My husband and I were at Whitehouse April 5 to 19. It was our fifth Sandals vacation and our third time at Whitehouse. Yes, the drive to/from the airport is long, but worth it in our opinion. Actually, it seemed shorter this time because we recognized landmarks which helped us to track our progress.
We stayed in a Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse Club Level Room in the Dutch Village, and it was lovely. The view across the pool to the ocean was spectacular. I could see the ocean while lying in bed! Our concierge, Allen, stopped by our room regularly to check on us and took very good care of us.
The food is very good (the lamb at Giuseppe’s is the best we have ever had). It’s the employees, though, who make Whitehouse a wonderful holiday destination. Karlene at Eleanor’s is a wonderful hostess and has a great staff : Fiona and Kemesha are very friendly and professional, and Plummer, who has only been serving for a few months, is a great addition. Caveta at Neptune’s bar greeted us with a smile and always knew that my husband wanted 12 year-old rum on the rocks. Synovia, Ashani and Gaville at Giuseppe’s were always happy to see us and provided top-notch service (We met Ashani on our first visit to Whitehouse and he still remembers our names. Quite remarkable when you consider how many visitors he meets!). My husband went on three dives and said dive crew were very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Special shout out to Errol at the main pool and Keisha in housekeeping (best towel artist!).
The grounds are beautiful and the beach is wonderful for long walks. We are early risers and never had a problem finding chairs in our favourite spot. The pools are clean and there was no shortage of floats.
We would definitely return to Whitehouse!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica