“"Fabulous Wedding Moon!!"”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Ontario, Canada
“"Fabulous Wedding Moon!!"”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We recently got back from our awesome Wedding Moon at Whitehouse March 23 - 30, we were at SWH in 2010 and fell in love with this place we call “paradise” which made it easy to choose it as our wedding destination.
Wedding: Everything was perfect starting with the wedding details prior to us arriving, to the on-site details, special thanks to ROMAINE our wedding planner, SIMONA, SHANEIKA and the photographer SHELDON. We recommend this place if you don’t want all the stress of planning a big wedding, definitely this is the way to go, Sandals sure made it a stress-free wedding. Big plus, the wedding ceremony was at no extra cost, we decided on the Martha Stewart theme “beginnings” and my bride looked fabulous with the flowers provided. We did one upgrade - to the Sand ceremony, after the ceremony we moved to the gazebo for the reception, where we enjoyed a refreshing glass of champagne, delicious snacks and a tasty two tier chocolate wedding cake in the company of my brother and sister-in-law (thank you Bro and Sis for making this special day even more memorable). Once more thanks to the wedding planner team that made this day so special for both of us.
Bus Ride:
What can I say that has not been said before? Just don't let some negative reviews bother you. We both enjoyed seeing the landscape and learning about the culture and history of this beautiful island from the very informative drivers, so take all in stride and don't get all worked up over a few manholes, just remember this is not a Sandals problem, but must say in the way to Sandals and back to the airport they were ripping up some parts of the road, looks like they are trying to fix up the road. Upon arrival at the resort, the pampering began; right away we were offered a towel and a cool drink. The check in was rather fast and prompt (special thanks to DAVION) soon we were in our beautiful comfortable room.

Room:
Our room was very nice and bright with a great view facing the beautiful Dutch pool and the ocean, we had the most beautiful sunsets from the balcony. We've stayed in the Dutch Village both times we've been to Whitehouse 2nd and 3rd floor, we were very happy with our room cleaner, VELMA was excellent at keeping the room always clean and fresh, we did not lack for anything in the room and the fridge was always stocked.

Beach:
Being beach people we spent our days on this beautiful secluded long beach which was never crowded. Not sure what seems to be the problem with some people complaining with the lack of chairs and/or huts, we never found any problems in getting a hut, every day we saw plenty of empty loungers and umbrellas. Just remember the early bird gets the worm........also found this time around they kept the beach much more cleaner, as for the sand flees....well....they are there, just be prepared to deal with some bites. Nice touch was the beach/bar workers coming around asking if all was ok and if we needed any drinks…..special kudos to RAYON who was always making our stay very pleasant.

Pools
The pools at Whitehouse are very beautiful, like I said we are not pool people, but could see that Sandals keeps the pools very clean and tidy. We met DAMION and ERROL, every morning (around 6am) had the pleasure to talk with them on my way to get couple cappuccinos from Café de Paris and I could sense the pride and pleasure they have in their work. Thank you Damion for coming and search for us at the Dutch beach to congratulate us on our wedding, that was very nice.
First time at Whitehouse we dined at every restaurant and enjoyed them all, however Eleanor's was our favourite, this time around the food was very much improved at all the restaurants we dined and Elanor's was still our favourite, the beef tenderloin is to die for.
Giuseppe’s we went one night and had their excellent steak, best steak we had in a while.
Bayside: buffet breakfast was amazing special thanks to KARL.... I could not get enough of his omelets always courteous and remembered after the first day what I liked in my omelets....thank you KARL, its workers like KARL, NICOLA and CARONA that makes us want to come back, most days we had buffet style lunch which changes daily and we were never disappointed. We used to go in and take a look at the selections before we got seated. Had dinner once and was good too.
Jasmine’s: we didn't try this one this time at all, however first trip we did and was very tasty.
Neptune’s: awesome seafood dishes, the lobster soup was delicious on the first night I started with the soup and had to have again before desert....mmmmmmm. We never had lunch at Neptune’s so cannot comment.
Bluefields: by the French pool.....I went for the delicious jerk chicken and my wife had the jerk pork quesadillas we were not disappointed. Note if you don’t like spicy food ask for the sauce on the side....excellent food in a total casual ambiance, we had TAMARA serving us and she was very helpful always with a smile, this goes for everyone we came across very friendly demeanor, it shows that for most people here they enjoy working at Whitehouse and it shows on how they treat the guests.
Café de Paris: serves up the most delicious CREPES and pastries all day long, it was our favourite spot.
Nightlife: Must say the entertainment sure has improved since our last visit 2 years ago.
Staff: Management this time around sure was more visible, noticed couple times general manager Carl Beviere picking up dishes from the tables outside Café de Paris, he sure leads by example I was rather impressed. On another occasion on way to breakfast run into
Jeffrey Burke (Sales Manager) as we walked together, if he noticed any garbage on the grounds he would pick it up…again that was impressive, leading by example.
Thank you Carl for the great team you lead and for always acknowledging us whenever we came across on this beautiful property.
We certainly will be back, already looking for next year, we had an awesome time and just about everything was perfect, specially our wedding, just let me say this we had the pleasure of meeting the nicest people from many places and of course the most wonderful Jamaican people.
We highly recommend this resort we call Paradise. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

4 Thank gpm11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,089)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Beach wedding and honeymoon week of March 23 to 30,2012,the best! Wedding planner Romaine was excellent in helping us plan our simple but wonderfull wedding. We stayed in the Dutch room, and found this to be our favorite place to stay as it is quiet and relaxing. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The ladies in the Cafe are the best! Arleene, I think that was her name, made the best crepes!!!! Great entertainment this time....and lots of improvements made since our last trip in April 2009 and we hear more to come in the future. This resort is clean,the food oh so good...staff awesome! From our room we could see the beach and pool. The morning after our wedding, we had breakie on our balcony....everything nice and hot,coffee soooooooooooo good! We love this resort and the staff...

Room Tip: The Italian village is an area close to the sports and events and the swimup bar...The Dutch is quie...
2 Thank Meow24
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I spent the week of March 24 through March 31st at Sandals Whitehouse. Absolutely the best vacation ever. This place is unbelievable. Sparkling clean, great food and super selection, pools are incredible, and the beach and sea are to die for. This place offers the ultimate vacation spot. The employees are all friendly as can be and helpful. It is tough to say anything negative; the best I can come up with is shower pressure and the pillows were too mushy. If you want the perfect all-inclusive -- this is it!!!

4 Thank DonRW
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We just returned yesterday for 7 nights at Whitehouse and all we can say is “ahhhhhhhhh!” fantastic. This was our first trip to a Sandals resort. We are experienced Caribbean travelers (we’ve been 3 times in the past 18 months) and are also experienced with all-inclusives (Secrets and Excellence) so by no means are we newbies or so easily thrilled that a 5-star rating from us is easy. I think we are actually pretty tough critics and I never would have imagined us rating anywhere a 5. Yet, this is a 5-star rating and here is why:

The Beach: beautiful, long and secluded. At no time did we feel too close to other couples or groups and it never felt busy. In fact, we felt that at times that we “owned” the beach – it had such an exclusive feel to it. We took long walks every day, found starfish every morning and spent nearly all of our time in the sand rather than at the pool. If you prefer the beaches over the pools then this is a place you should consider for sure. (A special thanks to Ana Kay – she kept our drinks coming to us on the beach and was a super dedicated employee – she was terrific!)

Our Room: We stayed in the Italian Village Honeymoon Walkout Suite (Butler) room 1126. The room faced what we felt was one of the best stretches of beach on the property. The suite was well appointed, super clean, well stocked and comfortable. If there was any single complaint that we could have had is that it would have been nice if we could have opened the bedroom windows – not a real issue. (BTW, Yvonne – we will miss you! Thanks for all of the special touches in the room!!)

Our Service; Lots has already been said about the butler service and it comes down to what you enjoy and how you interpret “value”. Our Butlers were Joy & Keen (thanks to the both of you!! You made our trip so much better!!!). We had our place at the beach every day with a full cooler. We had breakfast on our patio every morning. We never waited in a single line, never had to ask for just about anything and were basically pampered for the entire week. The room directly next to us was concierge and I’m not sure how big a difference was between their experience and ours, but we don’t really care – our experience was great. It was not just Joy & Keen, or Ana Kay, but everyone we met had a smile on their face and a great friendly demeanor. Its obvious to us that people here really seem to enjoy their jobs and enjoy working at Whitehouse and it comes out as exceptional service.

The Food: We tried all of the restaurants except Jasmines. Our favorite was Neptune’s for dinner. The mixed seafood “stew” (We forget the actual name of the dish) was excellent and we had to go back a second night to have that again. We also loved the Jerk Pork quesadillas at Bluefield’s. Most days Joy or Keen would bring us lunch on the beach (I did say we were beach people, right?! ☺ ) and we enjoyed the pizza, jerk chicken and even had a burger one day – all great “toes in the sand” lunches! We are by no means “foodies” and we are probably more into the atmosphere of the place than the food itself, but we thought everything was great.

The Grounds: Whitehouse is a beautiful resort. Everything was meticulously maintained, lush, and just perfect. One more than one occasion we just stepped back and couldn’t believe how nice everything was – the pictures on the website just don’t do Whitehouse justice – it’s a “see it for yourself” kind of place.

The Transportation: Ok, ok. It’s a full 90 minutes and the last 45 minutes getting to Whitehouse are tough. We took private transport inbound in a very nice Benz and our driver Steven had food, beer and wine waiting for us in the car and he did everything he could to make the drive comfortable – that trip was easy. Outbound we took the bus and we seated in the last row and ouch that drive seemed to take twice as long as the drive in – all of the potholes are exaggerated by the bus. So yes, be prepared for the ride and take a car (or helicopter!) if you can afford it. But the transport did NOT affect our view on Whitehouse one bit!

There is so much to say. I do feel like this is a bit of “me too” review since there are so many glowing reviews of Whitehouse its difficult to come up with something unique to say. We just had a great time. Everything was perfect and just what we had wished for.

(Oh and by the way, we booked our return visit at the "soon come back" desk yesterday!)

-Neil & Kristy

Room Tip: The walkouts in the Italian village have a great view and are just steps from the sand.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NeilSerdinsky
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse March 23-30. I upgraded us to a butler suite, which was expensive but definitely the way to go if you can swing it. Our room was fantastic....suites have oversized balconies and a separate BR/LR. We were in 1326, third floor in the Italian village, fantastic unimpeded view of the ocean, sunrise AND sunset. Only a few "downs" to report...
- Water pressure was very low at peak shower times (mid-morning and before dinner).
- Cable/satellite signal was horrid for the first four days. It got better though. The TV in the LR area was just "basic" cable with about 20 channels, but the big flat screen in the bedroom was satellite, HD, loads of channels. Strange that they both weren't on the same signal, although TV was not a big priority for us.
- Paying for internet access in a premium hotel is a joke. Enough said.
- Jasmines doesn't seem to have any congruent theme. Asian? Not really. Did not enjoy our one meal there. No other food complaints, though.
- Talent Night was fun (I sat in with the very gracious house band Legal Vibrations and played drums), except for the hour-long "fashion show" featuring all the clothing we could buy at the gift shop. Silly and truly not the right crowd for such a hard sales pitch...

The Ups:
Service, staff, drinks, grounds, spa staff and massage, never felt crowded or cramped, exceptional buffet, awesome dinners especially at Eleanor's (forget what we had but it was great) and our last night at Bayside for lobster and shrimp in creamy garlic sauce (wow, that was good!). Steel Drum band on Saturday was very talented. We did two trips through Island Routes on the catamaran - Sunset Reggae Cruise and the trip to the Pelican Bar. IR crew was a lot of fun, very enjoyable trip both times. The Pelican Bar was out of Red Stripe (warm Heineken, anyone?) and was....unique?....would probably not do that again. The ride from the airport? LOVED IT. Twisty and scenic road through the mountains.

Every staff member we met was kind, unhurried, and happy to help us out. As others have said, this is a relatively low-key property, and if you can deal with a laid-back pace and relax and enjoy yourself, you'll love it. This property reminded us a lot of La Toc in St. Lucia, which we also loved.

A word about our butlers (Omar and Damion)....we were treated like royalty, were constantly surprised by the small, thoughtful things they did for us during our stay. After reading some of the comments about unused reserved seats, we were careful to keep them informed of changes in dinner plans, when we were done at the pool, etc. Although we could have struggled ;-) through the week with making our own reservations, etc., it really was fantastic to have everything attended to, usually without us even asking. If you can afford it, go for it!

This was our 7th(?) time in Jamaica and our 4th-5th Sandals property. Would definitely recommend this resort and will return when we can.

Room Tip: The suites have bigger balconies as well as a separate living room and bedroom and a huge bathroom/s...
3 Thank MikeandAnnF
Sidney
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Let me start off by saying the Sandals Whitehouse is absolutely beautiful! We had a wonderful vacation there. There were a few minor things we did not like, but for the most part it was great.

Bus ride: Though pretty lengthy, it is a very pretty ride. I would recommend if you are prone to motion sickness take some dramamine, I couldn't find mine and therefor got sick on the ride :(

Room: We stayed in the French Village in a walkout beachfront room and it was very nice. The fridge was well stocked with water and juice everyday. Even when they had to return to clean it (we always took afternoon naps in the room) it was cleaned and of course had a towel animal everyday.

Food: I am a picky eater so I preferred the buffets mostly but my husband LOVED the jerk chicken. He had it at least once a day.

Beach: It was beautiful and we never once had any problem finding a chair. We enjoyed kayaking and paddleboarding every day. We took the boat out the one day to go snorkeling and though we didn't see a ton of gorgeous fish, we did get to see the reef and that was neat.

Service: The service was great for the most part. Of course there were a few dud servers but that it to be expected anywhere you travel. One of our biggest complaints though was most of the bars shut down at 6 & the restaurants weren't open all the time. I guess when I vacation I like to eat when I want to eat and drink when I want to drink.

Gym: I wasn't very happy the first day when I went to get my workout in and the gym was closed for renovation. Luckily it was relocated to the Aerobics room. Though none of the TV's on the machines worked it was sufficient for a resort gym.

The only other things I have to say if you want to do a lot of excursions you may want to choose another resort as you have to travel at least an hour to go do anything. Also, for people looking for a "party" type resort, this isn't the place. It is very relaxed and laid back. I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mmalkuch
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just returned from Sandals Whitehouse in March 2012. Very quiet and relaxing. Lots of room on the beach. The employees were always very helpful and accomidating. We had a great time snorkeling and sailing which was all included. All the restaurants had great food. Water was very clear but it did have some seaweed in the water at times. I would highly recommend this place. We did hear that the drive in was going to be very long and rough so we decided to take a helicopter from the airport to the hotel and we thought that was an amazing experiece. If you have the opportunity than that's a must.Pilots were fantastic and made us feel very comfortable as this was our first time in a helicopter. We had no complaints all all. We will definitely return to Sandals Whitehouse next year.

Room Tip: Rooms are basically all the same less what floor you are on . The french biulding was the younger an...
Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!