Sandals South Coast
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
US$46
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
US$132
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
TripAdvisor
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$609
Bookit.com
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$517
Bookit.com
Marblue Villa Suites(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,492 results
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shopgarden tourpot holeswhite nightred lane spajerk shackclub levelbutler servicepelican bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 10 night vacation at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica (April 4 to 14, 2014). We were scheduled to be at Sandals Carlyle however, there was a fire at the Carlyle ergo, 2 days prior to departure, we were told that we were going to the Whitehouse resort. We had considered this resort before however we didnt feel the additional road trip was worth the effort (1.5 to 2 hours from Mo-Bay airport). We still wanted to see the resort therefore we did not complain at this change. Our accomodations consisted of a 1 bedroom suite with Butler service. We have booked butler suites in the past at other Sandals resorts but David and Camille, who were our butlers at the Whitehouse, were just fabulous. Note that the main reason we book butler suites is the suite/not necessarily the fact that it comes with a butler. Camille and David surprised us a few times with things we truly werent expecting such as reserved (and decorated) tables at diner time and nice treats by the pool. This resort is quite large so make sure you are mobile and dont mind walking a little to get to where you need to go. Our room was excellent and, yes, there is some noise from the hallway etc. however if you've ever been to most resorts in the caribbean you would find the same thing occurs (if your flooring was in tile you would get this noise everywhere). Not an issue for us. As stated earlier, the resort is quite large however, everything you need is pretty much centralized (restaurants, sports, stores etc.). You merely have to make your way to them from your room. The food and service at the restaurants was excellent (our fave = Jasmine (Asian delights)). We did not get into the sports much but noticed that there were all kinds of things going on pretty much all of the time. The Sandals animator's were great (as weve found them to be at all Sandals resorts).

Short and sweet is the way I prefer to keep these things (kind of like the holiday itself) but I have to say that, due to the ride from Mo-Bay, we most likely wont be returning to this particular Sandals property (in Mo-Bay there are 3 different Sandals properties ... the Carlyle, the Royal and Sandals Mo-Bay which are all pretty much 5 minutes from the airport and this is what we prefer).

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean view so dont let that be your deciding factor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CanadianVacationers
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Positives: The location is amazing- beautiful place, extremely clean and well kept, with very kind and friendly staff- who pride themselves on delivering the best vacation. Chef Laire was amazing- personally catered to my life threatening nut allergy

Negative/Needs improvement:
1.This location has stray cats that cry out in the night- sounded like a baby crying. Unfortunately caused three sleepless nights for us- despite telling staff, they were unable to rectify.
2. When my designated Chef was unavailable to assist me with my food allergy, other staff were less knowledgeable about food content, therefore leaving me unsure and anxious regarding what was safe for me to eat. Several times I was left with conflicting answers re food content, and therefore I just didn't eat. To assist this- I would recommend an improved education plan for the food and beverage staff regarding life threatening allergies, and the use of signage at buffets to highlight the use of any nuts or pesto in dishes. For example - I would never have expected the use of pesto on fish.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This review is dedicated to any bride getting married or thinking about getting married at Sandals Whitehouse. When searching for a resort, wedding reviews were hard to find! In short, we could not have picked a more perfect place to get married. It's absolutely beautiful and the wedding staff goes above and beyond to ensure the process is smooth from start to finish. The pre-wedding planner had several calls with us prior to arriving to the resort and nearly every detail was worked out. Basically everything minus cake flavor, signature drink, and exact location of each wedding "event" was decided remotely. Once we arrived, we were handed off to the on-site wedding planner. We were so lucky to have Sebrina Campbell. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. A true professional and has such a way of putting every stress at ease. The videographer and photographers were awesome as well and we got some amazing shots. There are many wedding packages to choose from, really depends on what you are looking for. We went with the "Island Paradise" theme which is the top package, but the colors and flowers were perfect for us. We had 30 guests, which was the largest wedding we seen while we were there. The staff can accommodate groups large and small. Our package even included a pre-wedding celebration dinner which helped the guests get to know each other and made for a very fun evening. Every one of our guests raved about the food and the wedding overall. We had a DJ who really ensured the party kept going (despite our cancelled bonfire due to the rain which dampened the wood). I would like to mention that I personally did not have a good experience with the makeup trial at the spa, and ultimately did my own makeup. I met several brides while I was there and they shared in my concerns with the way makeup is done there. My hair on the other hand, turned out great! Also, my dress did return from being steamed with 4 stains on it (appeared to be dirty water from the steamer)...not saying this will be an issue for anyone else but just use caution. They did remove the charge for this inconvenience, but not the best feeling for a bride the night before the big day.

We opted for the butler suite and were in the Italian village. We had a corner room and the view was incredible. Our butlers were Joy and Keen. We are not high maintenance by any means, but they went above and beyond to ensure we were pampered during our stay. I highly recommend them!

Things I loved most about the wedding:
-getting married on the Italian beach (much quieter and great scenery)
-the wedding staff take care of everything and we got exactly what we wanted for our big day (special thanks to Sebrina and also Fabriella)
-all of the food was great
-the cake was delicious
-the signature drink "arctic orange" was a huge hit
-my hair was great
-the Dj kept the party going
-the decor was beautiful
-the entire staff including bartenders and servers tool great care of us and our guests (special about out to Shaneka and Lorenzo)
-the photography and videography was great (special shout out to Travon and Shelly)
-we had the "honeymoon registry" and ended up getting all the activities and excursions we requested plus some trip donations that really made our trip one to remember.

All in all, I wouldn't have changed a thing about the wedding itself. I highly recommend this resort for a destination wedding!

The resort in general is spectacular... breathtaking actually. All the food we had was amazing. The only "okay"
meal was at Giuseppe's. A bit disappointing, but could have been the entree we chose. Jasmines was our favorite for dinner. Breakfast at Bayside was consistently good...must have the omelets:) Bluefields was our favorite for lunch (jerk pork quesadillas), but the pizza at Giuseppe's really is terrific as everyone talks about!

I will be posting some pictures on here as wedding pictures were also hard to come by when we were looking:)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cariboo619
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We chose the least expensive location - after all - you are not there to spend much time in your room! Some noise with people moving their chairs on their balconies in early morning, and when service carts went along the outside walkway.

But - we looked over the pool and bar at the far end - Bluefields - noise was not a problem. We took our bags, books with us when we went to breakfast [ a 10 minute walk] and got chairs by the pool in the shade - shade is so important - that was where the action was. But - we wished that not so many activities were during the hottest part of the day - we are very sun conscious. Only went back to the room late afternoon for nap and shower.

Restaurants are great - loved the Cafe Paris where you could get cookies and ice cream at any time.

Drive to the resort was interesting - too many pot holes - you did not want to go off the resort for other activities.

Entertainment was good - I suggested they need to advertise who entertainers were in a bit more detail.

Loved the pool exercises - wished they were on every day. The exercise room is fully equipped and air conditioned! Did not like having to pay extra for wifi - when paying these prices, wifi should be included.

Loved our experience. Enjoyed the returning guest dinner - great food.

Room Tip: Get the least expensive - you don't really need a valet! All rooms face the water.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank runner94
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Resort is lovely but the logistics of getting there too much for me. Lots of variety in cuisine but it still all tastes the same to me. Best food in main dining is breakfast buffet. pizza at Italian is really good. Otherwise food is just basically average cruise food. It was a wonderful vacation w friends and gorgeous location and superb staff but it's the things that weren't great I always want to know about.

• Stayed: February 2014