“#Fab #Family #Friendly”

Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
“#Fab #Family #Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from a short mid week break at The Westgrove Hotel, went along as a group (two families) with young children all under 6. Hotel is very clean and well kept outside, inside also very clean, spacious and grand, lots of cosy seating in various parts of the hotel... got upgraded to a spacious apartment, foc!! Hotel Staff were so friendly and helpful, couldn't do enough for us, facilities were fab (free kids club, use of sauna, Jacuzzi & pool, also a kiddies pool) and the food was fantastic - spent every evening in either one of the two restaurants in the hotel, and very reasonable. Service was second to none! It really is one of the most family friendly hotels I have ever stayed in! Overall a brilliant hotel!

2 Thank Jacinta0Neill83
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. You are most generous with your praise and we very much appreciate it. It give me great pleasure to hear that the staff you encountered were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The team will be delighted to read your comments.
I do hope we encourage you to return. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Jerry Russell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from a two night mini break in Clane. I chose the Westgrove as it was in a good location, close to Dublin but not city centre and had a kids club and leisure facilities.
The hotel is well presented and has a welcoming reception. The staff are pleasant without being over friendly which I like
There is good on site parking facilities including an underground car park that is shared with the Supervalue shopping complex so isn't secure but certainly I had no problems and there is direct access from this car park to the hotel which is great.
There is a lovely coffee shop and restaurants which makes things easier although we chose to eat out. Breakfast is adequate and typical of a hotel my on,y compliant on this would be that the choices for children are limited at breakfast. Yoghurt sand a wider range of toast toppings would be needed.
The kids club that rubs July and August is excellent and gives a great range for all ages so a big thumbs up here for anyone wanting a little time away from the kids, even to have a quiet drink.
The Oak bar is pleasant but on the two nights we visited it the bar staff were not overly attentive and the main seating areas were untidy with old plates, glasses and bits of leftover food.
Rooms were well appointed and generally fine however I do expect that in a four star hotel my bed isn't simply remade each morning but actually changed which it wasn't and the in room amenities such as tea/coffee weren't replenished fully nor was the soap/moisturiser in the bathroom. The bathroom itself was small but fine and did have an excellent over bath shower which is always a plus point. There was no iron in the room just a trouser press's which is disappointing and the hairdryer wasn't great for anyone who needs to actually style their hair properly so a thumbs down here.. The walls are a bit thin as I liked hear famines in other rooms very clearly which is a shame but other than that not too bad.
The leisure facilities were good in particular the spin class which my husband attended and there is a great range of others on offer. The pool area gets very crowded as the facilities are open to not just hotel guests which I understand but it is a shame
Overall not bad but could do with a few more frills to make it truly worthy of 4 star status. I would stay again but would be more inclined to go to Kilashee or the Gibson next time

Room Tip: Ask to be away from families if you want a good nights sleep
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. Your detailed report is very helpful and we very much value your feedback. I am glad you overall enjoyed your stay and found our facilities to your liking. I do hope we encourage you to return again for a short break and experience all that County Kildare has to offer.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Westgrove is very modern for Kildare, 30mins drive from Dublin away from the hussle and bussle. Rooms are clean and spacious.Breakfast in the morning was well presented and tasted as it should. Facilities at the hotel are exceptional for the price, large full length swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and gym.Close to the village of Clane 1min walk to see the local shops and a few traditional bars, stick to Jonse's music on a Saturday night is usually where it;s at.Bar at the hotel is very poor, service slow without a smile, restaurant food is excellent. If you see a grab one deal again this place will not disappoint, buisness or pleasure.Kildare county has many attractions worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scotrish01
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found that we offered value for money. Thank you for recommending our hotel and telling others of our extensive facilities.
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel, Leisure club and Spa and I do hope we encourage you to return in the future.
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Omg this hotel is horrible. Arrived a little early and went to reception and was met by a not so happy receptionist who you knew just hated her job, asked could we check in a little early and I got the impression because we had a groupon voucher it was frowned upon. So was told no it'll be nearer 3, that was fair enough. We went to the bar where my child received a chipped glass and my husband a filthy pint glass. I really question some peoples level of cleanliness when they say it's spotless. The carpets are absolutely filthy, and the smells in hotel are appalling. I had to put all our flip flops on when walking around the bedroom. Disgusting! Asked for an iron at 5:50 as we had booked dinner for 6:30 and was told I'd have it in 10 minutes. After 40 minutes I tried calling reception numerous of times where nobody would answer the phone, my husband had to go down and ask where it was and they said they where trying to find one. After 10 more minutes I rang again and was told by Siobhan that in fact I wouldn't have an iron as there was none available. My daughters camp bed was broken and they must think it's winter, duvets way too heavy for time of year. Room was so stuffy I had to ring in the middle of the night to get a fan which surprisingly arrived within 15 minutes. We received a list of kids club activities when we checked in stating that from 10-12 am arts and crafts where on, no such thing. Kids where very upset. Went into the kids club room, OMG smelly and filthy there was still popcorn thrown all over the floor from the previous night. I'm so glad I only paid €55 euro, I suppose you pay for what you get and this sums the whole place up. Think twice about booking this hotel it's not even worth the €55.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Tomjones00
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Please contact me directly on 045 98 99 00 and we can discuss the service issues you encountered.
Carlow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked into the Westgrove on Bank Holiday Sunday for 3 nights. Sinead was our receptionist and she was lovely. Very professional and had a beautiful friendly manner. The bar food was excellent. Extremely tasty and well presented. Children's meals also excellent. This hotel has lots of seating dotted around the place. Ideal with children as you could use the bar and relax without worrying were you inconveniencing other guests. The leisure centre was delightful as were the staff. Breakfast was lovely. Staff were excellent especially the mature lady manager who took the time to speak to the children. A lovely touch. The hotel is adjacent to a small shopping centre. Ideal for the little things you might forget! underground parking very handy too. esp when raining and when you wanted to bring in/ out the luggage. We had a very enjoyable stay and will certainly be back at Halloween break if not before.
Paula.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your three day family break and found our restaurant, bar,leisure club, kids club, food and service were to your liking. I hope we encourage you to visit again. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was a lovely hotel, staff were friendly and helpful...breakfast was amazing really reasonable and it had everything u can think of..we got a great deal for this on Groupon. !! Would highly recommend this as its attached to a shopping centre which is small but has all the bare essentials ;) &a lovely little gift shop downstairs a nick nack shop but with unusual gifts ..ran by a lovely lady very friendly amd welcoming.This hotel has a spa which was nice.....and a lovely Chinese restaurant called Tigger in the little town was delicious

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lusciouslucy81
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the Westgrove and found that we offered good value for money. I am glad you managed to see a bit of Clane Village and enjoyed a nice Chinese Meal. Thank you for your compliments on our Breakfast Buffet and Staff it is very much appreciated.
I hope we give you good reason to return again for a short break. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went for August bank holiday with husband and gran daughter who is four. Lovely girl called Emma works in the kids club and is great with children. Our little one adored her so a big thank you to Emma. I found the bar area where we ate on two nights very dated and drab. It could do with a makeover. The staff were very busy and nice and polite at all times, even under pressure. The food is nothing special, usual bar menu you can get in most pubs. Thought hotel bar would make more of an effort.The blaring TV was an annoyance and no one seemed to be watching it. Eventually asked for it to be turned down. The room was clean and beds comfortable. Was clean and fresh when we returned from being out. Swimming pool was good. The layout of the hotel is like walking though tunnels and for some reason it reminded me of a gloomy airport. There is the same flat atmosphere you feel in those places. The fire alarm went off in the early hours of the bank holiday and people were just about to lift kids out of beds to leave when someone said no need, not an emergency. On checking out receptionist was unable to explain why this happened, just repeated it was not an emergency situation. Not a terrible hotel but it just lacked appeal for me and my husband.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your your stay over all. Emma will be delighted with your praise in our Kids Club. I am sorry you did not like the food or décor in our bar. Next time you will have to try our Assaggio Restaurant.
I do hope we encourage you to return again for a short break. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!