Stayed from Jan 21 to 28 2009. First couple of days were fine in regards to waiting to get into restaurants and at the bars. And then things went down hill from there.
First, let me say that the resort is very well kept in terms of the grounds, gardens and beach. The maintenance staff are exceptional!!! I saw a staff member actually in the main pool with a scrub brush, scrubbing the tile between where the water comes up to and the top of the pool. They are very hard workers indeed.
Our room was in the French Village....PARTY CENTRAL!!!!!! One morning the bar staff that was getting ready for the day was playing the music so loud that if you werent awake you sure would have been ....and this was only 7:30 A.M.!!!!!WTH!!!!
One day, the bar ran out of ice(yes,ice),beer,pina coladas,rum and vodka!!! Not only did they run out,but they had no intentions of replenishing it either!The pool bars are only open until 6 p.m. and this was 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon.
That was a major disappointment that the pool bars close at 6 p.m. What? Are we all 100 years old and go to bed at 6 p.m.? There isnt a drink to be found unless you want to make the trek over to the main pool.The hot tub wasnt hot at the French either.The staff said they were working on it....after day 5 we gave up!!!!
The food...Jasmines was really good.Ate there twice and two really good meals.
Arazonas was good too. Over cooked the steak but still had a few good meals there.
Bluefields was okay. Jerk chicken was good.FYI...ask for double portion as not too big.
Guiseppes was not great. It only serves pizza from 12-4.Very slow!!!How can this be? They only serve 5 to 6 different varities. They ONLY serve pizza during the time frame! You would think that they could pump it out at record speed when thats all they are serving. They got my husbands order wrong, he ordered Hawaiin pizza and got just cheese, dont even ask about the refill for his beer. We were done our meal and leaving the table before it came. So frustrated that we didnt care if it came or not.
A friend of mine went there for dinner in the evening and said that the meal was great ....until she found a hair in her pasta!
The Piano Bar is an absolute gem! Really cold...but a very nice retreat. I highly recommend it.
The buffet was really good...lots to choose from and always fresh. The staffing was again not sufficient as sometimes had to get our own water or coffee/tea and refills.Bring bottles from your room if you are a big H2O drinker like me.
The room was nice. We went one day with no service, again a staffing issue.This is Sandals, you expect your room cleaned daily....right? When it was done, it was done well.
The view was obscured by a huge palm tree on our balcony.Did not see much of the ocean from our balcony like all the brochoures state.
All in all, the resort is very well kept and very clean but they need to fix the staffing problem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica