Sandals South Coast
  • Pool
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
US$62
  • Room Service
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$517
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$563
US$488
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Marblue Villa Suites(Treasure Beach)
Taino Cove(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,529 results
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shopgarden tourpot holeswhite nightred lane spajerk shackclub levelbutler servicepelican bar
Reviewed 13 December 2013

we got married a year ago in SGSL and decided to try whitehouse for our one year anniversary.
After arriving on property we were greeted promptly and moved inside to do our check in process, we did not have club or butler level so the normal check in process was very easy and we were in our room within 15 mins. of arrival.
The grounds are spectacular we were in the French Village the farthest building on the property and enjoyed the walk to and from the main area. It would take us about 5-10 mins so some times it would have been nicer to be closer to the action but we knew this before going. As others have said the French pool is loud so dont expect to sleep during the day if your room is by this pool. Many days there were sing alongs and dancing going on until atleast 4-5PM The italian village is bythe main pool but still off to the side and the dutch pool seems very quite. The Beach is wonderful and was walked almost every day. Make sure to venture off property past the french village and walk as far as you can to the untouched beaches and water it was wonderful.

The food at the resort was great we did not have a bad meal. We got to try all the restaurants at night expect Neptune's for dinner and we also go to go to every place for lunch. Don't be shy to ask for food to go. dinners were great we loved Jasmines and Elenor's

Our room was adequet nothing spectaular but then again how much time do you spend in the room. The room toilettries that are given are perfect to use for a few days away. our housekeeper was great and we always came back to towel art and flowers on our bed.

Thank You to Sandals Whitehouse and everyone envolved in making our anniversary so special, from managers to the housekeepers to Elenors for the song it was truly a special day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nanagoly83
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful anniversary with us at Sandals Whitehouse. We strive to create romantic and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad you had a fantastic stay.

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We just spent a week at this resort. It was our second visit. We will be going back again and again. The accomodations, food, entertainment, staff were all top notch. I especailly appreciated "Michael". He was in charge of the fitness activities. I participated in power walks, yoga, and water exercise that he led. I learned much about the Island culture from him as well as felt almost like I had a personal trainer. He was very aware of each person's fitness level and supported and encouraged as appropriate. We also had lots of fun with the water sports. Again, the staff is very supportive and makes even the most inexperienced folks feel very comfortable with the activities. There are also many, many super comfortable couches, chairs, etc, (both in the shade and in the sun) to relax and soak up the beautiful gardens, fountains, pools, and of course, the gorgeous beach (and beautiful sunsets). There are even peacocks roaming around! Every room / suite is ocean front. By the middle of the week, I didn't even know what day it was- just that I was relaxed and had totally "escapted" to another world. The weather was mid 80's in the day time and mid to upper 70's in the evening. A truly magical time!

Room Tip: Dutch section is quieter. We had a corner room which gave us an amazing view of the ocean. 2nd or 3rd floors offer better views and more privacy from balconies. First floor you can step right out on your patio to the pool/ beach. Italian section closest to activities/ restaurants. French section is a hike to activities, but has a great pool and "beach food" restaurant nearby.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gadkinson
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is our 4th stay, and it seems that every year just gets better, from the moment we arrived and were greeted by our favorite butler Ainsley and this year the opportunity to meet Omar as well, if possible if you can afford a butler go for it, the service is unbelieveable, form looking after dinner reservations, special treats on the beer and in your room, to reserving your spot on the beach, knowing what you like to drink and always making sure you have it. Drinks at the Marini bar, best martinis made by Fletcher, best service and most beautiful smile by Charisse in the Patierre, she greeted us like famil first night and remembered what we had every evening without asking. Favorite restaurant - Eleanors, love eating outside in the evening, yummy pizza at Guissippes had lunch 3 times, Jamaican Patties, its worth the walk to the French Village jsut for one. Fabulous vacation returning back next November. One of our favorite things about this resort is the location and beach, you can walk, swim, snorkel, dive or just lay around. Perfect holiday

Room Tip: Italian or Dutch, love the ground floor can walk right out to the beach, close to the restaurants and and main pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank LynneS4223
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend and a bit here before going off to Kingston for a business meeting. It was everything that I had been led to expect from Sandals. A good variety of restaurants for dinner each with generally quite good food. The sea sports were also quite good.

Generally the service was very very good in person; not so good if you need to call for service using the phone. With one exception, it seemed impossible to get a phone answered to get any service. I was having trouble getting the Wi-Fi connected and after repeated calls to the front desk went unanswered, I had to go down and eventually got the Wi-Fi sorted out after being put on to a call with the third-party provider.

The Wi-Fi, for which you had to pay, was generally available around the hotel but strangely enough it was quite spotty in our room. I sometimes had to move around the room to get a good signal.

Room Tip: The restaurants tend to be centralized and the rooms are spread out a quite bit. When it rains, as it did almost every evening, umbrellas are necessary to get around.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was not our first Sandals trip.. we are actually Sandals snobs this was trip ??maybe 11 or 12. We have always loved Sandals because all the resorts are similar in the essence of a clean room good meals friendly people and a little pampering from staff!

The trip to the resort is long but if you go in prepared not an issue. The room was lovely. The food excellent!

We are not complainers as a rule.. as I stated this is not our first Sandals and will not be our last but this is our first trip advisor rant!!

This was the second Sandals trip we have had an item taken from our room (the first was Sandals Grande St Lucia and we had our charger cord for the camera stolen.. strange item to steal) The theft itself was not the fact that makes me want to rant on here it was the treatment of the resort. From the moment I called them they acted in disbelief (item was my iPod Nano shuffle that I only use on the plane and on the room stereo never was it taken out of the room by us and always replaced in it's little pouch holder) They searched the entire room including all personal items, drawers, luggage etc.! The entire time I received the feeling of disbelief as though I just lost it and was lying! Since returning home I have learned you can no longer buy a Nano shuffle and have had to purchase one on eBay that is used!

At the same time our friend complained about the scraping of chairs on the patio waking him on a whim to a manager he had met .. he received a letter of apology and a bottle of champagne!! All this and we did not receive recognition until I actually called the manager angry... to little to late I might add!!

When we were leaving the security manager made a comment to the effect of her briskness as I believe she knew she was over the top! Not a very warm and fuzzy felling at all!

In the midst of all that we managed to make some wonderful friends and have a good time, lots of laughs and good meals shared.

Will I go back, not likely!

p.s. Sandals Whitehouse told us they would send an update on "the investigation"... 1 month and we have not heard a word even though we were told we would be updated.

7  Thank sdenick