“out of this world!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Xenia, Ohio
“out of this world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beautiful grounds,refreshing and not freezing pools,great staff,endless food and drink! Can't wait to return. It's a haul from the airport but transpiration is so easy with the help they give you and directing you everywhere with the waiting whitehouse reps. Interesting drive but very cool to view the city and countryside and culture if you can handle some bumpy roads and wild driving but it was worth it!

Room Tip: Book low and check if you can upgrade upon arrival. But trust me I don't believe this has any lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 62bassman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,054)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

On may 12 - 19th I stayed at the White House sandals we were there for about a week. I had a wonderful time everyone was great. the only problem we do have is that we were forced to stay an extra day we had to change our flights at a cost of almost $800. We were advised that we would get reimbursed 100% . There were protesters outside of the hotel not letting the guests leave. We were advised by the Manager mr. George [--] that we would not be able to leave we were advised to stay at the resort and enjoy another free day well it wasn't free like I said we had to spend a couple of hours trying to change our airline tickets and spend $800. 3 months later I am still trying to get my money I was offered 50 percent of my money and a free stay at one of there resort .well I'm not interested in staying at one of the resort.I do believe that management(mr. [--]) is very horrible and they lied to us. While talking to several employees at the resort we were advised that this is not the first time that this has happened. The locals are complaining about the roads and nothing is being done and Americans are suffering. Once again everyone at the resort was wonderful and unbelievable great time. But if I would have known that I was being kept against my will I would have never went. I've explained to management all I want is what was offered to me I don't want any free days I don't want a week vacation I don't want anything but what was offered to me. It seems like corporate (Christine [--]) wants to lose more customers over a lousy $350. At this point it's not the money its the principle I'm sure I'm not the only one on this list please let me know if you've had a similar situation.
I will never go to another Sandals resort and I will advise everyone I know of my situation

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jorge L
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals South Coast, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jorge,
Thank you for reaching out to us about your experience. We are sorry to hear that although your stay at Sandals Whitehouse was quite pleasant, the delay in departure due to the circumstances outside of our control ultimately lessened your overall enjoyment. After speaking with our management team and reviewing your records, we do see that you were reimbursed for the airline change fee as a gesture of good will along with a credit night voucher that could be used towards a future stay at any of our lovely properties. We are saddened to note hat you were not satisfied with our efforts to resolve your concerns and apologize if you felt that there was some miscommunication during this process. We hope you will reconsider and visit us once again as we would love the opportunity to regain your confidence and deliver a truly 5-star experience.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a wonderful honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse. The service and food were amazing. It was quiet but if we wanted to go out that night we could go anywhere for a good time. The rooms are beautiful. Some people complained about them being outdated and maybe they could use some updates, but it's a beautiful room and if you're like us, we weren't in there much. The beach was amazing! Hardly any waves and very calm. There are some seashells so watch your feel getting in. I would suggest the pelican cruise, it was a blast! Overall my husband and I had our dream honeymoon. One other thing to add... The ride in. It is pretty scary but totally worth it once you get into the resort. We can't say enough good things about it and we hope to one day return! And one other thing, make sure you bring your own band aids, headache or stomach meds because that can get expensive.

Room Tip: If you like a lot of peace and quiet try to stay at the Dutch a Village. Everywhere is nice but this...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kate M
Altamont, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse June 14th through the 20th for our honeymoon. We were looking at destinations during the winter and received a very fair price, and due to the great reviews we decided to go with this resort. Sandals did not disappoint!

The drive to the resort: we live in a rural area with rough and gravel roads, so the ride was nothing terrible to us. Expect winding roads, rough patches, and locals walking along the roads. I must say though, that the drivers knew that the bus is filled with visitors and they did an extremely good job of getting us to and from the resort. In my opinion, I would much rather go on a ride like this to this caliber of resort than go on a smooth highway to a crowded, noisy resort packed next to other resorts!! Which brings me to my next point:

This resort is by itself! It is not in a city and you spend your time on the resort. The town of Whitehouse is off in the distance (scenic off in the distance from the beach), but there is generally no going off the resort to explore on your own. This is good because you have a huge private beach with no vendors hassling you and no questionable drugs or anything, but if you are wanting to go off the resort into the city, a resort somewhere else may be your best option.

The beach: There are mixed opinions on the water, and i can say that the people who say the beach is horrible must be living in the brochures because the beach is fantastic. The water is clear except where it washes up on the beach where the sand clouds up the water a bit. People want baby powder sand and crystal clear water and -reality check- you get sand kicked up and the water is not clear right where everyone swims. However, if you go out on a hobie cat or paddle boards you find that the water is five to six feet deep and the most beautiiful blue you have ever seen!!! People say the watersports area is unorganized and this could be viewed this way, but is mostly due to the visitors that didn't follow directions and were not patient. We took the hobie cats out several times, went water skiing, and paddle boarded and had so much fun with this! There is a large area within the reef that you have for these activities and the water was out of this world.

