“Well impressed!”

Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel was booked as part of a Hen Night package and I have to say I was "Well Impressed"!! I wasn't expecting too much as the hotel was in a small village but it was lovely. There was free car parking and wifi which was a good bonus. The hotel was huge but in a good way. We had a lunch snack in the bar and a three course evening meal in the restaurant which was amazing, the food was so tasty!! The hotel in general, accommodation, food and drinks were all excellent value for money. It was a short distance to near by towns. My only disappointment was I didn't have time to use the amazing looking spa or stay longer. I recommended to my parents to go last month which they did and they to have a great two day break! Will look forward to my next trip here!! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda H
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review of your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your girlie break away and that you recommended us to your parents. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and yes you have given yourselves a good excuse to return.! Seanna and her team in our Elemis Spa Haven would be delighted to look after you on your next visit.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back at sometime in the future.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from.a two night stay with The westgrove. It was just super. Wonderful kids club, lovely staff throughout the hotel. Fab bed and pillows. Yummy food. All in all we will be back. Really great trip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lovethehols

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review of your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and friendly. Thank you for recommending our Hotel it is very much appreciated. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and I do hope we encourage you to return again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

It was a weekend away for my sister as it was her birthday. It was such a lovely stay. We got a family room which gave us 3 beds. A great start. The hotel had given us a few little treats in the room which was such a lovely touch. (chocolate dipped Strawberry's) We had dinner that evening in the Italian Restaurant Assaggio. The food was gorgeous and the service was brilliant. Such lovely staff and friendly staff. The waiter must have over heard us say it was a birthday weekend so he arranged a lovey desert and birthday candle for her. A perfect touch that topped a perfect day.
We had treatments booked in the lovely relaxing spa. Again lovely staff. Perfect treatments.
We stayed 2 nights and the second night we ate in Naas town.
When we checked out the lovely receptionist gave us VIP passes to Kildare Village.
It was just a perfect stay and even though the hotel was booked out on both night it was so quiet.
Highly recommend it as a nice base to see Kildare or as a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read your comments and so glad you were well looked after by our team. Thank you for all your praise.
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel Leisure Club & Spa Haven and I hope we encourage you to return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We just spent two nights at the westgrove, we were at a wedding so we had fun and the food was very nice. The breakfasts are good too as was the service. But the whole hotel is very dark, the rooms are dark, the carpets are dark, the main dining room is dark. In America this would be regarded as a 2star hotel. The reason is that the whole space smells of damp, like an old cleaning rag. That's not pleasant. There is no way you should go here if your not attending a function. They do have good wifi, but I had to constantly get new door keys as they kept not working. Will not be going back.

1  Thank patpaddy

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and that you thought our hotel smelt and that your bedroom keys did not work. You mention the Hotel was smelt of damp. Our Hotel is a relatively new build and does not smell of damp. On the bedroom keys not working I have organised all our bedroom door looks to have their annual service. Thank you for complimenting our Free Wifi, our Food and Our Service.
I do hope you will reconsider and come and visit our lovely property again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from a short mid week break at The Westgrove Hotel, went along as a group (two families) with young children all under 6. Hotel is very clean and well kept outside, inside also very clean, spacious and grand, lots of cosy seating in various parts of the hotel... got upgraded to a spacious apartment, foc!! Hotel Staff were so friendly and helpful, couldn't do enough for us, facilities were fab (free kids club, use of sauna, Jacuzzi & pool, also a kiddies pool) and the food was fantastic - spent every evening in either one of the two restaurants in the hotel, and very reasonable. Service was second to none! It really is one of the most family friendly hotels I have ever stayed in! Overall a brilliant hotel!

2  Thank Jacinta0Neill83

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. You are most generous with your praise and we very much appreciate it. It give me great pleasure to hear that the staff you encountered were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The team will be delighted to read your comments.
I do hope we encourage you to return. Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from a two night mini break in Clane. I chose the Westgrove as it was in a good location, close to Dublin but not city centre and had a kids club and leisure facilities.
The hotel is well presented and has a welcoming reception. The staff are pleasant without being over friendly which I like
There is good on site parking facilities including an underground car park that is shared with the Supervalue shopping complex so isn't secure but certainly I had no problems and there is direct access from this car park to the hotel which is great.
There is a lovely coffee shop and restaurants which makes things easier although we chose to eat out. Breakfast is adequate and typical of a hotel my on,y compliant on this would be that the choices for children are limited at breakfast. Yoghurt sand a wider range of toast toppings would be needed.
The kids club that rubs July and August is excellent and gives a great range for all ages so a big thumbs up here for anyone wanting a little time away from the kids, even to have a quiet drink.
The Oak bar is pleasant but on the two nights we visited it the bar staff were not overly attentive and the main seating areas were untidy with old plates, glasses and bits of leftover food.
Rooms were well appointed and generally fine however I do expect that in a four star hotel my bed isn't simply remade each morning but actually changed which it wasn't and the in room amenities such as tea/coffee weren't replenished fully nor was the soap/moisturiser in the bathroom. The bathroom itself was small but fine and did have an excellent over bath shower which is always a plus point. There was no iron in the room just a trouser press's which is disappointing and the hairdryer wasn't great for anyone who needs to actually style their hair properly so a thumbs down here.. The walls are a bit thin as I liked hear famines in other rooms very clearly which is a shame but other than that not too bad.
The leisure facilities were good in particular the spin class which my husband attended and there is a great range of others on offer. The pool area gets very crowded as the facilities are open to not just hotel guests which I understand but it is a shame
Overall not bad but could do with a few more frills to make it truly worthy of 4 star status. I would stay again but would be more inclined to go to Kilashee or the Gibson next time

Room Tip: Ask to be away from families if you want a good nights sleep

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review on Trip Advisor. Your detailed report is very helpful and we very much value your feedback. I am glad you overall enjoyed your stay and found our facilities to your liking. I do hope we encourage you to return again for a short break and experience all that County Kildare has to offer.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Westgrove is very modern for Kildare, 30mins drive from Dublin away from the hussle and bussle. Rooms are clean and spacious.Breakfast in the morning was well presented and tasted as it should. Facilities at the hotel are exceptional for the price, large full length swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and gym.Close to the village of Clane 1min walk to see the local shops and a few traditional bars, stick to Jonse's music on a Saturday night is usually where it;s at.Bar at the hotel is very poor, service slow without a smile, restaurant food is excellent. If you see a grab one deal again this place will not disappoint, buisness or pleasure.Kildare county has many attractions worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scotrish01
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found that we offered value for money. Thank you for recommending our hotel and telling others of our extensive facilities.
Thank you for choosing the Westgrove Hotel, Leisure club and Spa and I do hope we encourage you to return in the future.
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!