Review by Susie and Jack of snowy Vermont!
This will be a short one as we are leaving tomorrow to return to the Whitehouse, that should give you some sort of idea of the incredible beauty, loving and attentive staff and feeling of seclusion and privacy that no other resort will give you. We truly had the time of our lives and can't wait to return. We will write a more comprehensive review after this next trip but we had to let everyone know that this is truly an incredible vacation destination. What makes this resort so great are the loving, smiling and happy staff. US hotels could learn a lot from the Jamaican people. We are so impressed with the way they treated us that it was the defining factor as to where we would go. We agree with the people from Ontario that said "some people would not be happy at any resort" as that is something we say to each other each time we read a negative review about the Whitehouse. We hesitated writing this review because we really didn't want the word to get out how great this place was and not be able to get a reservation ourselves!!! It is truly that magnificent. We will give you a full report in a couple of weeks. All it takes to get a smile is to smile yourself. If you treat the staff like lowly servants, you will never get the opportunity to find out the true loving nature of the Jamaican people, that is what it is all about. We are returning because we loved the resort, but the resort is nothing without the wonderful people who work there and make you feel like family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Prestigia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica