We were here for a week in March 2014. It was wonderful. Unlike the other Sandals resorts we visited, this one did not seem crowded even though it was completely booked! Of course, there were still those people that hoarded the pool floats even though they never used them. Thank goodness we had a butler that could bring us one.
Typical Sandals food. Some great, some average.
Same/Similar activities as other Sandals.
Sandals is great however, they are are very similar. We are scheduled to stay at Sandals Grenada in a week..
All inclusive travel is the way to go but I think we will look at other brands for future travel.
My only complaint is that there was a group of trashy people that were visiting from Canada. They had mouths like sailors and were an overall aggregation. You could move to the opposite side of the pool and still hear them because they were so loud. Several couples complained about their behavior and nothing was done. This group lost Sandals future business with several couples and definitely made my husband and I think about looking elsewhere. In fact, we considered canceling our Grenada trip. I understand that everyone is there for a good time but no one wants to feel like they are in a trailer park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica