“Westgrove bar food a total non-runner” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Oak Bar at the Westgrove
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Clane
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Westgrove bar food a total non-runner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I stopped off at the Westgrove on the way back from the Punchestown Races. We thought it would be better than busier restaurants around Naas. This was a big mistake as the bar food was the worst we've had in a long time. My friend had a pizza which was practically inedible because it was so stodgy and soggy. I ordered lasagne which came as a very small lukewarm portion that tasted like it was reheated in a microwave numerous times. Even worse was the so-called 'seasonal salad' which I thought would be a healthy option. The salad consisted of a pile of raw onions and peppers coated in a gloppy dressing and thrown on the side of the plate. Only that we were hungry and keen to get back on the road we should have sent the whole lot back. Given the prices they charge this was a very expensive meal (mistake) for such very poor quality.

7 Thank Sophie2_11