“One of my favourite places”
Review of Zest Cafe

Zest Cafe
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Clane
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Zest is a well renowned local eatery, open early in the morning right throughout the day until late evening.
gorgeousgussie
“One of my favourite places”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Hidden in behind the aib and extra vision off Clanes main street , is this lovely restaurant. I'd nearly rather not mention it as it is so lovely, but it deserves to be raved about. I have always had exceptional good service, delicious good food and reasons to want to return here again and again, when the budget allows. Suitable for a dinner for two or big family meal try the lunch menu great good value. Enough said.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sligo, Ireland
“Excellent food, and glad to accomadate dietary requirements”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I came accross Zest Cafe while driving Home from Carlow to Sligo. I searched the internet for Coeliac friendly restaurants along my route, and I'm very glad I picked Zest. I have to say I was a little embarrassed that I was wearing my work clothes, but I was made feel very welcome.

Having an intolerance to Wheat and Dairy finding places that dont make a big deal of it is very difficult, but the Zest team were very helpful and I never got the impression that I was being an inconvinience, as can very often be the case in other places.

I had a Chorizo and Macadamia nut salad to start and Chargrilled Pork fillet as a main. Both of which were very nice and seasoned very well. I thought that the prices were less then what you would expect for the quality of the food.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SligoBob
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“It truly is an oasis in the Desert”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We came across Zest by pure chance. Staying at nearby Westgrove we had 2 nights in Clane. The first night we were starving and quickly descended on the Indian as you cant really go wrong with an Indian esp at 35 Euros for 2 including wine. On our final night we wanted something more upmarket. Unfortunately, the so called "fine dining" establishments we looked at in Clane were decidedly un fine dining and horrendously expensive (the prices in Lemon grass were a joke). We saw Zest cafe at the end of a side street and thought that it was just a Cafe (as in daytime Cafe) and not a "proper" restaurant and in any case it didnt appear open. But desperate, we wandered down to check it out. And so glad we did. A real gem is how i would describe it.

Starters of Grilled goats cheese/Crabcakes were delicious (although maybe a different bread other than ciabatta as it refused attempts to be easily cut). Whenever we see Skate wings, anywhere, we just have to have it so when it was on the Specials board it was a no-brainer to have it and it was just heavenly. As was the rib-eye steak, one of the best steaks ever to pass my lips (even better than a gorgeous fillet i had at the Westgrove Castle hotel a few nights earlier).

Finally, easily the best Bread & Butter pudding i have ever eaten - just perfect.

So if you are in Clane, like great food, much better (and cheaper) than the competition, you HAVE to go to Zest.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 2016-Paul
Dublin, Ireland
“Oasis in the Desert”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Happened upon this place last year while staying in The Westgrove Hotel and what a find !
It caterered for all from the oldest to the youngest, our group ranged in age from 70 years - a 1 year old. Colouring pages and crayons were provided for our younger group members, while a member of staff advised us on our choice of wine. The staff were so friendly caterering to our every need and the food was delicious ! It has a very warm and laid back atmosphere. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2011
, Manager at Zest Cafe, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Hi Trisha,
Just a quick note to thank you for your kind review, the staff are always delighted to hear positive feedback. We hope to see you and your family again at Zest.

Kind Regards,
The Zest team
Clane, Ireland
“Nice enough”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is a lovely little restaurant in the heart of Clane. Not really suitable for buggies as I discovered when I wheeled our baby in as the tables are close together. The food is good though not varied and the menu doesnt change much. The few times Ive been we've had to pay extra for veg etc which I think is a bit cheeky in this day and age.

• Visited February 2012
, Manager at Zest Cafe, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Hi There,
Just a quick thanks for your review. We are a little tight on space but we are always happy to accomodate buggies in as much as we can. Don't be shy to ask for any assistance in future, we will be more than happy to help. Thanks again for the feedback.

Kind Regards,