“Honeymoon Happiness thanks to Beach Bum and Sandals Whitehouse”

Sandals South Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Houston
“Honeymoon Happiness thanks to Beach Bum and Sandals Whitehouse”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse, and it was perfect. We wouldn't have changed a thing!
Let me start by thanking Carey at Beach Bum for picking the perfect location for us! I gave her such a large list of likes and dislikes I thought it would be impossible to find the perfect spot, and she did just that. She also assisted us with multi-city airfare due to a destination wedding and planned all of our excursions and a romantic dinner for us. I literally didn't have to do a thing!

The resort/ room: It's beautiful. Everyday that I woke up there were so many people working on the grounds to make sure that they were immaculate. We stayed in a "Penthouse Butler Suite" in the Dutch Village. The room or rather rooms were spacious and cozy - I felt right at home! The bed was super comfortable, and who doesn't love an extra large Jacuzzi bathtub? It was also great to have to separate rooms - if the hubby wanted to sleep in, I didn't bother him at all and was able to enjoy the amazing view from my balcony while eating breakfast and having coffee! Of course our butlers Davion and Damion were awesome and always had treats and surprises for us.

The Pools: We ONLY swam at the main pool. It was amazing. Keon - what an experience. I feel in love with him. He was fun, and he made it such a great experience. By my second day he knew what I was drinking and always took care of us. Sure, there are bees around the pool bar area, but they never bothered us at all. But what do you expect with all that sugar sitting around? Everything was clean and neat and well kept - and the drinks were awesome. I tried them all I think, but my favorite was lime vodka lemonade on the rocks. YUM!

The Food: It was good - not great, but good. We are from Houston, and I am a huge foodie. I went in knowing I wasn't going to get that, but we enjoyed most everything we ate - the only place we didn't try was Bluefields. Room service was great and spot on. AND THE JERK PIT: We ate here every day for lunch or a snack, whatever, it was a necessity! The jerk chicken literally changed my life.

We are already planning to go back in February.This time we did stay in a butler suite because it was our honeymoon and Davion and Damion were fantastic, next time we may look into concierge level, but it all depends on how we feel when we book - we aren't really "needy," so didn't utilize the butler service the way I am sure most people do - BUT, everything we asked them to do was done and done to perfection, we had beautiful tables and reservations for dinner every night, great snacks, fun treats, pool side chairs reserved with a loaded cooler - they also took care of all of our check in and out processes.

I am spoiled, I stay in five star hotels, and I like to eat at great restaurants - you have to remember you aren't in America. All of the reviews that have negative things to say seem to be silly and obscure - and from what I've read come from people who need to stay at the Ritz in a major US city.

Best Resort I've been too - I love it. See you in February Whitehouse! Carey, we can't wait to work with you again!

Thank you to all of the amazing staff at Sandals Whitehouse, thank you to Davion and Damion for making it so memorable and special, thank you to Keon (and all of the other bartenders as well) for rocking the bar and making it so much fun and a GIANT THANK YOU TO BEACH BUM AND CAREY for making this whole thing possible!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
24 Thank KCline41

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,089)
Cairo, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall, our Whitehouse trip was GORGEOUS!
Let me go over the few things that we found to not like, then all that I did :)

1st, the restaurnats are VERY unorganized. No matter which one we went to, we had to order something, more than once. That is extremely frustrating. Most of the time it was a drink, but still. The problem being - that you have 5 different people trying to take care of your table at once, and they all get confused and forget things. Also, for seating. They have a hostess who seats you, but also takes your drink order?! Most of the time. This didn't always happen, but it did often - especially for breakfast.
2nd, the playmakers were boring. Coming from St. Lucia where the playmakers are great - we were quite disappointed. The main pool was boring too, the music was hardly loud enough to hear most of the time. Luckily, the bartenders were able to help make the pool a little bit of fun. So props to Keon (for always singing since the music was barely hearable), and Renaldo who was an absolute joy to be around - always joking around! They make the best drinks too!
3rd, our turn down service was very late some nights, 9/10:00 so we often turned it down because by 10PM we were already in bed. The nightlife was very quiet here - once again, a disappointment because prior we were in St. Lucia (which has a great nightlife).
4th, I pre-ordered and had liquor imported specifically for my husband (which I paid a pretty good price for) that was supposed to be in our room upon arrival, it wasn't. They had to go hunt it down and didn't even know about it. They called our room after it had been delivered apologizing and saying they didn't care that type of rum on their resort. Yes, I know - hence why I paid to have it imported and placed in our room for arrival. Again, with the organization thing.
5th - We set up a photoshoot at a specific time, that I booked way prior to arrival. It's a good thing we stopped in to confirm it - because they had no record of it. so we were able to do our shoot the day we booked, as planned. Unfortunately - we waited for a photographer for a little while which in turn ended up running into our candlelight dinner. We also got an inexperienced photographer. These were our 1 year anniversary photos and we were very much so looking forward to great pictures. Some were great- but we didn't get what we really wanted, and were disappointed. The young man that took our photos was very great, and halfway through the photos one of the other photographers did come along to help him.

The rooms were great, but the whole time we were there our room was never under 70 degrees - even though we had it set as low as it would go.

Pros
The food was absolutely amazing!
Giuseppe's had pretty good Italian food! My favorite was the pasta fagioli soup, and the spaghetti bolognese!
Jasmine's was DELICIOUS! Their curry chicken dish was absolutely AMAZING! I insisted on going back more than one! YUM!
Eleanor's also had great food! They also have a "surprise" dish to begin your evening meal!
Cafe De Paris was absolutely awesome, great for coffees and late night snacks!
Bayside is always great, although during the day - I wish they were open for more than 2 hours for lunch. They have quite the variety of food for each meal! So awesome because you are able to try so many different things!
Bluefields- also, YUM! Their chicken patty's are a MUST TRY!
The Jerk Pit - was okay. The food was VERY good, but ask for extra sauce - because the extra really makes the chicken (or pork). Be prepared though, they chop the bone up with the chicken so be careful when eating that you don't swallow a bone.

As usual, the concierge was great. It's the way to go. Check in was nice and easy after the hour and a half horrible ride to the resort. The first half of the trip is okay - it's the second half that is bad. They also organized our candelight dinner special for us, because the original menu for us was alot of seafood - and we don't like that. They took an order for us from Giuseppe's and our candlelight dinner was perfect.

A to the Z was absolutely awesome! I was taking photos walking around the resort and he stopped me and was speaking to me for a good half hour about my camera! He showed me some new things for shooting in the lighting and overcast skies of Jamaica! I was very excited that he took that time with me!

The fire pits were beautiful, and very relaxing!
The beach was well groomed, but if your a beach person - this is not the place to visit. The beaches are very small, and the water isn't great.

We did 2 catamarans - one to the Pelican Bar - the other for snorkeling. Both wonderful experiences. I highly recommend both of them! The Pelican Bar is just amazing, and something you will never see again. The snorkeling brought us to a sandbar close to the coral where we seen some amazing things! (Including little baby squid! SO cute!)

The spa! We ended up with 2 massages - one because I booked it before we left, and the other because I found out we had a 150.00 spa credit, both were great! The therapists were wonderful and friendly.

My favorite part - and what really made my trip is how absolutely beautiful the grounds are.

Overall, we didn't stress the small things and enjoyed ourselves. While we had more "fun" in St. Lucia, we were able to have a much more relaxing time at Whitehouse. We re-booked for 2015 - but we are not 100% sure that we are going to keep that reservation or move it to another resort.

Room Tip: Italian and Dutch villages are the best. The higher up - the better the view but honestly, they all...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MrsLewis621
Nazareth
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our third time traveling to Sandals Whitehouse and it was for our honeymoon this time, and everything was spectacular. We love the entire staff at Whitehouse, everyone is so friendly, helpful, and outgoing. It was truly a magical time! We will definitely be back again. We booked our trip with VIP Vacations and used Jennifer - they were amazing in helping us decide where to stay - we love being VIP clients! Our trip was amazing and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Can't wait to plan our one year anniversary! We highly recommend VIP Vacations and Sandals Whitehouse!!!

Room Tip: Request the Italian Village - close to everything and very convenient to stay at!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisbeth S
Michigan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Sandals Whitehouse is just a superb resort with fantastic rooms and even better views of the ocean, beaches, and painted skies. This was our second trip to this resort, and the ride is still one of the most memorable parts of the experience, but once you arrive at the resort, you quickly relax and know "every little thing is gonna be alright!"
This was our spring break, and since my husband and my breaks never line up at the same time, we took advantage of this one year where they did! We utilized Club MoBay for the first time on this trip for both arrival and departure, and we felt it was well worth the money, We have never waited too long at the airport even without the service, but we spent even less time this go around due to the quick service of the Club MoBay staff.
Having taken the provided shuttle on our first visit, we decided to opt for a private transfer this time and that did cut down on the "herky jerky" nature of the ride, somewhat.
We arrived at the resort and were greeted with cool towels and rum punch, and after a few moments, we were taken to the lounge where we were given more cocktails and snacks and awaited our butler. We met Keen (our other butler was Joy), and he showed us to our room. We stayed in one of the penthouse suites and could not have been happier with the room. It was extremely spacious, had a superb view, and was just downright luxurious! Our butlers did an excellent job of making sure we had everything we needed and even anticipating needs/wants we didn't know we had.
We have to give shout outs to a number of other staff members: Peaches - who was visiting/training from Sandals Grande Riviera, Sherwin from Jasmines, Cheldon, Angelina, and Omar were among our favorite people to meet. Additionally, the entertainment team as a whole ROCKS! They are fortunate to have a wonderful facility to utilize in the cabaret, and they do such a great job of getting folks involved in the fun day and night!
I also have to mention that the fitness instructor is AMAZING! He is the best fitness guy I have encountered in my experiences with Sandals (5 resorts); he provides great fitness classes - the yoga and aquasize classes were serious and challenging... they made me feel like I was actually burning some calories and getting a workout- and you kinda need to burn some extra calories with all the great food options they provide!
One of the really nice touches at this resort was the setup and planning of the Sandals Select dinner event. There was a Sandals backdrop and photo op upon arrival, check in, and then cocktails. It was just a smooth, well-planned event, and it ensured everyone's night started off right. The dinner itself was tremendous - as always - with a number of delicious courses and special touches. (If you're not a Sandals Select member, sign up! The perks of being a returning guest are well worth the free sign up!)
We went on the Appleton Rum tour, and that was a GREAT experience! I would highly recommend checking it out. It takes a little over an hour to get to and from the estate, but it is a beautiful ride, and you get to taste a bunch of different rums/products after the tour.
We also had two massages; the spa here is amazing!
There are really no downsides to any Sandals visit we've had, but there is truly nothing to complain about at Sandals Whitehouse. It is a wonderful resort for beach and pool lovers alike, and it provides something for everyone in regards to food and entertainment. If you are looking for a laid back, fun, all beachfront, and luxurious resort, Whitehouse is a great option!

Room Tip: All rooms are beachfront with great views! My husband and I love the views from higher floors, but y...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank clarkmich
Reading
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had the best vacation of our lives. Also had our wedding there, which was so easy and comepletely flawless! Staff members were friendly and accomodating, dining was incredible and the resort was beautiful, clean and expertly groomed. Transportation was seamless and timely and all pro drivers on the sketchy back roads. The Redlane spa was luxorious and decadent with great staff. All around a perfect trip, 5 star, best 10 days of our lives!!! We booked for next year :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank btay67
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot believe it has taken me so long to get round to reviewing this place! We stayed here for a couples holiday (and birthday celebration) in January and couldn't have been happier. The hotel is in an absolutely stunning location and the rooms are gorgeous.
There are a wide variety of restaurants to visit and each one feels very special and unique. We especially loved the Thai restaurant and were impressed by how authentic the cuisine of each restaurant feels - it's like travelling the world without leaving the hotel!
We actually got engaged here and the hotel staff were very nice and made our stay feel extra special.
Would stay here again and again! So sad when we had to leave!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helly21
lincolnshire
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This review is a little 'behind'. Stayed at Whitehouse in April and didn't regret one second. Yes the road in is somewhat 'bumpy' but it was navigated quite well and to overcome this on the return to the airport we booked the private car option through Sandals, which was worth every penny.

The hotel itself met all expectations in all aspects. We stayed in the Dutch village in a high floor. This gave us superb views, quiet and peace, and a level of service that could only be described as excellent.

As well as the unquestionable quality of everything available, what makes this place so special is the staff who all go more than the extra mile to make sure your holiday ticks all the boxes.

It is difficult ( and perhaps unfair ) to pick out individuals but certainly Princess and chef Lairy deserve special mention as do the girls in the Café de Paris.

Don't miss the garden tour which is a highlight of the stay. The Martini bar was always a good night out and special mention to DJ D'roy who is quite a football expert.

This holiday was so good its only after reflection that we realise just how good it was.

My only suggestion is that you try it - you won't be disappointed.

Last but by no means least a very special thanks to Adrian (Come Back Soon) who made this all happen.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!