We booked this vacation a year ago when we left Sandals Antigua. Antigua was wonderful!!! Looking forward to Jamaica we leave Detroit....let me say we read on other reviews that it was an hour and a half drive from the airport. We were not told this when we booked and we're told we would be upgraded to a club level room because we were Sandals Select members. We arrive at the airport and proceeded to the Sandals lounge. After a short wait we were escorted out to begin our journey. It was us and another couple that crawled in to a white van that felt and sounded like it was going to fall apart. We began our journey. .. Over the river and through the woods on a curvy very narrow road. The man behind us was super sick as was I. We ask the driver to stop about 45 minutes through the ride and he said he would when he found a safe place. We stopped for about 5 minutes before we continued the same another hour. 1 hour and 45 minutes after we started we arrive at the resort only to encounter our next problem....no room upgrade and a room that is a lot worse than a Fairfield Inn ( at least the Fairfield Inn has free Wi Fi ). Talked to one of the managers ( you will NEVER be able to speak with the General Manager so don't waste your time.
) who told us to give him a few minutes and he would see what he could do. We waited another hour and a half only to be put in th en same room... ( he said they were totally booked and could not do anything for us.) Again ask for the G.M.!!! No luck. This same person said just give him 24 hours to take care of the problem..He would call us back...that was June 14 and still haven't heard from him or the GM. My advice is don't let someone at the comeback soon desk book anything for you unless you get every single detail in writing on their stationary.
I cannot hold the I'm sure hourly employees accountable for 3 people's actions. The employee were great. Trace Ann in the "Jerk. Chicken and Pork" hut is wonderful!!!! Kendrick ( a waiter at the Bluefish Grill) was great.... we ate there twice because of his service. My husband talked with someone named Heidi who was also very nice. Food was very good...not great but very good. Pool area very nice. Resort clean.
Would we return...or recommend to a friend...NO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica