“Can't wait to go back!”

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just returned from Sandals Whitehouse. This was our second Sandals vacation and we loved every minute of it!!! From the beautiful and clean grounds and rooms to the great food and amazing staff. We had a great time. Juliane in the spa was wonderful- had to go back twice because she was so good- Luther our cabana butler for the day was wonderful as well. So attentive to our needs and made our day in he cabana very special. From all the great waiters and bartenders. All in all a great week!! Thanks for having such amazing resorts!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have been here for5 days, and have 5 more to go. This is our 2 FREE week. The level we were allowed to pick for free allowed us to upgrade to butler and we also added 3 additional days.our butlers, Keen & Joy are the greatest. Piper, who is in charge of the bartenders?is a pleasure to talk to about Drinks.everyone is so nice and helpful. I can't understand why some people say this is a bad property and give it bad reviews. They must not be happy with life and demand and expect more. So, they look for the worst, instead of making it work to their advantage. Food, drinks, guest parties, etc are some of the best. I get to meet people from all over. It is not good to isolate yourself and be miserable. Get out of your shell and try something different. You only live once, I love it here and will be back again and again. 580 acres of beautiful property and not another resort in sight.love the privacy location.property is so clean and the clean up right away after parties and weddings. First timers MUST get the Sandals Select.....it gives you points which are valued at money discounts for your next trip. I have met people from England, Texas, Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Room Tip: ALL rooms face the Ocean. Each Village has their own pool. Just be prepared for the 1 1/2 hour driv...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A short while back, my daughter and myself decided to try the Sandals experience for a change! We have stayed at many 5 stars resorts in many places. Upon arrival at the Whitehouse resort in Jamaica, we were greeted so warmly and we thought this would be our best vacation so far! We knew of course that Sandals target couples, but what a surprise to find out that no rooms offered 2 beds! Really? And, to make matters worse, once we left the lobby area in order to reach our room, the skies opened full blast. We had to walk to the French Village, the furthest building on the resort; therefore ruining my suede boots! But our luggage had the honor of travelling by cart.

Our accommodations looked great at first glance. Big, beautifully decorated. We settled in just fine but started noticing some “abandoned” corners. Do they not have vacuum cleaners for carpets? And what about shower curtains? Aren’t they washed regularly? Ours had a pungent smell and the toilet seat moved beneath us. We were happy as can be when we noticed that above the love seat, there were windows with screens. Of course, they were impossible to open and the patio door did not even have a screen. Coming from a much colder climate, what joy to open up and feel and smell the ocean breeze as opposed to air conditioning. The smoke detector went off so often that we had to have the battery removed in order to get some peace and quiet.

All the bar areas were INFESTED with wasps which was most unpleasant, as they were clinging to the bottles and also aiming at the fully prepared drinks. The beach chairs (a dime a dozen) by the ocean were not only uncomfortable but quite old and a few had broken back rests. The pool area had nice comfy lounging chairs. No wonder the party animals stayed beyond closing time. No security and none of the staff employees intervened.

One night, I felt ill and the manager was very obliging. He contacted the nurse who was very nice and professional. I was driven to and fro our unit. This personal attention was much appreciated.

I suppose we were expecting too much, especially after countless advertisements! Embellished to say the least…but, we noticed that if you had a suite with a butler and could afford the extra dollars, you were treated with “white gloves”. The rest? Very “Déjà Vu”. There is very stiff competition at other resorts and much better value for your money and the dress code is respected.

Room Tip: Shop around! But, look for butler suites if you must decide on Sandals!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank lynjovi
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sandals Whitehouse. We strive to keep the highest standard of quality and service and we deeply regret if we did not quite live up to your expectations.
We are grateful for all feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.
Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will afford us a chance to redeem ourselves during a stay that exceeds your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Whitehouse is very quiet , & tranquil. Great service. They take good care of you in the water. Like totally, it is rad, awesome & narly dude. It is tight, fly & off the chain. Now that is what I am talking about. It is by far the best in the industry in terms of value, price, quality, selections, etc. Two big giant thumbs up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edmond L
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I honeymooned here and it was perfect! The saying around the resort is that it is called the newly weds or nearly dead resort and this is because it is either people on their honeymoon or people in retirement, but the best part is that there are no families! If you are looking for a relaxing vacation this is perfect for the following reasons:

- Always lounge chairs available at the pool or on the beach
- Staff is extremely nice and accommodating (We ate at the Chinese restaurant, which I don't like and the staff was willing to go to another restaurant to get me food)
- Very Clean
- The food is good
- There is always a breeze to keep you cool (we did a day trip and had lunch at sandals Negril and it was VERY hot there)
- There is plenty to do at night, whether you go to the live shows they have or go to the martini for drinks and dancing.
- The spa is amazing! My husband and I got massages on the beach and it was one of the most relaxing things I have done.
- The bartenders are very friendly and keep it lively at the bars

There are few small complaints I have:
- The staff at the spa constantly comes around to try and get you to sign up for spa treatment and it can get annoying
- The service at the sit down restaurants is a little slow in my book, but that could be because I am from the New England area and we like everything to be done yesterday.
- The food is not that great at the Italian restaurant, but decent. This could also be because I am from an area of an area in New England where Italian food is very popular

If you are going to go to his resort I highly recommend upgrading to a butler suite. My husband and I had concierge, which was nice, but we met a couple who had a butler suite and it was VERY nice. The added convenience of a butler made it that much better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachael S
Reviewed 5 May 2014

For a first trip to Jamaica this was an excellent experience. I was a bit surprised to learn upon arrival that the resort is a 'couple's resort', however, even that didn't hold me back from having a great time. Between the service, the scenery and the excellent staff at Sandals White House my stay was one to remember. Aside from things outside of the resort's control (the bumpy, long ride to the property and the weather, which happened to be perfect) the resort itself was everything I could ask for. The staff was second to none but if I had to call out a bright spot among them it would be Karalee. If you don't know who Karalee is by the end of your trip then you stayed in your room far too long. She is everywhere! During the week she was in charge of a number of events and if you're in her veiw she WILL get you to participate. We hung out with her in the pool...at the events...played beach volleyball with her...danced at the Martini bar on a few occasions and she was even accommodating when we asked her to eat with us (during her break!). The staff as a whole was incredible. Everybody knew our names which was a really nice feeling. As a first experience at an all-inclusive resort I must say I had a great time and would not only go back to Jamaica but would surely go back to visit Karalee and Sandals White House again. A+

Room Tip: I stayed with another single friend. We traveled for a wedding and this was the only down side to t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank martyclark2
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Even though we've traveled extensively in the Caribbean, this was our first experience with a Sandals resort. We traveled from April 24th to May 1st, 2014 to attend my nephew's destination wedding.

We opted for a Butler one bedroom walkout (2104) in the Dutch village, which really is quieter. Our butlers, Mr. Keen and Ms. Joy, were truly EXCELLENT and really enhanced our stay at this resort. They were attentive and went above and beyond in granting our requests including pizza for a large group delivered to the Italian pool and a steak dinner at Giuseppi's when Eleanor's was not available due to a beach party. The waitress that evening at Giuseppi's whose name is Shamel was also excellent and really enhanced the evening making it very special.

The wedding was lovely, and the photographer, Sheldon, really did everything he could to help my nephew and new niece feel comfortable and cared for. He took fantastic pictures that will contribute to the many great memories of this event.

All that being said, when we were first notified of the wedding and planned to attend, I checked the Sandals website "before you go" for Sandals Whitehouse. On the website, it stated that Butler level rooms received private transportation via car. When both the travel agent and I called Sandals to check on this, we were informed this service was not available, even though it was CLEARLY STATED ON THE WEBSITE. Sandals refused to provide this service and subsequently changed the website. Regardless, we hired a private car service anyway. The ride to Whitehouse is approximately 1 1/2 to 1/3/4 hours. The ride was not bad at all but enjoyable with our driver, Mr. Stevens. Drinks and food were provided in the vehicle and Mr. Stevens acted as a tour guide and gave us much information about Jamaica and the areas through which we travelled. Well worth the money.

Our one bedroom walkout was lovely, and housekeeping was wonderful! The minibar was always well stocked and the room cleaned, including some very appreciated surprises from our butlers such as petals on the bed, a readied jacuzzi and champagne. Once again, Mr. Keen and Ms. Joy are the best butlers, EVER!

Previous reviews have listed the beach as poor and these reviews are correct. The beach itself is small, the sand on the beach is full of rocks and debris including a very large rusty nail. The water is warm but murky, and the "sand" underneath your feet feels like soft mud. I saw one small jellyfish on the surface of the water. A day later, some unfortunate gentleman was stung by a jellyfish. He came out of the water grabbing his chest and was attended to by a staff member from Sandals. A jellyfish also brushed by one of my sisters who had mild stings on her legs. I have to say this is the worst beach I have been to in the Caribbean.

This resort itself is beautiful, the service is great, and the pools are wonderful. It is a great setting as long as you don't intend to actually swim in the ocean.

One concern is that 11 members of our party booked a 3 hour snorkel trip onsite. On the day of this trip, they were only permitted to snorkel for 10 minutes as the crew on the catamaran said the water was "rough". They refused to refund any money even though the service they paid for was not provided. On returning home, we notified our travel agent. Hopefully, there will be some resolution regarding this issue.

The staff at this resort is pleasant, helpful and genuine. It is a shame the same cannot be said for Sandals management as persons contacted from management (ie. those contacted regarding the private transportation) were unhelpful and uncaring with seemingly no knowledge at all. I also do not appreciate Sandals varying levels of "all inclusive," which means you may or may not have room service etc. depending on how much you pay. I caution you to read the levels of service so you know what to expect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank mapetrozza
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sandals Whitehouse.

We were pleased that you enjoyed your time at the resort and with our wonderful staff members. Still, we realize that were a few aspects of your Sandals experience that you were not completely satisfied with and we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. Your feedback is valuable, as we are constantly evaluating our product and service so that we may continue to provide our guests with the best. Therefore, your comments have been shared with our Sandals Management team for immediate evaluation and action as needed.
We hope, that in the future, we will have the opportunity to serve you more efficiently.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
#8 of 64 in Montego Bay
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!