We traveled to Sandals Whitehouse from Aug 10-16 for our honeymoon. It was our second all-inclusive experience (previously stayed at Dreams in Cancun) and we LOVED Sandals Whitehouse SO much more. We loved the secluded location and we really didn't mind the drive from the airport. The drive was a great opportunity to see more of beautiful Jamaica!!
We stayed in the Dutch Village (our room was nice and we loved having a very private balcony nook), and spent most of our time at the Riviera Pool and Dutch Beach. Dutch Pool was very quite and relaxing, but we enjoyed the fun atmosphere of the Riviera Pool. We also enjoyed doing the glass boat ride, paddleboarding, and using the hobie cats.
The food was great. We loved breakfast and dinner at Eleanors, as well as dinner at Bluefields. We HIGHLY recommend the french toast at Eleanors--best we have ever had! Excellent service at the restaurants, especially from Nehru and Synovia at Giuseppe's, Tonyan at Neptune's, and Fiona at Eleanor's!!!
My only complaint about the trip was the abundance of photographers who were always wanting to take photos. I suppose it would be nice if we were traveling for an anniversary trip, but after a day full of pictures at our wedding, we were tired of consistent pushes from the photographers.
HIGHLY recommend Whitehouse, and we plan to return in the future!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Destinology so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica