Overall, our Whitehouse trip was GORGEOUS!
Let me go over the few things that we found to not like, then all that I did :)
1st, the restaurnats are VERY unorganized. No matter which one we went to, we had to order something, more than once. That is extremely frustrating. Most of the time it was a drink, but still. The problem being - that you have 5 different people trying to take care of your table at once, and they all get confused and forget things. Also, for seating. They have a hostess who seats you, but also takes your drink order?! Most of the time. This didn't always happen, but it did often - especially for breakfast.
2nd, the playmakers were boring. Coming from St. Lucia where the playmakers are great - we were quite disappointed. The main pool was boring too, the music was hardly loud enough to hear most of the time. Luckily, the bartenders were able to help make the pool a little bit of fun. So props to Keon (for always singing since the music was barely hearable), and Renaldo who was an absolute joy to be around - always joking around! They make the best drinks too!
3rd, our turn down service was very late some nights, 9/10:00 so we often turned it down because by 10PM we were already in bed. The nightlife was very quiet here - once again, a disappointment because prior we were in St. Lucia (which has a great nightlife).
4th, I pre-ordered and had liquor imported specifically for my husband (which I paid a pretty good price for) that was supposed to be in our room upon arrival, it wasn't. They had to go hunt it down and didn't even know about it. They called our room after it had been delivered apologizing and saying they didn't care that type of rum on their resort. Yes, I know - hence why I paid to have it imported and placed in our room for arrival. Again, with the organization thing.
5th - We set up a photoshoot at a specific time, that I booked way prior to arrival. It's a good thing we stopped in to confirm it - because they had no record of it. so we were able to do our shoot the day we booked, as planned. Unfortunately - we waited for a photographer for a little while which in turn ended up running into our candlelight dinner. We also got an inexperienced photographer. These were our 1 year anniversary photos and we were very much so looking forward to great pictures. Some were great- but we didn't get what we really wanted, and were disappointed. The young man that took our photos was very great, and halfway through the photos one of the other photographers did come along to help him.
The rooms were great, but the whole time we were there our room was never under 70 degrees - even though we had it set as low as it would go.
The food was absolutely amazing!
Giuseppe's had pretty good Italian food! My favorite was the pasta fagioli soup, and the spaghetti bolognese!
Jasmine's was DELICIOUS! Their curry chicken dish was absolutely AMAZING! I insisted on going back more than one! YUM!
Eleanor's also had great food! They also have a "surprise" dish to begin your evening meal!
Cafe De Paris was absolutely awesome, great for coffees and late night snacks!
Bayside is always great, although during the day - I wish they were open for more than 2 hours for lunch. They have quite the variety of food for each meal! So awesome because you are able to try so many different things!
Bluefields- also, YUM! Their chicken patty's are a MUST TRY!
The Jerk Pit - was okay. The food was VERY good, but ask for extra sauce - because the extra really makes the chicken (or pork). Be prepared though, they chop the bone up with the chicken so be careful when eating that you don't swallow a bone.
As usual, the concierge was great. It's the way to go. Check in was nice and easy after the hour and a half horrible ride to the resort. The first half of the trip is okay - it's the second half that is bad. They also organized our candelight dinner special for us, because the original menu for us was alot of seafood - and we don't like that. They took an order for us from Giuseppe's and our candlelight dinner was perfect.
A to the Z was absolutely awesome! I was taking photos walking around the resort and he stopped me and was speaking to me for a good half hour about my camera! He showed me some new things for shooting in the lighting and overcast skies of Jamaica! I was very excited that he took that time with me!
The fire pits were beautiful, and very relaxing!
The beach was well groomed, but if your a beach person - this is not the place to visit. The beaches are very small, and the water isn't great.
We did 2 catamarans - one to the Pelican Bar - the other for snorkeling. Both wonderful experiences. I highly recommend both of them! The Pelican Bar is just amazing, and something you will never see again. The snorkeling brought us to a sandbar close to the coral where we seen some amazing things! (Including little baby squid! SO cute!)
The spa! We ended up with 2 massages - one because I booked it before we left, and the other because I found out we had a 150.00 spa credit, both were great! The therapists were wonderful and friendly.
My favorite part - and what really made my trip is how absolutely beautiful the grounds are.
Overall, we didn't stress the small things and enjoyed ourselves. While we had more "fun" in St. Lucia, we were able to have a much more relaxing time at Whitehouse. We re-booked for 2015 - but we are not 100% sure that we are going to keep that reservation or move it to another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica