“wedding at whitehouse sandals jamaica”

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Charlotte, North Carolina
“wedding at whitehouse sandals jamaica”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We attended a wedding formy son and daughter in law at this resort in may 2014. This resort has at least 4 weddings a day year round. Times offered 11, 1, 3,4 and sunset for an extra fee. My son swedding was recommended at 4 pm by the resort staing the sunset would be perfect timing for after the ceremony at no additional charge. May is the rainey season in westmoreland jamaica and according to all personnel at the resort it rains every afternoon between 1 pm and 6 or 7 pm. We were there for 5 nights and it rained every afternoon during this time. So I know the resort cannot control the weather, but they can and should have a backup contingency plan in place for inclimate weather for scheduled weddings. Our wedding was at 4 pm...it rained ..we were contacted at around 5 stating we would have to move the wedding indoors. We were all dressed and ready for a ceremony that did not take place until 6pm with little to know contact for the delay tomove indoors. When we were told they were ready we had to request a golfcart for the bride to ride in during tbe downpour...wgich they reluctantly provided. The wedding then took place in a conference room in front of a partician wall! We were all frustrated and tired from waiting 2hours past our booked time to get married at 4, so nothing was said. I am very disappointed in this hotel, their management and wedding advisors. We all paid lot of money for the "sandals" experience and a beach wedding. There are beautiful indoor are throughout this resort but after waiting 2 hours for the ceremony... best sandals could offer was a conference room in front of a plain wall??? This was totally unacceptable and unprofessional customer service. After waiting 2hours past our time..we expected at the least a wedding arch or something. Our whole experience at this hotel was a disappointment...from being treated rudely by staff in the italian restaurant and the coffeeshop daily to most all evening entertainment being canceled to the weather..I would not recommend this resort and the extra money you will spend for a less than stellar experience. We have visited jamaica 5 times and this overly priced resort was by far the worst trip there. My recommendation have an alternate plan in place for rainey weather and/or move the wedding to another time or day if it rains every day in may in the afternoon.

7 Thank Robin D
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello Robin,

Thank you for your review of Sandals Whitehouse. We were quite disappointed to note that your recent visit with us for your son's wedding did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the time you took to send us your feedback and I will be sharing this information to with the General Manager and relevant departments for immediate review and adjustments as needed. We strive to deliver a wonderful experience for everyone involved in such a special event and we are always saddened to know if we fell short in any regard. Please accept my sincere apology for any shortcoming on our part. I encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at 1-888-SANDALS if you have any further concerns about your stay. They will be happy to assist in any way possible.
Thank you once again for all of your input.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,074)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What can it say, But Great Overall Team Effort and Success Sandals Whitehouse! From the time you arrive after (Yes) a fun bumpy 90 min ride through the beautiful mountains of Jamaica to the day we had to go back home. Team Whitehouse Won the Day and The Week!

Let me start with the Grounds which are absolutely beautiful and the Landscaping Team begin with Sun up, from the beautiful lawns, the all the varieties of Flowers, bushes and Trees!

When our Van arrived they immediately greeted us with wet lemon scented wash clothes to freshen up before your check in. We followed a nice guide to the Club Sandals for our check in (Well Worth the extra money to get a Club level/Conciere Level Room) Crystal and Fitzroy do a great job of helping out with various needs you may have during your stay at the Club.

After about 10 mins in the Club where they provided our first drink a. Jamaica Jump Start and a brief orientation, they took us to our 4th floor room in the Dutch village over looking the pool and the Ocean! What an Awesome View. Since it was around 4:15 we unpacked and took a walk around the beautiful grounds and found ourselves at Cafe De Paris (awesome bakery, Crepes, and many variety's of Coffee drinks) made personally by a great team of ladies morning and night, and had our first of many Nutella Banana Almond Crape!!

My wife and I tried every Restaurant and they all stood out as the food was always very tasty and the Service was always very good.

The rooms are quite nice, we were in the top floor of the Dutch building and the rooms are spacious and housekeeping team does a great job of keeping them clean and the evening Turn Down was also a very nice touch!

I would have to say the Service we received from Damion and Fitzroy Bartenders at the Dutch pool was just awesome! Even when there was lots of request for special drinks these two always provided Top Shelf Service and did it with a smile!

I also cannot forget Dwayne the Life Guard every morning at 6:00 AM there would be Dwayne Cleaning the Dutch Pool area, raking the beach and always doing it with a pleasant smile and good morning!

A special Thank You to Lucille at The Italian Restaurant and The Great Team at the Bakery always provided excellent service!

Great Job Sandals White House!

Room Tip: Penthouse Suites Well Worth it
6 Thank Robert A
Strasburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Husband and I traveled to Sandals Whitehouse May 21-30 and it felt as though we were in Paradise for 10 days! The airport transfer went very well and we enjoyed knowing exactly where our pick up would be inside the airport as Sandals has a lounge there and they have your name on a list and get you on a transfer pretty quickly from what we experienced. You can use a more private bathroom in the lounge and get a drink, snack or whatever for the ride to the resort. They are very good at marking your luggage as well to make sure everything arrives safely. You get a ticket that goes with each piece of luggage as well. If anything would get misplaced they can track it with that ticket.
The ride to the resort I felt was not that bad. I am from PA so am used to the roads not being good in places and really did not feel they were really out of the ordinary for a place that sees a lot of bad rain at times. I can experience motion sickness so did take some non drowsy Dramamine before the plane ride and then took another one just for the ride. The roads do twist a lot through the mountains.
Upon arrival our room was ready and we were shown to our room by an escort. We were given a tour along the way as to where things were. We were set up in The Italian Village which was very nice on the 2nd floor. We were booked into a Luxury Beachfront room which was perfect for us. No need for a butler for us and this category still had the refrigerator with soda, water and juice. Also no need to pay extra for alcohol in your room since you will have plenty on the resort. I would be ready for water actually! I would get a drink and take it along up to our room at the end of the night to drink and leave the glasses at the sink. That seemed to be ok since nobody ever said otherwise.
The room was nice with a large king sized comfortable bed and linens. They have extra pillows and blankets in your closet if you need them which we did. If not, just call the front desk I am sure they will bring whatever you need. The room was a little smaller than I was used too but it was clean and cozy and seemed that everything was set up so you had everything you could possibly need. They had good TV channels available. The balcony was also very small but it was comfy to sit on after being at the beach all day. There is an actual window as well which brings in better light. I wish there would have been screens in it and the windows would have opened to be able to enjoy the sound of the waves at night though. The tree frogs are very loud here just be aware if your a light sleeper you may want earplugs. They did not bother me at all, I actually enjoyed them.
The food here was very good! We especially liked Neptunes and Eleanore's. The seafood pot at Neptunes was my favorite dish all week and the filet at Eleanore's. The jerk pit was very good too! The breakfast buffet was perfect every morning! We did have crepes one day too! The Café De Paris was the best!!! Every day before going up from the beach to our room we would get coffee and treats. All the food was good. The drinks were good too. Jamaican food is good to begin with-you will not get sick on this island which makes it so much better than a lot of the destinations you can choose from. They serve decent wine which is a plus as well. I never ordered any specialty wines but you do have that option with your dinner-there is a charge but you can get it.
There was plenty of room when were there at the pool and beach. We spent most of our time at the beach. It was so pretty. The sand was nice and the water was clear. Do bring water shoes as there is sea urchins in there water there. We saw a few people step on them. They were out along rocks ect and not in the swimming area though. We stayed in the designated swimming area and did not have any issues when we did not wear our water shoes but when we went exploring out further wore them and were fine. It is nice to see the more natural water but then you will have issues you should be aware of. When you snorkel make sure that you do not swim into the reef. It is high up and you should stay clear and look at the higher points from the side of the reef. This was not explained by the people who take you out and you need to be aware that you should not touch or run into it as it is not good for the reef and it will cut you quite good.
We took the excursion out to the Pelican Bar. This was a highlight of our vacation and we will never forget it! We did not take anything to leave at the bar but please do! We had our names carved into the driftwood. The catamaran ride was the best I have ever been on. The catamaran is right at the resort and the staff was so nice. They take pictures that you can buy then from the trip. They actually take pictures the whole time you are there and just attach them to your room. We set up a photo shoot and had formal ones taken too. We bought a little package at the end that included a picture frame and Sandals photo album. They really take there time to make sure you like your pictures so make sure to have enough time because they work so hard to make sure you like them. We had made other plans the night we had ours and had to rush our photographer and wished we could have took more time for the pictures. They were very nice.
The wait staff was the nicest I have every experienced anywhere we have been. I especially have to thank Cleighton at the water sports! Finally my Husband and I went sailing on the Hobie Cat. No only that but we kayaked as well. It was so much fun.
Also I have to thank Anna for making the pool bar so fun! We will forever miss hearing someone call out Alice!! Donny!!! everyday!!! I wish I could have brought her home with me. What a pleasant, sweet person.
We saw a lot of weddings when were there and if you are planning one then this should be on the top of your list! It was perfect for weddings and romance and relaxation.
We needed this vacation more than ever this year as my Father passed away in January after a long illness and this was a first class way to put me in the "healing" direction.
I thank the Jamaican people for helping to "heal my very soul" for this I will never forget this trip or the people I met-to Jamaica and Sandals Whitehouse we say Thank You!!!! Until we see you again you will forever live in our hearts!

Room Tip: I would say to stay in the Italian village because it is closest to everything but if your young the...
9 Thank AroseMowry
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A friend recommended this place to us, and I've never been to a better place in my life! It was a great honeymoon destination.... great pool, amazing food, and areas for any type of person (calmer areas but also has great nightlife). The staff was incredible and the room was always clean. Don't let the cab ride to the resort bum you out... it's worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer C
seattle
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the 3rd Sandals that my husband and I have visited, and the friendly service that we received was outstanding. Everywhere we went people were smiling and asking us how we were doing. We were there to celebrate my husband’s birthday, as well as my brothers. There were 6 of us and we all travelled there together using Amy McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services.

I read a LOT of the reviews before we went and was expecting the roads to be catastrophic, but in reality, they were bad compared to the US, but the drivers did so well trying to avoid the pot holes that I believe that is why it took us 90 minutes to get there. If you want to avoid the roads, PAY for your car ride. As soon as we got to the resort they greeted us with a cold towel, and brought us champagne while we did paperwork. We were there early so our rooms were not ready, so they walled us to the restaurant so we could have lunch. Peacocks walked around everywhere! It was so cool! They brought us drinks and food quickly, and as soon as we were done are rooms were ready.

The rooms were very nice with a great view. The shower kind of sucked, but oh well, we were at the pool most of the time. I want to give a shout out to a few great people at the resort: Renaldo has the same birthday as my husband and helped us celebrate by the pool bar all day. He is so entertaining! Of the entertainment staff, Cheldon and my brother really bonded, and Wayon was so nice- they always greeted us by name when they saw us. Angelita is on the microphone by the main pool and she is so friendly! Fletcher is up in the Martini Bar, and he made sure to take care of our group. Thank you guys so much for helping to make our stay so memorable!

There were a few mishaps as there are on any vacation. First, they had trouble recognizing when people had too much to drink, unless we specifically let them know to be cut off. That was disappointing. It should be obvious. Also, at Eleanor’s restaurant they only have 1 table to accommodate a larger party so we had to be taken to another restaurant to be seated. If there were only 2-4 of us it would have been fine, and we understood that, it was just disappointing. They also want to make sure that you are at the airport with plenty of time, so we had to be out front to get picked up at 8 am for a 12:30 flight. We were at the airport with over 2.5 hours to do nothing! That was really crappy, as I would have liked to enjoy some time at Sandals before we left.

The food was great, Neptune’s was our favorite for the main course, the sushi and miso soup at Jazmin’s was incredible, and the dessert at the pizza place was amazing! The pizzas were also very good, and great for a party at the pool bar! :) We met some incredible people (a shout out to London with a Mike and Queen Bee; and also to our Austrian friends Mike with the dragon tattoo and his beautiful wife- I don’t know what we would have done if you were not there to help my brother down the stairs –Thank you!)

The weather was hot and beautiful, and although it rained every day at least once it was still warm and only lasted for about an hour. We got to go snorkeling and out on the glass bottom boat. This resort has everything that you need to have a great time and they do their best to accommodate you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Ask for rooms NOT on the first floor if you want a great view. The Dutch building was awes...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
12 Thank IrelandGirl1
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I came to this resort for our "WeddingMoon" on 5/25/14. We were sad to leave, and have already made plans to return! Everything about this resort is awesome! From the moment you arrive everyone you meet is so friendly and so pleasant. All of the wonderful people at the resort are overly accommodating and more than willing to help with whatever you need. We picked this resort after reading many of the reviews stating that this was the more relaxed of the Sandals Resorts. This was true. This was the perfect location to have our wedding and celebrate our honeymoon. Something about this place brings out the love in every couple. The romance is definitely in the air here.
All of the restaurants were delicious, but Eleanor's was our favorite. For breakfast and dinner Eleanor's was the place to go. The jerk pit was also great. Neptunes was our second favorite. My husband was able to get his sugar fix from Café de Paris. (They make a delicious Brandy Alexander). We had awesome service everywhere we went! I've never had such great service anywhere I've ever been. My husband and I were amazed by how attentive all of the servers were.
The biggest surprise was the entertainment. I thought that the shows and events would be a little cheesy, but everything was so much fun! Everyone participates in everything so it is hard to not get involved, even if you don't plan on it. During Jamaica they day, they had an awesome show telling Jamaica's history through dance. I was amazed by how awesome the show was! The dance party on the beach and the quizzes and games at the main pool during the day were also fun and interesting. If you get a concierge room, the concierge office has their own events during the day. They have their own signature drink, they will make your room reservations for you and they have games you can come get at any time of the day. Even when they leave for the evening your room key gives you access to the office. We partied at the Martini Lounge every night and it never got old. In fact each day was more fun than the last. Everyone gets a little liquid life in their system and cuts loose on the dance floor.
We got married at the resort and our wedding could not have been more beautiful. Our wedding planner, Sebrina, was so sweet. She baby stepped us through the process the day before the wedding and was beyond patient with us. Our photographer...words cant describe fantastic he is! Unfortunately, I cant remember his name. :( Our pictures all came out so beautiful that I get lost in my Jamaica dreamland every time I look at them. He did an awesome job capturing our love story via camera.
All in all this place is beyond wonderful! It is a very beautiful, well maintained resort. The energy of this place consumes you in the nicest way. Its more of a sophisticated fun. I didn't see any drunken madness, but we shared some laughs over several drinks with some really interesting people. Quite of few of the people we met at the resort stated that this Sandals was their favorite out of the others they had visited. We said we would try a different resort next time, but its hard to imagine anyplace better than this! Treat yourself and go!!!

Room Tip: We had a concierge room on the 4th floor in the Italian Villa. We were upgraded upon arrival to a ro...
8 Thank Brandi G
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our experince at Sandals Whitehouse topped the charts for an all-inclusive resort. We had a concierge room in the Italian Village section with a true ocean front room with a spectacular view. All restaurants served top menu items that were served by staff that showed us a top rated restaurant service at a resort. We receive a meal presentations that were very satisfying. This is not your buffet line feedbag dining experience that you receive at poor quality , overflow plate , herd systems at other all-inclusive resorts. Sandals demonstrates that an all-inclusive does not need long lines and weak cocktails. Cocktails were made with quality brand liquors and the selection of Beringer wines complemented the dinners at the various restaurants. The Italian restaurant had an efficient buffet for our antipasto beginning, and high quality dinners that we selected from the menu. The quality of the food was excellent and we , being of Italian heritage, know what it takes for a good Italian meal. Each restaurant had a unique menu and if you want a burger, the Bluefield grill the oceanfront serves them as well. There were daily and evening activities for couples. Island excursions are available for bookings. There was a Jerk Chicken stand on the beach for a quick lunch. The main pool was very large and pool activities were offered daily. The beach, although not long to the water, was kept immaculate by the staff. The Spa staff went beyond expectations for top level services. The only challenge was the trip from the airport to the resort as the Jamaican government is in the process of upgrading the main road to the resort and a county roads serve up a bumpy trip that curves through the countryside for a 90 minute ride from the airport. We recomend Sandals Whitehouse to couples that desire great service at an all-inclusive resort that gives you a 5 star hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,787 reviews

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!