“golfing holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
wales
“golfing holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

the holiday didn't start very well when there was a mix up regarding rooms. we had requested 4 single rooms and 2 double rooms, and on our arrival we found that we had been allocated 4 double rooms, which meant that one lucky person got to get the double bed, and the unlucky one got the childs bed. we were there for 5 nights, and it took 3 nights before the matter was resolved and we all got the rooms that we wanted. the bar staff and restaurant staff were very friendly, the food was excellent. we all stayed here last year for the big golf event, and everything went smoothly, so I presume that this years hiccup regarding rooms was just a blip. will be back again next year for the tournament so we hope that there are no more hiccups.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry there was a mix up in your room types. Please be assured that this will not happened again. It was great to welcome your group back for another year and I hope you enjoyed your stay. We had Ross in our bar especially on for you and we know you all love your golf.
Thank you for returning to the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and we look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you for your business it is very much appreciated.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

stayed here on a cheapie break, hotel nice, rooms fine, good car parking. The breakfast was very tasty with a good juice, cereal,fruit,bread selection and a decent fry up. The bar is pleasant and the staff are friendly. I had booked 2 rooms, one was a standard double but the other room had a double bed and 2 single beds all in a row with bedside tables between them but the best bit was the balcony which was about 12ft wide. Admittedly the view was of the back yard but on a warm night its nice to be able to get some air.

Room Tip: room 122 has the big balcony but other rooms have little ones,just ask when booking
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on trip advisor. I am delighted that you found that we offered value for money and that you enjoyed your break away.
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and I do hope you will return to us again in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here last weekend for a night. Hotel was bigger than I expected and had alot of facilities within it but the bedrooms were so so basic. Could not class this as a 4* hotel based on this. Girl at reception was extremely grumpy. No smile or welcome (also found the girl very unfriendly who answered the phone when I originally booked). We were given room 301 on arival which seemed fine (basic but fine) until we heard the vending machine outside the door. There was a constant drone coming from it so we asked to change rooms as we knew this would keep us awake that night. The only other room room available at the time was 225 which was pretty much like a cave. No natural light at all coming in as it had the smallest window I have ever seen in a hotel. We had no choice but to take it as it was better than listeing to the noise of the vending machine. The girl at reception failed to mention though that this was a family floor so later on all we heard was kids running up and down the hall and crying. Not a very pleasant stay.

We did attend the Spa on the first day for treatments and I couldnt fault this. The spa itself was very nice and my therapist was lovely and friendly. Had a really enjoyable few hours there and they had lovely little touches like after my massage she heated my slippers before putting them on my feet etc. Really pleasant.

We just eat in the bar that night and were really happy with the food. Very good service and staff were lovely and friendly. Bar is very large and comfortable. There was music on that night so we stayed there.

Overall it was a nice stay but the rooms need upgrading and reception staff need retraining. It wouldnt kill them to smile.....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry you were disturbed by a vending machine on our 3rd floor. This machine has now been changed and was temporarily in that position so to repair a wall behind the machine. Thank you for praising our Spa Haven, Seanna and her team will be delighted to receive your comments. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and the service in the Oak Bar. I am sorry our receptionist was not more friendly to you I will certainly take your comments on board. Our maintenance team are continuously redecorating our bedrooms so they are compliant with a 4 star standard. They are presently working through our second floor.
I thank you for your comments and I do hope you will return to us again for a short break away.
Quigley's Point, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Check in was not too bad although we did have to ask about breakfast times and where will it be served

Went to our room and noticed the toilet seat was broken we reported this to reception but they didn't seem bothered and no one came to our room to repair it

Tea coffee milk buscuits in the room were not replenished so the 2nd day we couldn't have a cup of tea in our room

Arrived for breakfast no one said good morning they just said room number really rude and ignorant, I asked if I could have my egg either turned over or broken the chef didn't understand what I meant !! when we left no one said goodbye it seemed that the staff hated their job

Check out no smile no did you enjoy your stay will defiantly not stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on trip advisor. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We certainly should have informed you on the times for breakfast and the location of where it was been served. I am sorry your toilet seat was not fixed during your stay and that your tea and coffee making facility was not replenished during your stay. It is most disappointing that you thought our staff hated their jobs.
It seems that we performed very poorly during your stay and I am disappointed you would not choose to stay here again.
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and If I can do anything for you please contact me personally.
Jerry Russell.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with my young daughter. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great - lots of choice. My daughter loved the kids club and especially Emma the girl running it. She was fantastic!

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your break away. Emma in our Kids Club will be so happy to receive your praise. Thank you for complimenting our standard in housekeeping and our breakfast.
I do hope you will return for another short break away in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My experience here with my family was that of a helpful genuine staff who helped make my stay a memorable one the Assaggio restaurant within the hotel was fab the staff were so helpful and talkative it was just fab food was supreme and so nicely presented well done job all round

1 Thank Patrick D
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for giving us such a lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your break away and that Assaggio Restaurant was to your liking. It lovely to hear that you thought our staff were genuine and helpful and made your family break away memorable. This is always our aim but we don't always get it right.
I hope you will return to us again and avail of another short break away.
louth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Used a pigs back voucher and stayed with partner and 2 kids during the easter holidays for 1 night. Room was a good size and Internet connection was the best we've ever had in any hotel ! Swimming pool is nice but some small maintenance jobs on the tiling around the jacuzzi and other areas would make a big difference as it makes the area look unhygienic. Kids club was good but maybe provide apron s for the kids when painting? Also the play room needs a bit of tlc, equipment and room itself looking a bit tired. Overall would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again if the deal is repeated on pigsback. Ps as I think I mentioned in a previous review, the blue tiling that juts out at the end of the pool ( bubble end) is extremely dangerous. You can't see it until you are on top of it or already crashed into it, as it's immersed in the water. I also mentioned this checking out the last time we stayed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found us value for money. Thank you for your comments over our submerged features in our pool. We will reassess our risk in our design in our pool and see what we can do. Your idea over providing kids with aprons while painting we will do straight away. Thank you for your advice and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!