Room: We stayed in the basic room and were put in the French Village, and the reviews are true that this building is more of the party atmosphere. If you are looking for a good time, a hopping pool and beach volleyball, this is the place for you. We wanted something more quiet so we were moved to the Italian village and this was fantastic. It was close to everything, quiet, and had a beautiful ocean view like every room on the 3rd and 4th level rooms on the resort. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was clean and basic. Fridge is stocked and room is cleaned twice daily. It was not a luxury hotel room but it was fantastic!

Pools; French-Party pool, beach volleyball, swim up bar. Dutch: Quiet! Relaxing, Beautiful ocean view from hot tub. Main pool: Huge, most people, swim up bar, always plenty of people camped out there all day.

Food/Restaurants: I must say that I always have to "adjust" to foods on vacation, but here the food was excellent and we never got sick from anything, which was fantastic. The food was phenomenal. Breakfast: Bayside had a huge buffet, and we had fresh fruit, french toast and omelets every morning. Eleanors had a sit down breakfast but we just went with the buffet. Bluefields had the best steak with the best atmosphere we have ever experienced. You are sitting out overlooking the ocean, and all of the food was out of this world. Make sure to try the local favorites and get out of your comfort zone. Neptunes was good for lunch and so was Bluefields again. You can get burgers or chicken salad, but there are more local choices also. Cafe de Paris was awesome, with pastries, cakes and coffee and ice cream all at your fingertips all day long. Eleanor's was high end, dress clothes only with excellent steaks and sides. Jasmines was fantastic for Asian cuisine and the manager did an excellent job running the restaurant, and Giuseppe's had very good Italian style dishes. Make sure to try the jerk pit for a snack! After dinner there are shows in the cabaret or beach parties. Also make sure to check out the fire pits by Bayside and Eleanors. They are comfortable and an extremely awesome place to just sit, relax and listen to the ocean.

For gifts and souvenirs there is a market that comes through and the pricing is very affordable and they like to haggle. Very good quality wood sculptures, jewelry, sandals, and other items are all availabe. The resort gift shops are good too.

The staff at the resort all do a great job. We never met anyone who wasn't helpful. They really helped us feel relaxed and there were truly "no problems mon" they just deal with situations and make the best of them. Photographers take your pictures and strive to get you some awesome shots. They can be perceived as bothersome but they are just doing their job, and if you don't want photos they will listen. If you do want pictures, they are true pros and will do whatever you ask! We did an evening shoot one time with Sheldon and he was excellent and a funny guy who made the photos fun.

There were a couple mistakes, one time an order got messed up, my wife got stung by a jelly fish, and the weather wasn't clear blue skies like we wished, but none of this seemed to matter, we truly felt like we were at a resort that was secluded, private, and top notch! We were never crowded, and we both agreed that this was THE MOST relaxing experience we ever had. We were both sad to leave. Thanks to everyone at Sandals Whitehouse that made the trip so enjoyable. On the bus ride back the bus drivers said that since we have been to Jamaica, we all were Jamaicans now. It was fantastic. If you are on the fence, with this resort just do it, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: For fun- French. For Quiet- Dutch. For close to everything and quiet, Italian. Go with the top two l...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank David B
Franklin Square, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my first destination wedding. It was absolutely perfect. The room was beautiful and the property just as nice. Everything was meticulously kept. The food was outstanding and the beverage selection were top of the line. I really looked forward to dinner every night. Each restaurant was delicious with great service. The entertainment was awesome too. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited this hotel for our honeymoon and our stay was very pleasant. Although the hotel was full capacity it did not feel this way. We were always greeted with very short wait time at the restaurants and pleasant staff. The beach is not the best but there are many other things for guests to enjoy at the hotel. All in all we would recommend this stay again and we plan to visit on our 10 year anniversary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunshinepc65
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Sandals Whitehouse. We didn't know what to expect from Jamaica - but we would definitely return. The resort was very spacious. So much that we actually asked the front desk about their occupancy - and they were close to full! We never waited in line for a drink and seating at the restaurants was always available. My husband is gluten free and we didn't know what to expect. At the coffee shop, they made gluten free desserts so he could enjoy treats. The chef at Neptune's was fabulous - he came out to talk to my husband about what he wanted to eat and made a full meal tailored to him. I couldn't gave asked for better service and a genuine concern to provide a GOOD gluten free meal! They also had gluten free pizza crust at Guiseppe's! Thank you for making this sometimes difficult part of traveling much easier!

We stayed at Italian Village - it was lovely and close to everything. Our biggest decision each day was whether to sit out by the pool or beach. It was quite windy when we were there, so I would suggest doing water sports early since they often closed for the afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,749 reviews

Been to Sandals South Coast? Share your experiences!