we booked the sandals resort for one weeks stay in May 2014 for a very special occasion which we had saved up for over a year for this special holiday. Unfortunately they really need to address the attitude of there manager and front desk staff. Being an Englishman I don't rant and rave and it's seems they only respond to people who make a scene and should loud enough. we had informed them of our special occasion months before we had even travelled and HAD filled in an online booking in form 7 days before we travelled to speed up our checking in process - what a load of rubbish that was, having endured a 9 hour flight, followed by 2 hours back breaking journey via unmade roads to get to the resort late afternoon I informed them I had checked online as instructed 7days previously only to be rudely told NO you have to fill in this form, when I questioned this saying already done this, the guy was very rude and said I must of been mistaken!
In other words fill it in or stay somewhere else! The resort is lovely and the down to earth bar & restaurant staff are great, piano bar fantastic including the lovely bar staff there. But seriously the front desk staff really need to change there attitude to paid customers. On the day before we were due to leave news got around about the locals barracking the road access to the whitehouse to stop anyone going in or coming out of the resort which meant we couldn't get out on our planned trip which was very annoying and quite frightening at times to think that the locals are that angry with sandals, the police turned up and then were later sitting in the restaurant at the resort eating dinner! I think sandals should help sort out the problems with these roads and it should also be mentioned in there brochure that you have to endure this very bumpy and uncomfortable 2 hours journey from the airport. Finally we celebrated our special occasion, unnoticed and unresponsive to sandals, who opening say in there brochures "celebrating a special occasion" let us know! Other couples we met had been given a bottle of cava which would of been a nice gesture.
Finally, Asked to speak to manager before we left to go home he wasn't available or wouldn't show his face, let the other staff take the flack. I did put in a complaint to sandals when I got back home only before they sent me a feedback form, and I'm still waiting for a reply 6 weeks later from the manager of the whitehouse resort.......which leaves a bad taste in mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica