My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse, and it was perfect. We wouldn't have changed a thing!
Let me start by thanking Carey at Beach Bum for picking the perfect location for us! I gave her such a large list of likes and dislikes I thought it would be impossible to find the perfect spot, and she did just that. She also assisted us with multi-city airfare due to a destination wedding and planned all of our excursions and a romantic dinner for us. I literally didn't have to do a thing!
The resort/ room: It's beautiful. Everyday that I woke up there were so many people working on the grounds to make sure that they were immaculate. We stayed in a "Penthouse Butler Suite" in the Dutch Village. The room or rather rooms were spacious and cozy - I felt right at home! The bed was super comfortable, and who doesn't love an extra large Jacuzzi bathtub? It was also great to have to separate rooms - if the hubby wanted to sleep in, I didn't bother him at all and was able to enjoy the amazing view from my balcony while eating breakfast and having coffee! Of course our butlers Davion and Damion were awesome and always had treats and surprises for us.
The Pools: We ONLY swam at the main pool. It was amazing. Keon - what an experience. I feel in love with him. He was fun, and he made it such a great experience. By my second day he knew what I was drinking and always took care of us. Sure, there are bees around the pool bar area, but they never bothered us at all. But what do you expect with all that sugar sitting around? Everything was clean and neat and well kept - and the drinks were awesome. I tried them all I think, but my favorite was lime vodka lemonade on the rocks. YUM!
The Food: It was good - not great, but good. We are from Houston, and I am a huge foodie. I went in knowing I wasn't going to get that, but we enjoyed most everything we ate - the only place we didn't try was Bluefields. Room service was great and spot on. AND THE JERK PIT: We ate here every day for lunch or a snack, whatever, it was a necessity! The jerk chicken literally changed my life.
We are already planning to go back in February.This time we did stay in a butler suite because it was our honeymoon and Davion and Damion were fantastic, next time we may look into concierge level, but it all depends on how we feel when we book - we aren't really "needy," so didn't utilize the butler service the way I am sure most people do - BUT, everything we asked them to do was done and done to perfection, we had beautiful tables and reservations for dinner every night, great snacks, fun treats, pool side chairs reserved with a loaded cooler - they also took care of all of our check in and out processes.
I am spoiled, I stay in five star hotels, and I like to eat at great restaurants - you have to remember you aren't in America. All of the reviews that have negative things to say seem to be silly and obscure - and from what I've read come from people who need to stay at the Ritz in a major US city.
Best Resort I've been too - I love it. See you in February Whitehouse! Carey, we can't wait to work with you again!
Thank you to all of the amazing staff at Sandals Whitehouse, thank you to Davion and Damion for making it so memorable and special, thank you to Keon (and all of the other bartenders as well) for rocking the bar and making it so much fun and a GIANT THANK YOU TO BEACH BUM AND CAREY for making this whole thing possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica