We attended a wedding formy son and daughter in law at this resort in may 2014. This resort has at least 4 weddings a day year round. Times offered 11, 1, 3,4 and sunset for an extra fee. My son swedding was recommended at 4 pm by the resort staing the sunset would be perfect timing for after the ceremony at no additional charge. May is the rainey season in westmoreland jamaica and according to all personnel at the resort it rains every afternoon between 1 pm and 6 or 7 pm. We were there for 5 nights and it rained every afternoon during this time. So I know the resort cannot control the weather, but they can and should have a backup contingency plan in place for inclimate weather for scheduled weddings. Our wedding was at 4 pm...it rained ..we were contacted at around 5 stating we would have to move the wedding indoors. We were all dressed and ready for a ceremony that did not take place until 6pm with little to know contact for the delay tomove indoors. When we were told they were ready we had to request a golfcart for the bride to ride in during tbe downpour...wgich they reluctantly provided. The wedding then took place in a conference room in front of a partician wall! We were all frustrated and tired from waiting 2hours past our booked time to get married at 4, so nothing was said. I am very disappointed in this hotel, their management and wedding advisors. We all paid lot of money for the "sandals" experience and a beach wedding. There are beautiful indoor are throughout this resort but after waiting 2 hours for the ceremony... best sandals could offer was a conference room in front of a plain wall??? This was totally unacceptable and unprofessional customer service. After waiting 2hours past our time..we expected at the least a wedding arch or something. Our whole experience at this hotel was a disappointment...from being treated rudely by staff in the italian restaurant and the coffeeshop daily to most all evening entertainment being canceled to the weather..I would not recommend this resort and the extra money you will spend for a less than stellar experience. We have visited jamaica 5 times and this overly priced resort was by far the worst trip there. My recommendation have an alternate plan in place for rainey weather and/or move the wedding to another time or day if it rains every day in may in the afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica