“Our Favorite Sandals to date with one exception” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandals South Coast

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Pulaski, Tennessee
“Our Favorite Sandals to date with one exception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We were here for a week in March 2014. It was wonderful. Unlike the other Sandals resorts we visited, this one did not seem crowded even though it was completely booked! Of course, there were still those people that hoarded the pool floats even though they never used them. Thank goodness we had a butler that could bring us one.

Typical Sandals food. Some great, some average.

Same/Similar activities as other Sandals.

Sandals is great however, they are are very similar. We are scheduled to stay at Sandals Grenada in a week..

All inclusive travel is the way to go but I think we will look at other brands for future travel.

My only complaint is that there was a group of trashy people that were visiting from Canada. They had mouths like sailors and were an overall aggregation. You could move to the opposite side of the pool and still hear them because they were so loud. Several couples complained about their behavior and nothing was done. This group lost Sandals future business with several couples and definitely made my husband and I think about looking elsewhere. In fact, we considered canceling our Grenada trip. I understand that everyone is there for a good time but no one wants to feel like they are in a trailer park.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,027)
Yukon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have visited 8 Sandals properties and this one ranks toward the top! The resort is quite large and during the day, the guests were spread out between the beach and three separate pools, so it never felt congested. Typically, one would have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a chair by the pool (if you didn't have butler service), but this wasn't the case at Sandals Whitehouse. There was always a good selection of chairs available around the pool at any time of day. It had a great beach, which was quite long and didn't contain the typical sales people bugging you to buy something.

I found the property to be very clean and the people were super friendly. Another bonus was the choice of restaurants, no reservations required and there were no wait times in getting seated. The food was delicious and there was a great selection for any meal. I was extremely impressed with the service as the server would ask about any food allergies before anything else.

My only complaint about this resort was the bed. I woke up with a stiff neck and sore shoulder every morning. I'm sure that not all of the beds on the property are like this, however it was uncomfortable to say the least.

This property is not for the party animals out there as the night life shut down fairly early. The entertainment was great, but most of the guests would turn in around 10:30/11:00 pm after the evening gig was done. There was a martini bar for after hours entertainment.

It's a great place to relax and recharge yourself. I would re-visit this resort for sure.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are ocean view, it just depends on whether or not you want to enjoy the sunrise or...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Vanna_0010
TORONTO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

On arrival we proceed to the Sandals lounge where we were escorted to our private transfer that we booked for the ride to Whitehouse .Let me say the ride is about an hour and half along a road that is full of pot holes the size of craters and bends and turns not for the faint of heart would suggest taking the private car or the helicopter well worth the cost. On arrival at the resort we were checked in at the Club. Our room was in the Dutch village very nice overlooking the Dutch quiet pool and the Ocean. My Wife and I have been here before in 2007 the resort has changed for the better with all the shrubbery and flowers that have matured, amazing grounds. The beach is very long with a lot of cabanas to seat under; we had no problems getting chairs at the beach or the pools. It’s a little rocky near the shore when you first enter the ocean after that it’s fine, water shoes would be useful. There is three pools the main pool Riviera is the pool that has most of the activity, we stayed around the French pool as it wasn’t as busy or as loud plus they poured a better drink not as strong, the other pool was the Dutch or quiet pool for people that wanted to take it easy. For dinner the resort has six restaurants all of them are very good our favorite was Neptune’s service and food was excellent. In the morning having a coffee from Café De Paris and sitting watching the Peacocks was great very relaxing .Before dinner a martini at Casa Blanca is a must Romeo will mix and serve from the top of his head .After dinner Neptune’s is the place with Kevin and Keon serving up the drinks great vibe lots of places to sit and relax and enjoy the evening. The Staff and food is what sets Sandals apart from other resorts saying that the only down side to this Sandals is the staff sitting people, with the exception of Neptune’s all the other restaurants seemed to be disorganized, people where left waiting to be seated with no staff at the door .One of the highlights of our vacation was having dinner on the beach for our 35th Anniversary serve and food was fantastic. A tip keep your beach towel for the next day clean ones are a little slow coming out

Room Tip: book a room on the upper floors better view Water shoes for the Ocean keep your beach towel for th...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BOB107
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at Sandals Whitehouse for a week for our honeymoon. Couldn't have been happier with the resort. Beautiful scenery and wildlife, great food, and plenty of sun. The service was second to none, more companies should be run this way.

Room Tip: The concierge level is pretty clutch (bar in the room), though a 1.5 bathroom suite would be nice, t...
1 Thank Matt B
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

It was Reunion week,with lots of things to do. We took the heli from airport to the resort, it is a most to do at least once. Fantastic ride and you see so much.We also did Mobay which gets you in and out of the airports easier and faster. We stayed in the Italian village and our room was great, it was on the corner. Went to Club Sandals to do our check in which is more relaxing then the lobby that can be busy. Many people to thank this time to make our stay the best. Fizroy,Krystal at Club Sandals. Marsha,Nicola and Taniel and Shaniki at Bayside.Marsha greeted us almost every day with a awesome smile. The ladies sure took care of us for everything we needed. At the cafe Felecia and Sheree made our coffees and crepes, and it was so good!
We had a very special dinner at Jasmine that Sherwin make for us, oh so good!
One morning we went to learn about jerk chicken with Chef Laire, with another couple. The next day we had it for lunch and it was the best chicken ever! Love Chef Laire!!!
Our room was taken care of by Taquise, it was so nice to see all the towel art and our room so clean.Thank you Taquise. The property gardens and landscape is taken care of by many but
Oshoi is full of knowledge of anything you like to know about the gardens. Oshoi is very friendly and does tours.
There was many weddings on the beach that week,as the property is so beautiful.
All the staff at SWH are friendly and with smiles every day. Thank you for another awesome holiday!

Room Tip: The Dutch and Italian villages are quieter.
5 Thank Meow24
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our 6th SWH Vacation, this time we booked for Reunion Week April 21 and once more we were not disappointed. We stayed for 8 days this time. This review will highlight mostly the Stuff and Management.
This time we took the transfer by air and used Captain John's Island Hoppers (http://www.jamaicahelicopterservices.com/about.htm) we were at the resort in a fraction of the time, we have done the shuttle and private transportation, but by helicopter was fantastic, we traveled with another couple (great friends of ours) so this made the cost more reasonable, the consensus was we would do it again.
Upon arrival we were greeted with those amazing warm smiles from everyone along with a cold towel and refreshing drinks, then immediately taken to Club Sandals where we were greeted again by our Club Sandals good friend Fitzroy, let me just say this.....Fitzroy went beyond his duties to make sure we had the best time ever at SWH, he was outstanding, also must give great kudos to Sereika, Ava and Krystal, SWH Club Sandals workers are way above any other Sandals resorts Club Sandals we have stayed.
We were taken to our room #1324 in the Italian Village, this was a first for us, typically we stay at the Dutch Village and we were rather impressed we had an amazing view of the private pool, beach ocean and amazing sunrises as well as partial sunsets.
STUFF.....no matter where we went what restaurant we ate what bar we frequented the stuff was amazing, must mention a few that deserve that recognition....Copeland. Damion at the Dutch Bar. Cafe Paris, FELICIA, Samantha, Shanice and Shadae Brown thank you so much.
Bayside---Marsha what an amazing host/server, she always made our breakfasts and lunches so special, also at Bayside Taneil Forbes and our great friend Nicola Daley as well as the omelette queen Tamara, a huge thank you.
Jasmines: Thank you Sherwin you are the best, we ate twice this time here it's our favorite, the second dinner was amazing, Sherwin had a dinner prepared totally off the menu and the best we ever had. Thank you.
Main Desk: Thank you Davion Allen....you are a true professional at your job.
Grounds: No one is better than Oshoi....he sure takes pride on keeping the grounds immaculate and most important he has become a dear friend.
This is a partial portion of many stuff that deserve to be pointed out, to you all Thank you so much for being the best of the best at what you all do.
Reunion Week...we wanted to see what was all about, WH had a few special activities, I was disappointed with the Gala dinner, our first time ever at WH was during a RW and we were impressed with all the Gala dinner they put out for the returning guests, but this time was just like every other returning guest dinner they put out every week.
Management: The new GM Mr. Courtney Miller and I had a good talk and I was very impressed with his honesty, I am sure Mr. Miller will do have this resort hoping to his tune shortly....Thank you for taking the time to chat with me.
A huge thank you to all the Management after many visits we have gotten to know them well and they sure go out of their way to make sure we feel at home away from home, thank you Rick, Jeffrey, Neil, Paullette, Adrian and Kerone....I am sure missing some names and also misspelled so I ask for don't hold it against me....LOL.
Last but not least.....Executive Chef Laire, we had the pleasure of meeting Laire the last trip we took and quickly we became friends, this trip Chef Laire had a special treat for us and our friends, we had a private lesson on how to marinate Jerk Chicken and on the following day we had the pleasure of doing a BBQ of that marinated chicken we prepared, was absolutely succulent the best Jerk Chicken we ever had, have all this in video and will refer to it whenever I decide to duplicate it at home. Thank you so much Chef Laire you are a portrait of kindness and loving person.
Well in all we had the best trip ever to Sandals Whitehouse our home away from home, for those who are considering a trip to SWH don't hesitate you will not regret it. Yes there are a few issues but nothing that will stop us from going back we are already booked twice for 2015.

3 Thank gpm11
Seguin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sandals Whitehouse May 7th through May 11th. We rode in the Island Hoppers helicopter with another couple that we traveled with (our friends - thanks to them). The helicopter ride was absolutely amazing. It was a wonderful 25th birthday gift for me! My husband had booked a candle light dinner on the beach for us for my birthday, but when we arrived at the resort they said we were too late since the sales office was already closed. We had dinner at Bluefields with our friends instead. Damona, a server for candle light dinners, was so so incredibly sweet. She brought me a platter of desserts that said Happy Birthday in chocolate, a red rose, and led the singing of Happy Birthday to me. We chose to have her be our server for our actual candle light dinner the following night. We had dinner on the far side of the resort at the French beach. It was perfect. The food was amazing, the sunset was gorgeous, and Damona is truly a gem!

Overall, I was a little bit disappointed with the food compared to Sandals La Toc. There aren't very good options for lunch, especially at Bluefields. The Jerk Pit was kinda disgusting. The pizza was okay. I'm not sure if the lunch food at Neptune's or Bayside were any better. The food for dinner was pretty good, but we were very sad that we missed the Returning Guest Dinner. There was NO LOBSTER :( Apparently the resort doesn't serve lobster between April 1 and June 30. The employees said that the rest of Jamaica doesn't really follow this "out of season" program but the resort definitely does. It was very sad to not get lobster. For the candlelight dinner, they replaced the lobster on the plate I chose with scallops.

The shows in the evenings were quite fun, especially the steel drum band called Silver Birds on Saturday night. They were awesome!!!!!!!

We did the excursion to the Pelican Bar. The catamaran was so fun, and there was a full bar and DJ booth onboard the whole time. It took about an hour or so to get out to the Pelican, but it was totally worth it. Floyd, the owner, was actually at the bar so it was fun visiting with him. We did order the food at the bar; we had one fish plate and one conch plate. The food was pretty bad, and I wish we wouldn't have ordered it but the beer tasted great!

You have to definitely take a walk all the way down past the French beach and check out with the security guard. It's well worth it. The beach is beautiful, and we almost walked all the way down to the little island. It was so much fun.

The bar tenders on the French side were amazing. Delroy, Dex, Marlon, Jermaine, Rudain, and the others were all funny and so entertaining. They were quick and always seemed to be happy. Also, as a side note, it rained every single day for at least an hour. Usually around 4:00 pm. This was great timing to go up to the room and get ready for dinner. It also makes sure that the plants and vegetation on the resort are absolutely amazing!!!

My disappointments:
1) The food was not nearly as good as I was hoping. I was disappointed with lunch especially and even the desserts in Cafe Pari were not impressive.
2) The beach has rocks as you try to enter the water. I'm not sure if the resort put these to make sure the sand didn't erode, but it's very unpleasant. The Dutch beach is suffering severe erosion issues.
3) The resort was unable to send our luggage to the airport in the early bus since it was "full". Therefore, after we got out of the helicopter, we had to wait for at least 45 minutes outside of the Montego Bay airport until our luggage arrived on another random bus from the resort. This was a huge inconvenience. But, the helicopter ride is fabulous!
4) The couples massage is super expensive although we always do enjoy it!

Overally, we had a wonderful time at Whitehouse celebrating our 1st anniversary and spending time with our friends. We ended up booking a 2nd anniversary trip with them as well to Sandals Emerald Bay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the last building of the French village. It's a lot of walking, but I liked that...
2 Thank SabrinaReiley
Sandals Montego Bay
#9 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,153 reviews
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!