“Enjoyable night away!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
Dublin, Ireland
“Enjoyable night away!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Myself, husband and two kids stayed at this hotel last Sunday, got a good deal on pigsback. Its our second time staying here and it didnt disapoint. Check in was quick and girls on desk were lovely, nice and friendly. I really cant understand how a reviewer said it wasnt a child friendly hotel because the girls that worked in the hotel were really nice to my kids, and that was from the girls on reception to waitress in restaurant and in the leisure facilities!! I would take that review with a pinch of salt!! Room was big and spotless clean. Leisure facilites were v.good, clean changing rooms and nice warm showers. Breakfast was really nice, plenty of everything, we got down slightly late, but all food was constantly being replenished which was good. I often find if you arrive down near to the finishing time in some hotels you get what is left and its just tough luck. Breakfast was very tasty and really good selection of cakes and fruits. Its in good location too, 5 minutes walk to Clane. Kids club wasnt running but there was a nice playroom which we were allowed use and the kids were happy to play there for a while. Didnt get to try restaurant for dinner so cant comment but will definately go back again and maybe stay more than just one night!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dublingirl71
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted that you are a return customer and that you found the Hotel great for a family night away. Thank you for complimenting our staff, our leisure club and our breakfast offering.
I do hope we encourage you to return again and enjoy all that County Kildare has to offer.
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome your family again.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Myself, my Wife and our 2 small Girls stayed here in mid June. A great hotel located near The Buttetfly Farm amd Kildare Village. The Curragh Racecourse and Goffs only a few minutes Drive away. We stayed here on our way to Tayto park which was 30 mins away.

The Hotel is clean and Tidy. The food was good and reasonably priced. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped.

If I was to complain at all about the place the only thing I can think of which was a talking point was the Restaraunt Manager. She was foreign with Black hair...cant think of her name....but we found her to be abrupt, no smile and rolled her eyes when we asked for more time to look at the menu.

Other than that Big Thumbs up.
Oh and we are very sorry for jumping on the beds. We do it everywhere we go.
Still havent grown up. Lol.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bigbasstone
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your family stay and found easy access to some of Kildare's great attractions. I am very sorry the restaurant supervisor was rude to you. Please note that this issue will be dealt with. I am delighted you jumped on the beds and had fun. Family holidays are all about memories and having fun. I do hop we encourage you to return to the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa and experience more of the wonderful family things to do in County Kildare.
Thank you for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Brilliant location. We booked this hotel with a pigsback promotion and had a fantastic night away. Great swimming pool, complimentary drinks, lovely breakfast.
Family room was a good size, 1double bed and 2 singles all fitted comfortably into the room.
We didn't want to leave. Staff were so nice and helpful.
I would really recommend this hotel for a family break.
Brilliant playground across the road too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rainbow1999
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your break away with your family. Thank you for the compliments you gave us. I am glad you found the beautiful and well kept kids playground in Clane Village. I do hope we encourage you to return to us in the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa in the future. Thank you for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again.
General Manager .
County Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We overnighted at the Westgrove on our way down to West Cork and though we did not have great expectations we had a really wonderful stay and it ticked all our boxes and more. Just 35 minutes outside Dublin it affords the traveler a great headstart when on a longer jaunt down to Cork or Kerry and we would certainly think of doing this again if we could get a fabulous deal on it as we did in this case.

There was plenty of free parking and good set down area to unload bags etc and the added convenience of being in the same complex as a shopping centre though it does not encroach at all on the hotel.

Our room was lovely. Super clean, fresh, modern with double doors out to a balcony which was a Godsend as in the middle of Irieland's recent heatwave where that day it was said to be 29 degrees! Our bed was king sized and super comfy, wifi was fast and free and there was a good sized flat screen tv.

We went down to the bar to watch the Brazil v Mexico match on the big screen and got the most FABULOUS pint of Guinness from the very charming and welcoming barman. It was simply the best pint ever and though the barman was very modest about it we will definitely making a point of revisiting the hotel in the future to have hopefully more of the delicious same!

Breakfast was good and the staff were charming and we got a lovely send of from the lovely ladies at reception.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay in a well run hotel which has a lot to offer. My only niggle is with the architect who designed the hotel as though huge and immaculately turned out, it simply does not seem to flow and we seemed to be always a bit lost finding our way back to the room!

But all in all we much enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone ............... especially THAT GUINNESS - Legend!!!!

Thanks to all the staff who made our stay so nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stop over on your way down to West Cork. Thank you especially for the detail you went into on your review and for telling us what we did well. Thank you for complimenting our staff and service. They will be delighted to receive your praise.
I do hope we encourage you to return to the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club and Spa in the future. Thank you for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Dungloe Co.Donegal
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 day trip and would never return. Got the trip on pigsback promotion and got voucher for drink on arrival. Hotel won't give you the free drink on the second night even though you have seperate voucher for each night that states drink and each night same amount of money. Very mean on the part of the hotel. Fine big hotel that has great potential but needs a lot of attention as everything just ok. Breakfast was lovely but dinner just ok. Room very dark and carpet in room 212 is filthy. Had to put towels on the floor to step on getting out of bed. There was even chewing gum stuck to it. Never be back

• Stayed June 2014
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for informing me of the cleanliness of the carpet in Room 212. I will check it out straight away and organise for the carpet to be cleaned. The pigsback offer entitles you to a complimentary drink on one night and I think at €59.00 per night Bed & Breakfast for two persons that is offering superb value.. I am sorry you were not satisfied.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'm sorry to be so late given my review. We booked our wedding over the phone with Nicola purely on 2 friends recommendation. We live in London and wanted a wedding reception close to Dublin but not at Dublin prices. We could have have chosen a better venue.

The value for money was exceptional. The customer service is second to none. The staff are extremely help and go up and beyond to do everything to keep you happy.

The day was fantastic the food was amazing with plenty of it. Everyone complimented the quality and quantity of the food and staff.

The ceremony was so intimate and cosy, with candles and music. Everyone was relaxed and felt at easy as everything was at the venue. Special mention to Nicola who was a god sent from start to finish she truly made it all happen and no stress was involved. Everything is checked and checked again.

I'll finish with saying that no where will give you value for money like this hotel. I would have no hesitation recommending Westgrove Hotel for a wedding venue.

Many thanks for making our special day so impeccable from Mr&Mrs Roberts

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenny M
Dear Bride & Groom (Sorry not allowed use your names Trip Advisor rules)
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your wedding day and that all your guests were complimenting the Hotel. Nicola our Wedding coordinator will be so grateful to receive your praise.
Please come and visit us again on your anniversary if not before. May we wish you every happiness in your lives together.
Best Regards
County Laois, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed on pigsback voucher. Reception staff very cold and unhelpful. Was not made feel welcome with children. Had a newborn and toddler and had to lug all luggage to my room despite a member of staff passing me in my attempt to make it to the lift. Had to wait 2 hours for room and made feel like I was putting the hotel out by asking if the room was ready. The staff at the cavery were lovely but the food was not four star. The breakfast was horrible. Very disappointing and do not think the hotel should be advertising to bring children if they gove the impression they do not want them there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nwhelan
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and that you found our hotel unfriendly and not welcoming to children. If you would like to discuss the details of your complaint please contact me directly.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!