We visited Sandals Whitehouse in late February 2014. This was our first "Sandals" experience and aside from some travel issues it was the perfect vacation! Arriving in Montego Bay-being greeted and transferred to our resort was an aswesome experience. Yes, the road to the resort is a little scary at times but glad we had that time to experience the "true" Jamaica. Plus arriving at the resort is worth the drive-absolutely beautiful and their customer service is 2nd to none. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the French Village right above the busiest pool-our view was very pretty of the ocean and evenings were very quiet so no complaints from us on noice. We hung out at the pool or the beach and like everybody getting a beach chair requires getting up early and playing the game the same as any beach resort but not a big deal and later in the day there were always chairs available. We love sunsets and each night we were there we were blessed with beautful ones. Food was very good and waits not too long for the most part. One night we really dressed up and went to Eleanors-after checking in we were never called for a table so ended up never eating there but went to Bayside Grill. That was disappointing but no a huge deal. Loved the chocolate extravaganza and all the great entertainment each night-so much better than other resorts we have been to. We did do the catamaran trip to Pelican Island which was very fun and beautiful-wish we would have sailed a bit instead of motoring but still a great day. My husband went snorkeling and loved that. We got couple massages one day and the Redlane Spa was very nice. People for the most part were very friendly and we made some nice friends while there which made it very fun. Loved the Cafe' de Paris for coffee, treats and especially chocolate ice cream. A few little things-wished we would of had screens on our windows and sliding door for fresh air and to listen to the waves at night and would like to see non-smoking but those are minor and we loved our "Sandals" experience and look forward to our next vacation at one of their fine resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica