Sandals South Coast
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
US$46
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
US$132
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
TripAdvisor
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$609
Bookit.com
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$549
US$517
Bookit.com
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$336
  • Pool
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,490 results
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shopgarden tourpot holeswhite nightred lane spajerk shackclub levelbutler servicepelican bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2011

i was nervous at first to sign up for a sandals resort. but after speaking to my travel agent, she advised me to give them another chance. i had gone to sandals halycon in st lucia and found it to be below par. but i took her advise and decided to give them another chance so i choose SWH. let me say that it is the best resort!! it is absolutely beautiful there. every staff member that i came in contact with was nothing but friendly and greeted my husband with a smile every time! they were accomodating in every way.the beach was racked every morning for debris and kept very clean. i stayed in the italian villiage and it was absolutely perfect. it was quiet and relaxing. i had a first floor walk out room. and it was close to the beach. the concierge made all of our dinner reservations, and everday left us little treats in our room. and a cute little anniversary cake. the spa is worth the price, we had a couples massage and took advantage of the credit they gave us when we booked. since i realize the resort is 24/7 and never stops, it was nice to see the maintenance being done to keep the property up. the wait staff was friendly. i hit every restaurant except the bluefield. i am a picky eater, but always found something to suit my needs. i found the breakfast buffet at bayside to be the best, but HANDS down the Cafe de Paris!!!! u can get homemade crepes, ice cream and desserts and the hours are great. the martini is nice also. the "playmakers" are friendly and helped me try out some of the free water equipment. i know the ride to the resort is far,, but isnt it everywhere. it will be well worth it trust me!! the resort is large and from the photos looks a little uninviting, but when you get there, its small enough to be able to walk around, but big enough to find your own places to be romantic.
but the NUMBER ONE REASON i choose this resport compared to all other sandals....... you will not be harrassed on the beach by locals!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suzanne_pike
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife an I went to Sandals Whitehouse and stayed from September 24 through October 1st. We went to just relax and not do a thing as we are expexting our first child. We had gone to Sandals Antigua for our honeymoon two years ago and thought Whitehouse would be a nice way to spend a week. The two places do not compare. Sandals Antigua is a much better spot. Better food, Better beach, and better rooms. But I dont want to bash Whitehouse. Okay so heres the nitty gritty... The Pros.... the grounds are pristine, the main pool is very large, overall the resort is laid back, the pastry shop is great,
The Cons... the food, i thought, was below average. Plus if you find a resturant you like, they are not all open every night. The beach itself was very pretty but the sand is rock hard and the in the water its rocky and most of the time a good amount of sea weed. For most of our stay there were hardley anyone hanging out at the beach. Most of the people stayed at the pool. The drive there was bumpy but thats not that bad, what stinks is that its an hour and a half away. so by the time you get on the bus, get there and get checked in, youve lost a good chunk of the day that you have paid for.
As far as sand fleas go, we had no issues, but the truth is we didnt spend a lot time at the beach.
Its not a bad resort and we had fun. but if your just looking to go to a sandals, go to either Antigua or the Bahamas. at least there you can do things outside the resort. Whitehouse is in the middle of no where and for safety reasons I would not recommend leaving the resort. not safe.

Room Tip: stay in the italian village, close to everyting. French village is a bit of a walk.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank frank t
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Upon arrival in Montego Bay, we got our luggage which was ripped open and medicines and clothes were missins. The Sandals representative (a joke) said she took all our info and would have it sent to the hotel. NEVER happened. After calling Delta an speaking to Sandals representative twice a day for 4 days, no one knew what was going on, go figure.
I have been to Jamaica many times before Montego Bay, Negril and Ochio Rios. Loved it everytime. Never again to Sandals Whitehouse. For them saying this was the Honey Moon suite, it was a joke. Small substandard room with a balcony bearly big enough for us both to sit.
Our room was located on the 4th floor almost the farthest point from the main buildings where you eat and lobby and so forth. Everything we were promised as honeymooners we didnt get. After continuously complaining (rightfully so) we got a bottle of champagne that was warm. Tried to order room service we were told they don't do room service to our room.
First day there and just about every day there after for 7 nights we had cold food that was supposed to be hot. Average lunch or dinner was 2to3 hours long. The wait for drinks even when bars werent busy was a long time even in Jamaica standards. We made friends with 5 bartenders at main pool. We tipped them WELL and our service became better. All the alcohol they proclaim to have "FREE" was never in stock, Jim Beam Jack Daniels, Grand Marnier, Coffee liquor, Crown. Hell they even ran out of bananas, go figure.
Our room was wiped down once a day and that was never before 4pm. Wake up in morning and 90% of time we had no water to shower or flush toilets. Took showers down by pool on several occasions. Not all-inclusive. Meals were served (when you got them) Tappas style, meaning one bite and its gone. We went to little grill near pool Bluefields ordered 1 app 1 salad 3 sandwiches and were told we were ordering too much. WTF????? Oh and they were so rude. We were ready to leave by 3rd day. We were told we can visit any other Sandals in Jamaica for a day they would shuttle us, for $190 a piece. There was no town to go shopping for gift unless you wanted to pay 190 each to get driven into Negril. There was a small gift shop -- outrageuos 190 + for a swimsuit. $20 for a small can of OFF Bugs spray--which you will need, never have I been to Jamaica and had sand fleas everywhere.
Jamaica is a great place to go just don't go the Whitehouse. As far as Sandals goes I was not impressed and felt as though I was lied to and treated as though we were second class and stuck there. After speaking with some of the other guest they to had same problem. One ladies wedding turned into disaster from staff not being on time. No one there to serve food and drinks and just the general lack of interest and urgency. NEVER WILL WE GO BACK.
Oh and don't believe the NO TIPPING from the time we got to airport it was give me give me give me.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or get the penthouse Butlers Suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VHoffer
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Stayed for 7 great nights with my girlfriend. Lots of things to do and never got bored. We ate at every restaurant at the resort and every meal was good or better. The French cafe was nice to stop in and get a treat once and a while. The staff was always helpful and friendly. Our room was great overlooking the French pool and the bed was possibly the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We also did the YS Falls tour with the Appletons rum and Blackriver, we both had a great day would recommend it for anyone wanting to get off the resort for a day. Only downside was the drive to and from the airport (took about and hour and a half). For myself it was not a big deal kind of adventurist with the crazy driving the Jamaicans do, but lots to see on the trip there and back. My girlfriend did not enjoy it one bit. lol

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John A
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My new wife and I just got back from our honeymoon there and it was awesome. The weather for being their rainy season was still better than New York during the summer. There are definently some Pros and Cons about this resort.
Pros:
If you like the type of crowd where there isn't a ton of college kids throwing up in the pool, it's for you.
The Sandals people treat you like royalty.
The location of the southern coast sets you up for the best sunsets money can buy.
The place is extremely clean.
Cons:
It is out there, like out there. There is no town for miles.
The food is hit or miss.
Being a couples resort, the only thing really to do during the day was to float around one of the pools and drink (not that it's a bad thing once and awhile.)

The nightly entertainment was great. They would have local bands come in and play at outdoor dinners. They also had some big get togethers on a couple of nights with food, music and of course, booze. The property was immaculate, they had so many employees taking care of the place, I never seen such a thing. I would strongly recommend the concierge service to your room. They are great. If you have any problems at all they will try and take care of it. The butler service is alittle much for me. I don't think I can stand having someone follow me all day. You could just throw one of the workers by the pool some cash and he'll get you anything you need. Of course like anything else though the pricing on the extras was alittle much. They have people walking around taking pictures of you all week. Then when you go and get them, you need to sell off when of your kids to afford them.

All in all it is a great resort and I don't know when but I can gaurantee I will be back there. I would like to check out other resorts but the Sandals group definently knows how to take care of you.

Room Tip: Dutch village has a quiet pool infront of it (with a bar), the French village had a pool that was a little more crowded but had a swim up bar and Bluefields restaurant next to it. The Italian village has no pool but is the closest to the main pool and restaurants. I would go for the higher rooms with concierge service, forget the butler no need for it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple