We recently got back from our awesome Wedding Moon at Whitehouse March 23 - 30, we were at SWH in 2010 and fell in love with this place we call “paradise” which made it easy to choose it as our wedding destination.
Wedding: Everything was perfect starting with the wedding details prior to us arriving, to the on-site details, special thanks to ROMAINE our wedding planner, SIMONA, SHANEIKA and the photographer SHELDON. We recommend this place if you don’t want all the stress of planning a big wedding, definitely this is the way to go, Sandals sure made it a stress-free wedding. Big plus, the wedding ceremony was at no extra cost, we decided on the Martha Stewart theme “beginnings” and my bride looked fabulous with the flowers provided. We did one upgrade - to the Sand ceremony, after the ceremony we moved to the gazebo for the reception, where we enjoyed a refreshing glass of champagne, delicious snacks and a tasty two tier chocolate wedding cake in the company of my brother and sister-in-law (thank you Bro and Sis for making this special day even more memorable). Once more thanks to the wedding planner team that made this day so special for both of us.
What can I say that has not been said before? Just don't let some negative reviews bother you. We both enjoyed seeing the landscape and learning about the culture and history of this beautiful island from the very informative drivers, so take all in stride and don't get all worked up over a few manholes, just remember this is not a Sandals problem, but must say in the way to Sandals and back to the airport they were ripping up some parts of the road, looks like they are trying to fix up the road. Upon arrival at the resort, the pampering began; right away we were offered a towel and a cool drink. The check in was rather fast and prompt (special thanks to DAVION) soon we were in our beautiful comfortable room.
Our room was very nice and bright with a great view facing the beautiful Dutch pool and the ocean, we had the most beautiful sunsets from the balcony. We've stayed in the Dutch Village both times we've been to Whitehouse 2nd and 3rd floor, we were very happy with our room cleaner, VELMA was excellent at keeping the room always clean and fresh, we did not lack for anything in the room and the fridge was always stocked.
Being beach people we spent our days on this beautiful secluded long beach which was never crowded. Not sure what seems to be the problem with some people complaining with the lack of chairs and/or huts, we never found any problems in getting a hut, every day we saw plenty of empty loungers and umbrellas. Just remember the early bird gets the worm........also found this time around they kept the beach much more cleaner, as for the sand flees....well....they are there, just be prepared to deal with some bites. Nice touch was the beach/bar workers coming around asking if all was ok and if we needed any drinks…..special kudos to RAYON who was always making our stay very pleasant.
The pools at Whitehouse are very beautiful, like I said we are not pool people, but could see that Sandals keeps the pools very clean and tidy. We met DAMION and ERROL, every morning (around 6am) had the pleasure to talk with them on my way to get couple cappuccinos from Café de Paris and I could sense the pride and pleasure they have in their work. Thank you Damion for coming and search for us at the Dutch beach to congratulate us on our wedding, that was very nice.
First time at Whitehouse we dined at every restaurant and enjoyed them all, however Eleanor's was our favourite, this time around the food was very much improved at all the restaurants we dined and Elanor's was still our favourite, the beef tenderloin is to die for.
Giuseppe’s we went one night and had their excellent steak, best steak we had in a while.
Bayside: buffet breakfast was amazing special thanks to KARL.... I could not get enough of his omelets always courteous and remembered after the first day what I liked in my omelets....thank you KARL, its workers like KARL, NICOLA and CARONA that makes us want to come back, most days we had buffet style lunch which changes daily and we were never disappointed. We used to go in and take a look at the selections before we got seated. Had dinner once and was good too.
Jasmine’s: we didn't try this one this time at all, however first trip we did and was very tasty.
Neptune’s: awesome seafood dishes, the lobster soup was delicious on the first night I started with the soup and had to have again before desert....mmmmmmm. We never had lunch at Neptune’s so cannot comment.
Bluefields: by the French pool.....I went for the delicious jerk chicken and my wife had the jerk pork quesadillas we were not disappointed. Note if you don’t like spicy food ask for the sauce on the side....excellent food in a total casual ambiance, we had TAMARA serving us and she was very helpful always with a smile, this goes for everyone we came across very friendly demeanor, it shows that for most people here they enjoy working at Whitehouse and it shows on how they treat the guests.
Café de Paris: serves up the most delicious CREPES and pastries all day long, it was our favourite spot.
Nightlife: Must say the entertainment sure has improved since our last visit 2 years ago.
Staff: Management this time around sure was more visible, noticed couple times general manager Carl Beviere picking up dishes from the tables outside Café de Paris, he sure leads by example I was rather impressed. On another occasion on way to breakfast run into
Jeffrey Burke (Sales Manager) as we walked together, if he noticed any garbage on the grounds he would pick it up…again that was impressive, leading by example.
Thank you Carl for the great team you lead and for always acknowledging us whenever we came across on this beautiful property.
We certainly will be back, already looking for next year, we had an awesome time and just about everything was perfect, specially our wedding, just let me say this we had the pleasure of meeting the nicest people from many places and of course the most wonderful Jamaican people.
We highly recommend this resort we call Paradise. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica