My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 10 night vacation at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica (April 4 to 14, 2014). We were scheduled to be at Sandals Carlyle however, there was a fire at the Carlyle ergo, 2 days prior to departure, we were told that we were going to the Whitehouse resort. We had considered this resort before however we didnt feel the additional road trip was worth the effort (1.5 to 2 hours from Mo-Bay airport). We still wanted to see the resort therefore we did not complain at this change. Our accomodations consisted of a 1 bedroom suite with Butler service. We have booked butler suites in the past at other Sandals resorts but David and Camille, who were our butlers at the Whitehouse, were just fabulous. Note that the main reason we book butler suites is the suite/not necessarily the fact that it comes with a butler. Camille and David surprised us a few times with things we truly werent expecting such as reserved (and decorated) tables at diner time and nice treats by the pool. This resort is quite large so make sure you are mobile and dont mind walking a little to get to where you need to go. Our room was excellent and, yes, there is some noise from the hallway etc. however if you've ever been to most resorts in the caribbean you would find the same thing occurs (if your flooring was in tile you would get this noise everywhere). Not an issue for us. As stated earlier, the resort is quite large however, everything you need is pretty much centralized (restaurants, sports, stores etc.). You merely have to make your way to them from your room. The food and service at the restaurants was excellent (our fave = Jasmine (Asian delights)). We did not get into the sports much but noticed that there were all kinds of things going on pretty much all of the time. The Sandals animator's were great (as weve found them to be at all Sandals resorts).
Short and sweet is the way I prefer to keep these things (kind of like the holiday itself) but I have to say that, due to the ride from Mo-Bay, we most likely wont be returning to this particular Sandals property (in Mo-Bay there are 3 different Sandals properties ... the Carlyle, the Royal and Sandals Mo-Bay which are all pretty much 5 minutes from the airport and this is what we prefer).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica