“Our Amazing Wedding Venue”

Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
dublin ireland
“Our Amazing Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Myself & my husband held our wedding celebrations here over the weekend of 21st February and I have to say all of the staff from those on the reception desk, during the wedding reception, in the various bars we were in over the weekend and Assagio's restaurant could not have done any more for us during our stay.

The wedding co-ordinator Helen (and Nicola while Helen was off) was amazing to deal with, nothing we suggested was too much trouble & we are eternally grateful to her for this. We only met Bonnie on the day of the wedding but she looked after everything for us for the whole weekend & couldn't have been more accommodating, including picking up handbags, bouquets, bathroom baskets, table plans and various other bits & pieces I left scattered around the hotel over the weekend and safely handing them all back to me before we left.

We had a meal in the restaurant on the 2nd night and we'd booked for 25 people and over 40 people turned up but Harsh just took it in his stride & sorted everybody out with a seat in an already busy restaurant & the service was brilliant for our big group.

The food at the wedding & for the meal on the Saturday was delicious. Our compliments to the chef & his staff.

We have had many great reports back from our guests about various aspects of the weekend & we were delighted to hear everybody really enjoyed themselves.

I couldn't recommend the hotel & staff highly enough & if you choose to hold your wedding here you will not be disappointed. We were treated like royalty for the whole weekend and they even threw in a few surprises for us on the day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Bride and Groom (Sorry not allowed to use names Trip Adviser Rules! )
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your wedding day with others. I am delighted that your day went the way you envisaged and that you enjoyed the few surprises. Thank you for mentioning Helen, Nicola, Bonnie and Harsh, they will be delighted to receive your praise.
The Team and I wish you both every happiness in your lives together and we hope you will return on your first wedding anniversary if not before to further enjoy all that the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa have to offer.
Jerry Russell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel in general was lovely - pool, sauna, etc.fantastic. We went to the Assagio Restaurant in the hotel on a Sunday evening. There were only three couples there. It took over 40 minutes for the starters to come out - a salad and foccacio bread starter. The bread basket which everyone else got never came. In the interim, my husband had to go to the bar to get a drink because no one came to the table. When the main course came, it was a little overcooked and the potatoes were cold. It was my husbands 50th birthday - food was not up to standard.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your dining experience in Assaggio.. Please contact me directly and we can discuss what happened. My contact details are jerryrussell@westgrovehotel.com
County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the west grove hotel on the 21st of march. On arrival I was pleased with the overall look of the hotel very modern and friendly atmosphere! But from the check in my stay went down hill I'm afraid.
Got up to the room was really pleased with the size of the room but after about 30 mins myself and my partner were freezing so we rang down to the reception to ask could the heat be turned on, the girl said ye no problem! An hour passed still no heat, rang down the girl again she assured us the heat was been turned on so we accepted that! More time passed still freezing so rang for the third time and a nice man was sent up. He fixed the radiator with a screw driver! We were delighted then so we went down and enjoyed the spa and went for dinner!
Then after few drinks we arrived bak to the room after 12 room was lovely and warm. The room had got so warm through the night that we both woke up around 4am in a sweat! It was like a sauna we couldn't stick it was no way to turn it down so again for the 4th time we rang down and the night porter came up and fixed it! We got to sleep properly after 6 nearer to 7am. We woke at 1030 exhausted and to our horror the heat was back on hotter than ever. We went down for breakfast to get out of the room and we were 5 minutes late and the waitress wouldn't serve us after we had paid for within the package we got.
We were so disappointed we went back to the room and again couldn't stick the heat so we packed up and checked out early. On checking out I brought it to the attention of the girl on reception although she listened and another woman was there not even an apology was given. We left the hotel exhausted and didn't even get breakfast. I would never stay in this hotel after this. Nice hotel but our experience was such a let down.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to go on Trip Advisor and review your stay. I am sorry that the heating valve did not work on the radiator in your bedroom. Thank you for telling us about this issue as we have now resolved the matter for future guests. I am sorry you were not able to avail of your breakfast as you did not wake till 10.30am and breakfast finishes at this time. I hope you enjoyed your dining experience in Assaggio and also your time spent in Spa Haven .If you would like to discuss the service issues further please contact me directly and I would be delighted to do something for you.
kildare
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Went to the westgrove hotel on St Patrick's day it was very busy they had carvery going but we decided to wait 30 mins for the early bird menu three courses for 20euro each so we reserved a table at 5pm we were greated by a lovely young man named David the service and quality was amazing ,for such a busy day we got great service ,David is a credit to the hotel wonderful customer service ,will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor.I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Assaggio and that you found you received good value from our earlybird menu. Thank you for mentioning David by name he will be delighted to receive your praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to Assaggio in the near future.
Kilcock, Ireland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception in this lovely hotel on 15th Feb. 2014. We couldn't have asked for a better venue. From the very beginning the staff were extremely helpful. A special thank you must be given to Nicola Flynn our wedding co-ordinator, who couldnt have done enough for us. She made the organisation of our big day hassle free. The manager Gerry gave us a very warm welcome on arrival at the hotel and Bonnie ensured the whole night ran smoothly. Our guests were raving about how delicious the food was - so a big thank you to the chef! Our bridal suite was top class and overall we had a perfect day. Thanks again to all the staff who helped to make our wedding day very special. We look forward to visiting you soon.
Louise and Neil

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Bride and Groom, (sorry not allowed to use your names Trip Advisor Rules! )
Congratulations to you both again.
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor about your big day. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Wedding Reception at the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and that it was everything you both wanted it to be. Every wedding we do is unique and every couple have their own ideas. We were just honoured to be able to look after you and all your wonderful guests. Nicola, Bonnie and Chef and all the team are so happy to receive your praise. We wish you many years of happiness together and we do hope you will come back and visit us frequently.
Dublin
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review a few weeks ago titled "Noisy Rooms". I was asked by the manager to contact him to see if anything could be done. No satisfactory solution was reached. Another manager who was in contact with my sister was not impressed by a review being placed on Tripadvisor. It goes to show the standard of care and appreciation shown by this hotel.
One of the issues I spoke to the manager about was the fact that we originally booked 2 twin rooms and when we had to be moved the second night we were all put into an apartment, 4 of us sharing one room. When I quoted the price of the apartment(quoted on website and by reception)compared to the twin room price the manager stated this price was not correct, although this is the quote I received. Strange.
I could not possible recommend this hotel, mainly due to the treatment we received by some staff members.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank DeeSteve
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed here for one night after buying overnight discount deal, 2 adults, 1 child and 1 baby. We paid a bit extra and got an apartment - it was a lovely spacious room with seperate living room, kitchen and bed - this is ideal for families and I would recommend this room type. The kids both loved the swimming pool and there is a kids playroom on 2nd floor which our 3 year old also loved (would have stayed there all day on the bouncy castle if we let him!). We had dinner in the Assagio restaurant - the early bird meal is really good value and we paid a supplement to get the fillet beef which I would recommend - very tasty and staff were very helpful.Breakfast was good but I would recommend getting there before 10.30am (finishes at 11am) as some items were all gone i,e, pastries (I like to have one of these with my tea after breakfast) by the time we had our hot breakfast. Overall we enjoyed our short break and I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family break.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to go online and give us your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your family trip away and that our apartment type rooms suited your needs. I am glad to hear that your children enjoyed our Leisure Club and your little boy enjoyed the Kids Club. Thank you for recommending our hotel and I do hope you will return again soon and explore all that County Kildare has to offer.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!