before I leave on Thursday! Delizioso!

1 Thank Kathleen H